Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Anyone Engaged 3d Innovations?

I have a lot of friends who are working as ID. Went around to get ideas as well as quotations from them back then. Pricy and yet the designs are ordinary. Till I met this guy by the name of Jayden from 3D, he approached me at HDB. Initially wanted to turn him down, but on a second thought, I told myself, "why not listen to him?".

So yeap, I tell him what I want, and he quoted me accordingly, and of course, on the other hand, he gave me advices on what can be done and what's not. From there, I engaged him. You know, sometimes, it's all about 缘分. When the feeling is right, you can't avoid. Just go.

No matter how demanding I am, he accommodates me. I find myself can be nuisance at times, but he still serves and reply my messages as well as calls promptly. Kudos man!

Speaking of after sales, he is not like those typical ID out there that don't give a single f*** about you after everything. He will try his very best to arrange his contractors down, to solve the issues that my wife and I faced, knowing we as the owner of the house, are anxious about it.

Overall, he is highly recommended. in fact, I have been recommending him to my circle of friends as well as family. (: good things are meant to be shared.

Thank you man!

Edited by Lim Jie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My reno is still on going but hubby & I are already so pissed off. The workmanship of the tiles were so bad, imagine the gaps between the living/bedroom tiles were even bigger than the HDB's kitchen tiles and we can feel the big gaps with our feet? We complained to the ID that the floor appeared to be uneven and only then the tiles' contractor then agreed to fill in the gaps so the flooring will feel more even.

The next nightmare is the electricity contractor (be it the boss or the workers). Who would be in the right mind to install one big led light together with a ceiling fan (c/w lighting) in the bedroom? Its simply so ugly and too bright, isn't' it? Yet the contractor never checked with the ID & proceed with the installation. Yes, he FINALLY fixed after we nagged at the ID. The living room ceiling fan was the worse. It was not working from the date of installation. I'm worried that the fan might be spoilt (cos' the original packaging & box had been thrown away) so we kept asking the ID to push her contractor to check on it. Week after weeks, the contractor gave all sorts of excuses but no work was done. Finally our ID gave in to her own contractor and she got her friend/brother to settle it for us. I can only say 3D's service really sucks.   

Comes the date of carpentry installation. The ID was confident and told us the date is on xxx and it will go according to schedule of 3 days. Who knows on the date itself, 3.30pm, she said there was a delay at the factory, will install tomorrow and need four days. The thing was, we had already fixed the date for windows & grills installation. Just because of one word "delay", we need to trouble the windows contractor and reschedule a new date. Very irresponsible on the company side.

We can't comment on the workmanship yet. Will give more updates our reno is completed in two weeks time.

Continuation of my renovation experience dated 5th Jun…

ID said carpentry installation will take four days. (Note that my house has wardrobes in all three bedrooms, one study table, cabinets on both walls of kitchen, TV console together with display shelving across the whole wall and finally feature wall/cabinets to hide the unsightly bomb shelter). Since my house has quite a lot of carpentry, I expected all of the carpentry to be fabricated at the factory and minimum of five to six workers to do the installation for them to meet the tight deadline. To our horror, most carpentry was done on the spot by two workers, at most three. I guess only my TV console, study table and perhaps wardrobe doors were made in the factory? In total, the carpentry installation took approximately eight days. We were seriously unhappy about it and complained to ID. Her answer was “No worries, I have buffer in between. Can handover on time”. This only proved to us one thing – it’s a norm for your contractors to delay so the work schedule you provided to owner is meaningless.

Aside from the carpentry, our kitchen’s table top installation was also delayed by one day. Same thing, ID promised that her contractor would go down on xxx, but when we went down on the same day evening, no work was done. We questioned the ID. Only then the ID found out that her contractor was stuck at another site and will only do installation on the next day. Isn’t it a joke that my ID don’t know her contractor missed the deadline?     

The worst thing that I experienced was yesterday. We noted that our TV console’s display shelves/study table shelf were short of glass doors, when ID kept emphasizing that handover can be done in few days’ time. Again, we questioned the ID. Her answer had shocked my hubby and me: “You got requested for glass doors? Contract was not stated. Must top up for glass doors” à (a) The glass doors were the first thing that we requested and we even explained to her that we want minimal dust collection. She said ok, since there are not many glasses, she can absorb the costs for us. (B) Before the final 3D drawing is out, we told her that we want the TV console/display to be lengthened to reach the fake ceiling instead of having the top part exposing. She said this time no choice, we must top up the costs since the glass doors used will be bigger. We went ahead. After that, she even asked if we want wooden shelving or glass shelving. I remember my hubby did ask her if costs of glass / wood were the same. She said not much difference so we proceeded with glass shelving. (C) The final 3D shows all my display shelving had glass doors à So I sent her a copy of the contract which states the top up of glass. Really oh my goodness, she said the top up was for wooden to glass shelves instead of glass doors. I got really so angry with myself and the ID.

