Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SLYW

Need Help In Home Entertainment System (sound Bar)

Hi All,

Anyone bought a Sound Bar system or 2.1 HTS recently that is good?

Thinking of buying the new Samsung Sound Bar (HTX-810) or Philips soundbar (HTS-6100) or Philips Soundbar (HTS6515).

Thinking of less wire, good sound and of course nice looking.

Any recommendation? :thumbs up:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I hate wires too and I'm currently using the Marantz ES7001 (6 spkrs) and I'm quite happy with it. If you're not a hardcore audiophile, I guess soundbars are good enough.

Even if not buying, you should try hearing the faux-surround effects from Yamaha YSP-4000 (using its 42 discrete drivers). From there, you can determine how much you're willing to sacrifice in terms of audio reproduction and spending power.

Bought a Sony DAV-F200 from the recent COMEX. It is a 2.1 HTS.

Simply could not resist its sleek appeal and sound clarity!

Will take delivery this Friday.

Hi All,

Anyone bought a Sound Bar system or 2.1 HTS recently that is good?

Thinking of buying the new Samsung Sound Bar (HTX-810) or Philips soundbar (HTS-6100) or Philips Soundbar (HTS6515).

Thinking of less wire, good sound and of course nice looking.

Any recommendation? :thumbs up:

Hi all

Sorry to pour cold water but i have posted many times about soundbars deficiencies esp for audio. But of coz its just my opinions & based on my hearing judgement.

To answer your questions -

Less wire - GOOD

Good sound - I DOUBT IT

Nice looking - IS EVERYONE BUYING A SOUND SYSTEM FOR LOOKS OR FOR QUALITY SOUND?

Samsung & Phillips are not "craftsmen" known to produce audio equipments. Their audio equipments are merely mass market production. Its not exactly very cheap either. So before u plonk your hard earned money into inferior equipments, do consider the Yamaha soundbars (though i would strongly advise against as it has no room for future upgrades)

Again, just my opinion.

Cheers

Vince

Bought a Sony DAV-F200 from the recent COMEX. It is a 2.1 HTS.

Simply could not resist its sleek appeal and sound clarity!

Will take delivery this Friday.

Hi isaacp,

By the way, how much did you bought for your Sony DAV-F200.

Thank you. :sport-smiley-004:

Samsung & Phillips are not "craftsmen" known to produce audio equipments. Their audio equipments are merely mass market production. Its not exactly very cheap either. So before u plonk your hard earned money into inferior equipments, do consider the Yamaha soundbars (though i would strongly advise against as it has no room for future upgrades)

they are good at making fridges, vacuum cleaner, aircon.... :lol:

Hi isaacp,

By the way, how much did you bought for your Sony DAV-F200.

Thank you. :sport-smiley-004:

Go visit www.xtremeplaceforum.com there's a lot of bros there selling their solid albeit 2nd hand audio equipments & speakers at reasonable prices. And its definitely not your usual Sony's, Phillip's & other consumer brands.

Cheers

Vince

Hi all

Sorry to pour cold water but i have posted many times about soundbars deficiencies esp for audio. But of coz its just my opinions & based on my hearing judgement.

To answer your questions -

Less wire - GOOD

Good sound - I DOUBT IT

Nice looking - IS EVERYONE BUYING A SOUND SYSTEM FOR LOOKS OR FOR QUALITY SOUND?

Again, just my opinion.

Cheers

Vince

talking about soundbars, seems like only philips have all in one soundbar. perhaps it is still under patent.

Philips are mass market producer, but the quality ones are the Cineos range. The HST8140 8100 are Cineos top range. My 5yr olds 30" & 17" Philips LCDs are all the 9000 series, both all my newer 5000 & 7000 series can't match.

You cannot just pour cold water on those 2 brands, if you have a proper room, you still can position and tune the sound to its best.

I used to have Rockfords, Bazooka, CDTs, Focal in my previous car and nothing beats my current McIntosh setup, eventhough it is "cheap" McIntosh" speakers.

I have both Bose Lifestyle but the Wave systems in my room but the latter sounds better to me. It all depends the type of music and source of media.

What do you think of Tag McLaren system? just a poser.?

talking about soundbars, seems like only philips have all in one soundbar. perhaps it is still under patent.

Philips are mass market producer, but the quality ones are the Cineos range. The HST8140 8100 are Cineos top range. My 5yr olds 30" & 17" Philips LCDs are all the 9000 series, both all my newer 5000 & 7000 series can't match.

You cannot just pour cold water on those 2 brands, if you have a proper room, you still can position and tune the sound to its best.

I used to have Rockfords, Bazooka, CDTs, Focal in my previous car and nothing beats my current McIntosh setup, eventhough it is "cheap" McIntosh" speakers.

I have both Bose Lifestyle but the Wave systems in my room but the latter sounds better to me. It all depends the type of music and source of media.

What do you think of Tag McLaren system? just a poser.?

We're talking about car or home audio system now?

No comment on Tag's system. I recommend in love at 1st hear.

But I do have comments on Bose though. For the amount one would pay(for Bose), its a lot cheaper to get something else which will sound much much better. EG Anthony Gallo's Micro Ti series. Its more chio than Bose, sounds much better & it cost 20% cheaper. Anyway, this is my personal opinion & based on my hearing. I never liked Bose as they're using Jurassic technology & you pay much more & certainly dont sound as sweet or warm to some of my HTS which Ive owned.

Cheers

Vince

I am considering Philips HTS8140 (fit 42" tv) with subwoofer & integrated DVD player retailing at $1699 or Yamaha digital sound projector YSP-3000 (fit 32" TV) retailing at $1599 (free subwoofer depending on promo).

Or paying much more at $2499 for Yamaha digital sound projector YSP-4000 (fit 42" TV) (free subwoofer depending on promo).

I read review on cnet on Philips HTS8140 and it gets the same number of * as YSP-3000. The cost difference is only $100 less for Yamaha but no DVD player and is shorter in length. Or to pay a $800-$900 more for the longer YSP-4000 & better sound quality?

Any advise please?

I am considering Philips HTS8140 (fit 42" tv) with subwoofer & integrated DVD player retailing at $1699 or Yamaha digital sound projector YSP-3000 (fit 32" TV) retailing at $1599 (free subwoofer depending on promo).

Or paying much more at $2499 for Yamaha digital sound projector YSP-4000 (fit 42" TV) (free subwoofer depending on promo).

I read review on cnet on Philips HTS8140 and it gets the same number of * as YSP-3000. The cost difference is only $100 less for Yamaha but no DVD player and is shorter in length. Or to pay a $800-$900 more for the longer YSP-4000 & better sound quality?

Any advise please?

I will absolutely go for HTS8140 - value for money with acceptable surround sound and good picture quality.

Sleek and compact design, wall mount and ease of use. Got it at a good price at a....h.....

I will absolutely go for HTS8140 - value for money with acceptable surround sound and good picture quality.

Sleek and compact design, wall mount and ease of use. Got it at a good price at a....h.....

Audio House products are generally over-priced. I had a bad experience with them over the price of their electronic products. In the end, those cost conscious customers should check out prices at Mustafa or HDB neighborhood shops like Everjoint or Goh Ah Bee. You'll be surprised at how much cheaper you can get from these places.

Cheers