Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sharino

Where To Source For Reasonably Priced Tempered Glass Sliding Door For Balcony

Guys,

Where to source for reasonably priced tempered glass sliding door for balcony?

Bout 3.5 length i think.

Urgently looking to install one as afraid my cat might damage the parquet platform at my balcony.... :curse:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello.

you can try to get a pd door for ur balcony.

its cost abt 1.5k with gst. pretty cheap and nice

pd door? u mean 4 pcs of pd door and lock in the center? can b done w/o any pillar in the center?

Guys,

Where to source for reasonably priced tempered glass sliding door for balcony?

Bout 3.5 length i think.

Urgently looking to install one as afraid my cat might damage the parquet platform at my balcony.... :curse:

Depending on what type of sliding door you need, with bottom track or without, usually such a big sliding door, with bottom track is recommeded to ensure stability.

Normal sliding door cost around $1500++

If tempered, it cost around $300 more...

However, i feel that a normal sliding door will be enough, not really need tempered glass, if you are afraid, you can opt for 6mm glass, cheap than tempered glass

IF you need more quotes, feel free to PM me, i can give you my contractor details so you can call them up to ask

Depending on what type of sliding door you need, with bottom track or without, usually such a big sliding door, with bottom track is recommeded to ensure stability.

Normal sliding door cost around $1500++

If tempered, it cost around $300 more...

However, i feel that a normal sliding door will be enough, not really need tempered glass, if you are afraid, you can opt for 6mm glass, cheap than tempered glass

IF you need more quotes, feel free to PM me, i can give you my contractor details so you can call them up to ask

If you are doing a glass door of any kind besides wardrobe/cabinet doors it will have to be tempered by law. doing a full height door recommended thickness would be 12mm.

If you are doing a glass door of any kind besides wardrobe/cabinet doors it will have to be tempered by law. doing a full height door recommended thickness would be 12mm.

Is there such a law? search the hdb website can't find this rule. can adivse where to find the rules? so i can understand more for my coming flat. I did a sliding door for my balcony too (many years ago b4 i got married, in my parents house), i only use 6mm glass (my height around 84 inches only, the top is a fixed panel recommended by my contractor, width around 30 inches per panel). So far no problems

They say no min requirement for Sliding door coz its inside the flat. I did ask about thicker glass, and was told tat if you use 12mm glass, there will not be enough space for rubber and can only place silicone and it will be very heavy, easy to spoil. but they did recommended tempered glass but i got no budget at that time.