Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chen08

Aluminium Cloth Hanger Frame

Hi all,

Please advise. My contractor quote me $85 for provide and install a pair of aluminium cloth hanger frames (standard HDB type, 8 hooks).

Wonder is this price reasonable?

As I deal with aluminium parts before (but not for construction), personally I think the price is too high.

Hope someone can advise soon!

Thanks! :bow:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Please advise. My contractor quote me $85 for provide and install a pair of aluminium cloth hanger frames (standard HDB type, 8 hooks).

Wonder is this price reasonable?

As I deal with aluminium parts before (but not for construction), personally I think the price is too high.

Hope someone can advise soon!

Thanks! :bow:

saw some hardware shops selling it at $20+ definitely less than $30 ...maybe u wana buy it urself and get ur contractor to install for u (FOC??)

saw some hardware shops selling it at $20+ definitely less than $30 ...maybe u wana buy it urself and get ur contractor to install for u (FOC??)

Hi Bubble Ling,

Can you advise where are the hardware shops I can look for?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Bubble Ling,

Can you advise where are the hardware shops I can look for?

Thanks a lot!

those normal hardware shops in hdb areas shld hv....in fact if u are staying in Jurong west there is a shop at gek poh shopping centre selling at $20+ im goin to get mine frm there also

since their starting price is so ex, probably u can test them saying u supply the hooks, they supply labour to install. My guess is they will still quote a high price for labour.

note that there're 2 colours, aluminum silver, or bronze colour.

since their starting price is so ex, probably u can test them saying u supply the hooks, they supply labour to install. My guess is they will still quote a high price for labour.

note that there're 2 colours, aluminum silver, or bronze colour.

got bronze color?? so far only saw silver

got bronze color?? so far only saw silver

Hi Bubble-Ling,

Hdb hardware shops sure have. even thos ebrown type that is same materials like the common aluminium grilles.... I saw various types in many hardwares shops in woodlands, Bishan and even Yishun. The more conventional hardware stores shure have them... maybe even handifix carry them.. check them out...

As for price definately ard S$20 only.

good luck :notti:

but i agree with hihihi ... cos already ask contractor to quote liao then he quote so high.. he prolly wun install FOC and will charge to cover his cost. :P

In that case, does anyone of you know normally how is the installation charge?

Hi BYR,

I went to a few shops in one of the area you mentioned, but only saw one type (aluminium type, with J-shape hooks, can see like many aluminium strips welded together, look very ugly). I am actually looking for 1 piece cut out type. Can recommend where which shop in specific where I can find this kind?

Thanks a lot to all for replying to my post!

install a light cost $8 to $10, therefore, to install this thingy should not be too far from $10. Coz it's only drilling holes in the ceiling to mount the bracket. Even electrician can do that, it's a handyman's job, need only the proper power tools.

if my memory serve me well, the bronze type is also J-hooks. It's actually 2-J facing back to back, riverted to a bar. Nevermind it's ugly, coz very soon, u won't even bother to look up to see it.

install a light cost $8 to $10, therefore, to install this thingy should not be too far from $10. Coz it's only drilling holes in the ceiling to mount the bracket. Even electrician can do that, it's a handyman's job, need only the proper power tools.

if my memory serve me well, the bronze type is also J-hooks. It's actually 2-J facing back to back, riverted to a bar. Nevermind it's ugly, coz very soon, u won't even bother to look up to see it.

That's the one I saw..but I really think it is too ugly. I saw the following type in one house a few years before. This one looks a lot prettier and firm :

| |

|_ ______ _____ __|

,_) (_, ,_) (_, ,_) (_,

\___/ \___/ \___/

This one look a lot nicer right? (Hope the drawing is clear) :dancingqueen:

That's the one I saw..but I really think it is too ugly. I saw the following type in one house a few years before. This one looks a lot prettier and firm :

| |

|_ ______ _____ __|

,_) (_, ,_) (_, ,_) (_,

\___/ \___/ \___/

This one look a lot nicer right? (Hope the drawing is clear) :dancingqueen:

Oops looks like the drawing become jumbled up after I click send :(

$85 bucks.. make sure he gets you a Stainless Steel type..

and make sure you get to choose the design from his supplier.. haha..

daylight robbery...aluminium is cheaper..

Hi BYR,

I went to a few shops in one of the area you mentioned, but only saw one type (aluminium type, with J-shape hooks, can see like many aluminium strips welded together, look very ugly). I am actually looking for 1 piece cut out type. Can recommend where which shop in specific where I can find this kind?

Thanks a lot to all for replying to my post!

Hi Chen08,

Try Lavendar area. there are a couple there sure sell the 1 piece one... but i do agree after a while u prob would even borther to look up n notice e frame... kekkekeke

For installation, i suggest u keep the frame... aim for 1 day where the workers will be there installing cabinet or maybe the window grilles etc... talk to 1 of them n buy them a $.90 kopi.... usually there are prob 2 of them... chat with them as they go about their work... if can click.... then pop "the magic qn" n offer "compensate them a bit like $20... that way ur total damage still lesser than $85... it prob will be ard $20 + $20 + $1.80 = $41.80

hope the tactics works... :dancingqueen:

:notti:

Edited by Byr

I saw the hardware shop at AMK center (Near the AMK Hub, walk along the shop house outside the Hub and should be able to find it) selling, they have silver and black aluminum. Can't remember the price...

Also saw the DIY shop at Marina Sq selling those Stainless Steel type. But I think Aluminum is better.

$85 is cut throat price.... My ID and my sister's ID gave us for free... we only need to ask for it...