Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flyingfish

Lousy Interior Designers And Contractors

Hi everyone,

The topic is to attract your attention as i need your help here.

I just bought a resale flat and is now sourcing for interior designers and contractors.

I have to confess I am totally a green horn in this aspect.

I was told by friends that I have to write a list of renovation tasks I required for my flat and then ask for quotations from various interior designers/contractors. This way I am comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

Can you guys and gals advise me

- what are the criterias I should consider when assessing each of them besides the workmanships and costs?

- I read a lot of comments about some interior designers/contractors written by people getting renovation quotations and also from people who have their homes renovated by these interior designers/contractors. While those comments based on actual work done should be used as references for my own assessment, do you also recommend considering those comments by people sharing their own experiences on sourcing for their interior designers/contractors before they decided on one?

Any other things I have to take note when sourcing for interior designers and contractors?

Thank you so much in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Sori double posts, don't know how to delete... moderator can help? Thanks..

Hi,

Try going around to get a few quote and compare. As for IDs, you could get those recommended ID from the forum here.

Thereafter you could compare by per ft and the type of materials.

Regards

Any other things I have to take note when sourcing for interior designers and contractors?

Thank you so much in advance.

One MAIN important criteria, make sure the ID can specify down in black and white, line by line details of the work to be done.

For example, my experience is that my ID wrote in the package '4 ft shoe cabinet'...happy we sign. Then nearer to construction date, we don't know what is the design, how many levels, what accessories etc. feel like kanna con. The ID might as well just give me a 4ft rectangular box "nah, your shoe cabinet".

So during the discussion, if the ID is willing to get it down in black and white. 4ft shoe cabinet, 3 layer plywood, a drawing of the layout of the shoe cabinet, when going to do, where EXACTLY in the house going to place, where it is going to face ....and so on, the more details, the better.

This goes for the rest of the items like your kitchen cabinet....etc etc.

Its ALL in the details. Details = Quality (at least higher chance)

One MAIN important criteria, make sure the ID can specify down in black and white, line by line details of the work to be done.

For example, my experience is that my ID wrote in the package '4 ft shoe cabinet'...happy we sign. Then nearer to construction date, we don't know what is the design, how many levels, what accessories etc. feel like kanna con. The ID might as well just give me a 4ft rectangular box "nah, your shoe cabinet".

So during the discussion, if the ID is willing to get it down in black and white. 4ft shoe cabinet, 3 layer plywood, a drawing of the layout of the shoe cabinet, when going to do, where EXACTLY in the house going to place, where it is going to face ....and so on, the more details, the better.

This goes for the rest of the items like your kitchen cabinet....etc etc.

Its ALL in the details. Details = Quality (at least higher chance)

Or alternatively one can hire an ID who works for a credible outfit. Failure to deliver is likely to result in bad press and will undoubtedly affect reputation and business in the near term at the very least.