Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CBLAI

Cb's Reno Blog

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
from what i can see, seems like ur place is good to play with eg. wallpaper and feature walls as well as mirrors

your own personal preference actually

cos u and ur partner have to work out the budget as well

maybe can add 1 or 2 more colours to black and white..

my hb want to put wall paper but no budget. can only do feature wall. :(

additional colour will be the platform laminates becos no black or white and curtains doing silver colour :P

May I know who is your id. Thank you.

Hi Roel - ID will be Dennis from Lovehome

congrats! love the space u have...can tell us wats ur floor area?

and i love the R&R corner.........

Floor area is 142sqm.

spam chop :dancingqueen:

think that one is the air-con ledge window

Hi applefreak,

right that air-con ledge. so sad no balcony.

I saw your designs, it's unique. I like how the ID used the black L-box and beam to separate the dining, living and cosy area.

Yes, smartfool is right about the budget. You must first bear that in mind and then based on your needs and usage, create the appropriate spaces. If you have kids or are planning to, then the cosy area can be a mini play area. Alternatively, if you want to, you can partition the space near your windows into an open-concept study-room or something.

Anyway, my experience tells me that whatever budget you set aside, likely to exceed by 10-20%. So you must be prepared.

I saw your designs, it's unique. I like how the ID used the black L-box and beam to separate the dining, living and cosy area.

Yes, smartfool is right about the budget. You must first bear that in mind and then based on your needs and usage, create the appropriate spaces. If you have kids or are planning to, then the cosy area can be a mini play area. Alternatively, if you want to, you can partition the space near your windows into an open-concept study-room or something.

Anyway, my experience tells me that whatever budget you set aside, likely to exceed by 10-20%. So you must be prepared.

currently already exceed more than 20% from my budget. fm the reno talk c wat ppl do, and keep adding. pockets burn big big hold liao.

spam chop. :dancingqueen:

Interesting layout, waiting for more pics.

Yeap interesting layout headache. my princess dun like to zebra crossing and painting. request to amend on the id.

Lvingroom-3.jpg

living_hall-1.jpg

cosycorner-1.jpg

Edited by CBLAI

the feature wall with sliding doors to the rooms? haha. can bluff friends dont have rooms and you sleep in the study,imagine their face when they're trying to find the rooms.haha. its comes without balcony?

the feature wall with sliding doors to the rooms? haha. can bluff friends dont have rooms and you sleep in the study,imagine their face when they're trying to find the rooms.haha. its comes without balcony?

ya, going to tell friends tat knock down all wall. :notti: the long bowling alley without balcony......

3d drawing for the rooms

Masterbedroom - choice 1

Slide7.jpg

Masterbedroom - choice 2

Slide8.jpg

2nd bedroom

Slide3.jpg

3rd bedroom

Slide4.jpg

study room

Slide9.jpg

Like to idea of using the black L-box and beam to separate the dining, living and cosy area provided all measurement is proportion. nw problem :furious: Dinning area too small and living area too long. ID given wrong measurement to ceiling contractor. all electrical work "L" box done. meeting all to discuss tmr. :dunno:

Like to idea of using the black L-box and beam to separate the dining, living and cosy area provided all measurement is proportion. nw problem :furious: Dinning area too small and living area too long. ID given wrong measurement to ceiling contractor. all electrical work "L" box done. meeting all to discuss tmr. :dunno:

Don't worry, your ID is your project manager and he's paid to solve this problem for you. If there;s a reasonable compromise then ok, but if it's really wrong, then they have no choice but to redo as it was their mistake.

Yeah...it's easy to exceed the total budget, mine did by more than 15% liao... :bangwall:

Don't worry, your ID is your project manager and he's paid to solve this problem for you. If there;s a reasonable compromise then ok, but if it's really wrong, then they have no choice but to redo as it was their mistake.

Yeah...it's easy to exceed the total budget, mine did by more than 15% liao... :bangwall:

thks. Manage to solve the problem. Redo partial of "L" Box and electrical work. :sport-smiley-004:

ready need to watch the budget. excess too much liao :bangwall::bangwall:

Edited by CBLAI

thks. Manage to solve the problem. Redo partial of "L" Box and electrical work. :sport-smiley-004:

ready need to watch the budget. excess too much liao :bangwall::bangwall:

Agree...very easy to exceed...just concentrate customisation of carpentry on essential storage areas and cut down on those that make the house 'look nice' if you have to. You can always buy decorative furnishings to make it look nice later, plus those things you can change as and when you wish.

Also, I realised that one must really window shop and bargain like crazy to get the best deals... my hb and I don't really like to go around bargain hunting so we ended up paying a lot more for certain things... so you must be prepared to be the shopping warrior! :D