Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jt1011

Additional Toilet

Anyone added 1 more toilet?

According to HDB guideline (for executive apartment), installation of toilet bow at wash area is allowed and need not apply permit.

Please share your experience on design/layout, price etc.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

erm, i think u better read the guide carefully... Installation of toilet bowl means replacing the old bowl to a new 1... Not construct a new toilet bowl... If construct new toilet with new toilet bowl can be done without permit, i wonder where will all the sewage goes... ^^ The architects no rice eat liao... Bcos we can be architects too... kekeke (^oo^)

Edited by de_Pierre

I called HDB.

The first time they said cannot.

The Second time I read the following FAQ to them then they said can.

* Types of Work - Installation of pedestal pan at wash area of (3rd storey and above) executive apartment

* Need Permit - No

* Guidelines - Discharge pipes to be connected to the existing pipes or above floor slab connection.

* Guidelines - No hacking of reinforced concrete slab is allowed or tampered with.

Still need to call their TA to confirm though!

this is for EM (executive maisonette).. not EA (executive apartment).. some EMs come with a wash area instead of a washroom..

yup. Most EMs built in the 80s came with wash area on the 1st storey but in the 90s, HDB started to allow such EMs to convert the wash area into a bathroom with WC when HDB starting building EMs with 3 toilets.

Manage to talk to the HDB Branch Office TA.

He said can not. If wan need to submit drawing for consideration.

Later I call up Branch Office Customer Service Office. He said base on the guideline, can install toilet bowl at the wash area without permit. But because there is no indication of wash area in the floor plan so the guideline don't apply. :(

Sure not approved 1 la, if there's no proper connecting of sewage pipe, how can be done?

Even the HDB rules are fixed, whereby it writes can be done, but the site is practically cant be done (no matter EM/EA, we're talking abt high rise flats), no way to argue with the HDb officers...