Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johntan2005

Help! Toilet Wall Tiles Different Tones Now

My contractor bought the wrong color tone and now my yard toilet wall tiles are in different tones from the original tiles. the difference can be quite obvious as the original is slightly blueish white and the color my contractor bought is very white. affected area is about 12 pieces. what can i do if not going to redo the wall tiles? wallpaper (has to be water proof as its washing machine area)? paint? any bleaching treatment for ceramic? not sure if the color tone will change over time if i just leave it. any advise is appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

try to ask the contractor change for you..and press your contractor to deal with the tiles suppliers, they might have the stock and the same tone......they must have the way if you insist to..dun try to be too soft heart..by the way..where did you get your tiles..white horse ???

try to ask the contractor change for you..and press your contractor to deal with the tiles suppliers, they might have the stock and the same tone......they must have the way if you insist to..dun try to be too soft heart..by the way..where did you get your tiles..white horse ???

yes, my condo developer say its from whitehorse and provided me a sample. my contractor says he got it from whitehorse too with the same sample. made some inquiry with whitehorse yesterday and got the tile code, will be going down to get it myself today :( is it reasonable that my contractor want to charge me for redoing the tiles?

yes, my condo developer say its from whitehorse and provided me a sample. my contractor says he got it from whitehorse too with the same sample. made some inquiry with whitehorse yesterday and got the tile code, will be going down to get it myself today :( is it reasonable that my contractor want to charge me for redoing the tiles?

Why should you pay for his mistake?

Why should you pay for his mistake?

actually its nobody's fault, today i went down personally to get the tiles, still could not match the original tile color. the previous batch was made in vietnam, now this batch is made in malaysia although they are the same tile code! i guess my last resort is overlay with new tiles :( or make do with the 'featured' wall haha...

actually its nobody's fault, today i went down personally to get the tiles, still could not match the original tile color. the previous batch was made in vietnam, now this batch is made in malaysia although they are the same tile code! i guess my last resort is overlay with new tiles :( or make do with the 'featured' wall haha...

alamak. like tat really not ur ID's fault. erms... depends on how badly diff is de tiles. in de first place, i would have considered hacking n layin new tiles.

this situation always happens in white horse as they don't keep so much stock at their warehouse and u will easily see the different of two tones when u noticed that tiler already lay on as tilers themselves lazy and check the tonality of the tiles..................so if next time, when approach to White Horse check with them..whether are they have the sufficent tiles for replenish......