Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poseidon_gal

Which Is More Important? Direction Of The House Or Direction Of The Door?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey Cutie,

do you know if it's bad FS to have the MBR door facing the main door? Tried to PM Master Chong but failed :(

thanks!

Hey Cutie,

do you know if it's bad FS to have the MBR door facing the main door? Tried to PM Master Chong but failed :(

thanks!

erm....from my point of view is not really good lor...not because of the fs part, but only not convenient when someone come to ur house the first view is ur mbr(wich is ur most privacy area in the house:P)

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

qi only flow in through main door and not through window?? why i ask is because i saw a unit which is N-S facing..but the direction of the door i dont like..that is why i am asking this question.

Which is more important? direction of the house or direction of the door?

AFAIK, it is the direction of the house that is important in fengshui and the direction of the main door is what you use to determine the direction of the house.

In most cases the direction of the house is the same as the direction of your main door, ie standing below your door looking out. However is some cases, you might have to take the direction of the house where you have most window.

Hey Cutie,

thanks!

IIRC, the problem with MBR door facing the main door is that you occupant in the MBR will be overwhelmed by the Chi that is coming into the room and one way of fixing the problem is to place things in between to slowdown the chi.

I think you will have serious problem if your bed if facing your MBR door and at the same time facing the main door.

This what I know:

- Direction of the house is very important

- Most ideal direction is North-South direction, where front (living room) of the house faces North, and Back (kitchen) of the house faces South.

- Good FSMs will know how to determine direction, by standing in the right place in the house.

- Sometimes, the layout of the house is not straightforward (or rather messy), and so difficult to determine the front or back. In this case, the front door will be used to determine the direction of the house.

- Most ideal direction is North-South direction, where front (living room) of the house faces North, and Back (kitchen) of the house faces South.

My house seems to be in this N-S direction. The reason I am not sure is, my living room windows are facing North, whilst my kitchen windows are facing South, however, my house is a corner unit with main door facing West.

So, I don't know what the direction is of my house :dunno:

My house seems to be in this N-S direction. The reason I am not sure is, my living room windows are facing North, whilst my kitchen windows are facing South, however, my house is a corner unit with main door facing West.

This is a good read to find out about home direction

http://www.wofs.com/index.php?option=com_c...view&id=140

So if your main door direction is different from your apartment, does it mean that Chi will not be entering your home via the main door?

Edited by Husky

if the best direction is North and south, how about if NS is my disaster location base on my bazi? means i never can get a perfect house ler :bangwall::bangwall:

i read somewhere (forget)that long long time ago they always choose ns facing house because thats is where the wind come and dont hv afternoon sun. so the house will be very windy

It should be NS facing, but I am no FSM. The door direction is only used to determine house direction if the layout of the house is too complicated to properly determine the direction.

may i know why?

So that your house will be in alignment with the magnetic field of the the North & South Poles. The Earth is one big magnet. Something about polarisation.

Thanks for all the replies, now I know my flat is NS facing :dancingqueen:

So that your house will be in alignment with the magnetic field of the the North & South Poles. The Earth is one big magnet. Something about polarisation.

All the while I thought was due to the morning & afternoon sunlight causing extra heat to the house, hence, NS facing houses are the best to live in, peiseh peiseh :P

to me, wall direction is the more important. every moment you are inside the house you are affecting by all the walls much much more than door, you only use door for a few moments, but location of door is important if you leave your door open, sometimes it is just a common sense, many fengshui masters may tell you otherwise because after they got their fengshui sense they lost their common sense.

Edited by fengshui-123