Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kyarx

Questions On Painting

I recently asked a paint shop about painting services and they just offered me their contractor's contacts. BTW, I've a mansionette with paint jobs offered in the range of $1800-2200. I decided to just DIY.

Frankly, I think it is best to go with the contractor that you are comfortable working with la, instead of looking at individual items' costing. They need to make profit and when they give you an itemised list costs they just add that profit into some of the items (presumably the most expensive ones). If they quote cheaper for the paint works some other items will be more expensive, makes me feel as if it's quite futile to do such comparisons. Just my personal opinion...

Actually we decided to DIY painting last week. Took AL and spent the last 5 days painting non-stop. :paint:

For those who didn't paint before, trust me...it's really really siong. We brought alot of those gimmicky paint brushes but they don't really help. And the ceiling is always a pain in the neck. But strangely, it feels so satisfying after finishing the job. :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Actually we decided to DIY painting last week. Took AL and spent the last 5 days painting non-stop. :paint:

For those who didn't paint before, trust me...it's really really siong. We brought alot of those gimmicky paint brushes but they don't really help. And the ceiling is always a pain in the neck. But strangely, it feels so satisfying after finishing the job. :rolleyes:

Freelance cost under $500. Subcons take $800 per project. Paint cost slightly more than $100 (depends on how many coats n type).

I would have DIY if not becos my contractor kbkp abt good quality. End up still same lah.. tears at edges, paint over laminate cos no protection.

DIY is recommended if wana cut cost as well as have a good workout (arms and neck). But first plan and schedule how to start. Use roller and dilute base and 1st coat. Leave the final coat when all defects/reno done. if not, u'll be adding bit here n there diff tone/coat to cover up the defects rectifications.

They could be charging you more because if your whole house did plastering, they will need to go through a coat of sealer before any colors can go up. Sealer for a 3-room flat is $400... not cheaper leh even if I go direct.

Could be alot of factors why they quoted you so much. But just imagine, 1 can of paint already close to $60. Whole 5room flat maybe need 10 cans or more, already how much liao...

Its true. Sealant is around that price for a 3rm flat.

$1400 for a 5rm flat is not expensive. it is not cheap either. its just about there.

As the paint option they are giving 5 colours choices and any branded paint selection except All-In-one types.

Quotes that are much cheaper might just use Matex Emulsion paint. Considered one of the cheapest and basic paint.

So yes the market rate is about $1400 for 5rm flat.

Nippon offers professional painting services inclusive of paint at $1600 for 5rm flat. maybe can try their service. But then, they are using contractors as well. so in the end its still contractors and not Nippon's inhouse experts.

anyone using these color paint? any pix can see, my wife like them a lot, but not sure how is it look like in actual.

ICI Light and Space

Purple Dream - LS21744

SkyLight - LS21741

ICI Wash and Wear

Boat Race - WW21317L

Fascination - WW21315L

Rose White - WW 25281L

Gloss Finish - Rosewood GL22782