Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alanleesm

Misrepresentation Of Agent

Hi all,

i am new here, and will be collect my key for my resale flat this friday. My agent misrepresented me since day one without my acknowledgement and has created a series of unpleasantness for the past 5 months... I find it pretty hard to convinence myself to pay him the comission... any suggestions?

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Can you elaborate??

Agents are also earning a living and it seemed that your transaction still went thru in the end. I find it hard to convince myself to help you not to pay commission due to 'unpleasantness'.

Edited by zirhk3355

Hi All,

it all started that when we initially negotiated with the seller about the selling price, the seller actually requested for us to delay the submitting of the OTP as the valuation report expires in a weeks time. Upon considering the amount that would potentially increase, through advices, its between 3 - 5k. So i thought 5k to be armourtise in 30 yrs is ok. So we agreeded. Thus, i was originally new valuation price plus agreeded COV and submit within 60 days. However, within 3 days, my agent called and indicate that he managed to convince the seller to submit without doing the valaution & she agreed. That was when nightmare begins...

After that incident, i met the auntie once and she accuse me of cheating her to sell the flat, not fulfilling the promise for late submission. I ask my agent why but he say ignore her. Subsequently, due to early submission, the seller agent request for us to rent the house free for the seller to stay for 2 months. Since i did promise on the 60 days late submission, although the OTP was submitted early, i agreeded as both my & seller agent say its not against the law to stay in the apartment after 2nd appointment as it is a common practice. It was later that i realise that its against the law from HDB. So i have to find alternative and in the end, postpone the 2nd appointment. Progressively, my agent agree that all the incovience cause was a misunderstanding and clarify with the seller.

However, on the final week before the 2nd appointment, i am not able to inspect the house as no one inform the seller she need to vacant the house for inspection. In the end, i have to check the house the night before 2nd appointment, but due to insufficient lighting, i can only inspect on the morning of the 2nd

appointment.

I did spoke to the seller and they claim i am a cheat & did not keep my promise and kept asking me to pay her the valuation money they she lost. According to final clarification, my agent admit that he made a decision to get the seller the submit the OTP without my acknowledgement. That is what trigger numerous unhappiness between myself & the seller. Which was also agreeded by the seller.

Sorry for writing so long as the issue was really complicated and tiring. All this while i am living in fear that the seller will sabotage the house. And things did happen... unfortunately, as i dun have sufficient to check the house, although there are dissatisfaction with the condition of the windows, i still accepted the house as if i dun, i need to delay the 2nd appointment again...

However, on the final week before the 2nd appointment, i am not able to inspect the house as no one inform the seller she need to vacant the house for inspection. In the end, i have to check the house the night before 2nd appointment, but due to insufficient lighting, i can only inspect on the morning of the 2nd

appointment.

Does the seller need to vacate the house before 2nd appt for inspection?

In the end, did everything go well?

I think the agent just want to close the deal.

Any false or misleading expression of fact, usually with the intent to deceive or defraud. It most commonly occurs in insurance and real-estate contracts. False advertising may also constitute misrepresentation. Any contract that contains or constitutes a misrepresentation is usually rendered void, and the injured party may insist that the misrepresentation be made good.

In the end, did u manage to clarify this matter to the seller?

Cos its not really good that they are cursing behind your back when u did nothing wrong. =)