It’s a mistake on our part for not asking the ID to put everything in black and white. When the additions in the contract were made, the ID indeed wrote as “top up for glass shelve” and we did not spot the mistake. Luckily, the good thing about my ID: she was good at rectification. Ultimately, she admitted that it was part of her mistake and she had agreed to do all glass doors installation with no additional costs. But, our handover will be delayed by a day.

Few more days to go, hoping things will turn out fine in the end.     

On 6/15/2017 at 11:07 AM, elilo85 said:

Continuation of my renovation experience dated 5th Jun…

ID said carpentry installation will take four days. (Note that my house has wardrobes in all three bedrooms, one study table, cabinets on both walls of kitchen, TV console together with display shelving across the whole wall and finally feature wall/cabinets to hide the unsightly bomb shelter). Since my house has quite a lot of carpentry, I expected all of the carpentry to be fabricated at the factory and minimum of five to six workers to do the installation for them to meet the tight deadline. To our horror, most carpentry was done on the spot by two workers, at most three. I guess only my TV console, study table and perhaps wardrobe doors were made in the factory? In total, the carpentry installation took approximately eight days. We were seriously unhappy about it and complained to ID. Her answer was “No worries, I have buffer in between. Can handover on time”. This only proved to us one thing – it’s a norm for your contractors to delay so the work schedule you provided to owner is meaningless.

Aside from the carpentry, our kitchen’s table top installation was also delayed by one day. Same thing, ID promised that her contractor would go down on xxx, but when we went down on the same day evening, no work was done. We questioned the ID. Only then the ID found out that her contractor was stuck at another site and will only do installation on the next day. Isn’t it a joke that my ID don’t know her contractor missed the deadline?     

The worst thing that I experienced was yesterday. We noted that our TV console’s display shelves/study table shelf were short of glass doors, when ID kept emphasizing that handover can be done in few days’ time. Again, we questioned the ID. Her answer had shocked my hubby and me: “You got requested for glass doors? Contract was not stated. Must top up for glass doors” à (a) The glass doors were the first thing that we requested and we even explained to her that we want minimal dust collection. She said ok, since there are not many glasses, she can absorb the costs for us. (B) Before the final 3D drawing is out, we told her that we want the TV console/display to be lengthened to reach the fake ceiling instead of having the top part exposing. She said this time no choice, we must top up the costs since the glass doors used will be bigger. We went ahead. After that, she even asked if we want wooden shelving or glass shelving. I remember my hubby did ask her if costs of glass / wood were the same. She said not much difference so we proceeded with glass shelving. (C) The final 3D shows all my display shelving had glass doors à So I sent her a copy of the contract which states the top up of glass. Really oh my goodness, she said the top up was for wooden to glass shelves instead of glass doors. I got really so angry with myself and the ID.

It’s a mistake on our part for not asking the ID to put everything in black and white. When the additions in the contract were made, the ID indeed wrote as “top up for glass shelve” and we did not spot the mistake. Luckily, the good thing about my ID: she was good at rectification. Ultimately, she admitted that it was part of her mistake and she had agreed to do all glass doors installation with no additional costs. But, our handover will be delayed by a day.

Few more days to go, hoping things will turn out fine in the end.     

Who was your ID? Mind sharing?

Hi,

Visualize your dreams with 3D floor design, Interactive 3D Floor Plan, 3D Virtual Floor Plan and 3D Sections Plan. We can deliver it with landscape and Wall Cut view as well.

yantramstudio.com/3d-floor-plan.html

Sorry i was not active ever since my reno ended. 

Well whole renovation was delayed by a week. There were minor defects here & there. I simply refused to make final payment until everything were fixed. My ID knew that she could not handle her contractors becos after all she still a lady. She got her colleague, most prob her superior to help. Yeap, things were done much faster. Everything fixed & settled in three weeks from so call handover date.