Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Keekx

Advice Needed For Revamping My Room

Hi all,

I need to setup my room for marriage and currently in alot of distress over alot of unknown information and hope to seek advice from the good souls here.

I currently live in a 4RM flat with my parents and first of all I don't even know how to calculate my room sqfoot. I only measure it like 2.88m x 4.1m.

Frankly speaking I would want to revamp my whole room... so my planned steps should be.

1) Laminate Flooring

2) Painting

3) Waredrode

4) Furniture

5) Lightings

6) Curtains.

-Please advise if the steps are in correct sequence.

Currently I'm already stuck with the first thing on hand which is Laminate Flooring.

Hope somebody can answer my questions on Laminate Flooring.

1) Who should I look for to quote me?

- those Supreme, Prego or ID?

2) Is doing one room more expensive?

3) What is the estimated budget required to laminate 1 room?

4) after lamination, can I mop?

I know some of my questions may sound really stupid.. but I have to admit it.. I know nuts about all these stuffs at the moment and hopefully you all can answer my doubts.

Thanks,

Keekx

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1) Look up on weekend newspaper for the next home & ID exhibition @ Expo, visit the company booth for their demo & price quotation. Alternatively, you can look up on yellow pages/websites for these companies email address or contact #. The last time I went to Supreme's website & wrote to their sales dept via "Contact Us" page, a guy rang me the following week. Approach the laminated flooring company is cheaper than going thru ID.

2) Yes, cos you can't bargain much. Also, do you think the whole house will look nice when only your room has laminated flooring & not the rest? You should consider doing up your parents' room as well.

3) The last time I did my 2 bedrooms, I was charged $4.30psf, which is around $1.5K.

4) Of course you can mop the floor, but do it a few days later, after the silicon gel has settled down. Your mop should not be too wet when mopping the floor.

Hi yokine9a,

Thanks for your swift reply.

I've discussed with my parents and they do not wish to get their rooms laminated for whatever reasons.. most likely cost. Nevertheless I will still get the quotation.

Also, doing 1 room first may be a good way for me to have a test before I got my house in few yrs time.

Regarding the laminated flooring company quotations,

1)They will just quote by Per SqFt or do they have to view my room before quoting?

2)Do I paint first before laminating the floor or the other way round..?

3)My room setup would most probably be a tempoary setting.. meaning 3yrs and to trim cost.

-Any recommendations for lower budget brands?

-What about those IKEA DIY Laminating floor?

Once again, thanks for your patience and guidance.

Keekx

Edited by Keekx