Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Everyone out there,

A few months ago I engaged City Design Edwin for my new house renovation as he was quite nice and patient when we discussed our plans with him. As I later realised that he charged too high for most of the items, I went to cancel the the agreement with them.

The ID promised that he can refund me the deposit of $1k in term of items of the same value after seeking his boss's agreement. So I went to their recommended shop to get those items. Later, but I was told by the shop that they could not contact the ID and the City Design is not willing to honor this agreement as they say this is between the ID and me.

The shop could not find this ID for a few months so decided to cancel my order.

Has anyone encountered similar situation before? I really need some advises on what to do next. Thanks in advance.

Obiwan

Hi i suggest u call up the company rather than blaming ur ID. did u even call up ur ID personally or the company before putting up this post? just to share, ur mentioned ID actually recently completed my resale flat in jurong west and i would say out of 5 IDs, his price quoted wasn't the cheapest, but not the most expensive. he did mention the 1k to see design, but at the same time he roughly quoted me and let me know how much it roughly cost for my renovation works and tell me to compare before engaging him as my ID. as i already did afew comparison before looking up for him, i engaged him. his design and service impressed my wife and i. so we finally agreed on the contract. though there were some hip-cups during renovation process by their workers, my ID solved it immediately. i admire his responsibilty and following up service. i would strongly recommend him to others who are looking for IDs. and i thank him for creating our dream house.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi i suggest u call up the company rather than blaming ur ID. did u even call up ur ID personally or the company before putting up this post? just to share, ur mentioned ID actually recently completed my resale flat in jurong west and i would say out of 5 IDs, his price quoted wasn't the cheapest, but not the most expensive. he did mention the 1k to see design, but at the same time he roughly quoted me and let me know how much it roughly cost for my renovation works and tell me to compare before engaging him as my ID. as i already did afew comparison before looking up for him, i engaged him. his design and service impressed my wife and i. so we finally agreed on the contract. though there were some hip-cups during renovation process by their workers, my ID solved it immediately. i admire his responsibilty and following up service. i would strongly recommend him to others who are looking for IDs. and i thank him for creating our dream house.

Why so defensive in your first post, people just sharing their experiencce... :dunno:

Why so defensive in your first post, people just sharing their experiencce... :dunno:

hi i believe the first post is actually asking for advise. so just trying to help and share experience.

hi i believe the first post is actually asking for advise. so just trying to help and share experience.

wow we went to citydesign at tradehub before, but didnt sign up with them as their quote was high...guess we are lucky!

hi all

all the input here are negative about City Designs.

just wondering if anyone used them, completed the renovation recently??

Really nothing good about them?

You happy with the same ID can already what, what to do if other people not happy because of their personal experience and they post here?

waiting for you to post your t-blog otherwise I'm skeptical where your only 2 posts in this forum is to defend this company... prove me wrong otherwise :D

we met up with an ID from city design over the weekends. Not the one mentioned in this thread. The one we met up was a lady. This is the 2nd time seeing her. The 1st time was just to tell her what we want. She also mention the 1k to see design. Anyway on the 2nd meet up, she did give us a quotation, and briefly run through the design she had in mind for us. She only drew on the floor plan we gave us. No 3D.

We're still comparing with others. And also still thinking if we should have a ID (though ex, but at least with design ideas and coordination) or a contractor.

Anyway our experience with the lady in City Design was good. Felt comfy with her. as compared with other IDs I met. cos somehow, she seems to be able to know what i wan, or probably we have same taste? :rolleyes:

we met up with an ID from city design over the weekends. Not the one mentioned in this thread. The one we met up was a lady. This is the 2nd time seeing her. The 1st time was just to tell her what we want. She also mention the 1k to see design. Anyway on the 2nd meet up, she did give us a quotation, and briefly run through the design she had in mind for us. She only drew on the floor plan we gave us. No 3D.

We're still comparing with others. And also still thinking if we should have a ID (though ex, but at least with design ideas and coordination) or a contractor.

Anyway our experience with the lady in City Design was good. Felt comfy with her. as compared with other IDs I met. cos somehow, she seems to be able to know what i wan, or probably we have same taste? :rolleyes:

Good..

Hi Dyleen,

Just went to meet a City Design ID.... he say will send me a quote but still wonder they are good or not... so thinking of coming here to look for some information and the comments were not really good. so is your reno work done by them? if yes, appreciate if you can share wit us... :yamseng:

Hi Dyleen,

Just went to meet a City Design ID.... he say will send me a quote but still wonder they are good or not... so thinking of coming here to look for some information and the comments were not really good. so is your reno work done by them? if yes, appreciate if you can share wit us... :yamseng:

my house is completed. carpentry and design done by them. tiling i looked for a contractor cos preferred his workmanship.

From what i understand from the ID in city design, each of them have their preferred carpentry worker and electrician workers.

Hence what is okie for me, may differ from yours since using different ID.

In general, I will give them a 8.5/10 for the carpentry and electrical workers. - in terms of workmanship and attitude.

But if you're looking for good pricing, I won't recommend them. They aren't genereous with freebies and are calculative.

Just had my house warming, comments from my friends and relatives are :good: for the design.

Many like the laminates and colour theme and designs.

ask the designer where are the project you finishing now? he may name a few. Then next question, can I see how the house?

haha..that's where u know the workmanship standard!