Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boonkhim

Contractors Too Busy To Give Quotations?

huh? i pass my floor plan to my id e 1st time we met then he gave me a quote on the 2nd appt based on the floorplan then we met up at the new place to iron out all the hidden costs n take e exact measurement b4 meeting up for e final quote.

i think is better this way. if not will end up wif a lot additional items. in the end confirm will overshoot budget.

:dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

boonkhim..actually its better for ID to come your house to give you a proper quote...all those who take floorplan one usually give an inaccurate quote...some house their balconies are broken down, like for mine which most ID did not take into account for..

I agree but unless you have the luxury of time (ie you need not move out of your current place for the buyer in the stipulated time frame), you need to hunt/shortlist an ID or contractor first base on the floor plan.

Things that have been changed by the seller, all I can do is, describe as best as I could.

That is why it is very frustrating that the contractors are refusing to quote me base on the floor plan. After all, that is what quotation are for. It is just a quote.

Anyway, one would only have the key to the flat in question after the second appointment.

Contractors should be able to provide a draft quote based on floor plan.

My reno contractor did that before I arranged to meet up with him for house viewing. Afterthat, plus n minus based on actual site measurement.

Contractors should be able to provide a draft quote based on floor plan.

My reno contractor did that before I arranged to meet up with him for house viewing. Afterthat, plus n minus based on actual site measurement.

I agree. THe floorplan tells everything. THe actual size is just about some cm different. It doesn't make a big difference for getting quotation.

Anway, that's what I know, even though my hubby-to-be is the one who did all the job hehe :bath:

oh, tat's cool!

your hubby did the run about? :jawdrop:

if my hubby will do the same...sigh.... :(

he's so lazy...he said jus throw everythin to id can le...no need so tedious...althou i insisted

on DIY...could have save us some bucks...lucky the id still ok...no major problems...if not i kill my hubby le...lol :sport-smiley-004:

I suggest you should give up if they don't respond to you. Imagine this: they're reluctant to respond; what if they accept to do renovation for your house, and there're some problems that need to be fixed? Who would help? 8|

50K is very expensive for HDB. Maybe you can post here what you want to do. I believe the forumers are very helpful to give you more feedback and input. :sport-smiley-003:

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you my contractor to call. You can get quotation from him, at the same time do more research. There're plenty of firms in Spore who WANT to work with you. :disturb:

Native02, can PM me ur contractor's contact... i hv all the ID quotes too but .... :bangwall: