Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pup_ewan

Simmons Mattress

We purchased a parallel import Simmons mattress (Nelson River) together with a storage bed frame from Living Story (operated by Fashion Home) at Genting Road in mid Oct 08, stating delivery to be on 5 Dec 08. During the last week of Nov 08, I called them to confirm delivery on 4 Dec 08 which they said ok. The next day, a staff called my husband (who gave his mobile contact to the company) to say that the bed will be delayed to mid Dec 08. Thereafter, another staff called my hubby again to say that the bed could be delivered on time. My hubby found it fishy so we decided to go down to the place 30 Nov to trash things out. Another person inform us that the forest fire in US has distroyed the warehouse and Simmons is rushing out another batch, which should reach SIN sometime in mid Dec 08. We accepted the reason and instructed them to deliver the bed frame first on 5 Dec 08. However, on 1 Dec 08, another staff called to inform the delay in bed delivery to 24 Dec 08 and was again informed by my hubby to deliver the bed frame first. Then today, 3 Dec 08 a guy staff called to inform that the bed is not ready and need to delay delivery and my hubby ask him to find out from the other staff before talking to him. What kind of service is this?!! They don't seem to communicate at all and we have to instruct them again and again. Now we are at their mercy cos we have paid a deposit and have to wait for the bed. Please avoid this place at all cost if you don't want to be in our shoes!! :curse:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My saga continues..... a bed frame was delivered this morning 4 Dec 08 ... luckily my hubby was there to check on the final cleaning and was told by the contractor that bed frame has been delivered. He checked the bed frame and realised that it was the wrong one. I called the delivery hotline and was advised they would call back but up till after lunch time, no one called... :curse:

saga continuation ...... A staff called back to inform me that the bed frame I wanted was out of stock for a couple of months and if I still want the chosen bedframe, I would have to wait till 18 Dec 08 as they have to custom made.. what is this!!!! :furious: For now, I'll have to accept their bedframe and wait for the new one!! :curse:

saga continuation ...... A staff called back to inform me that the bed frame I wanted was out of stock for a couple of months and if I still want the chosen bedframe, I would have to wait till 18 Dec 08 as they have to custom made.. what is this!!!! :furious: For now, I'll have to accept their bedframe and wait for the new one!! :curse:

Oh dear, bad experience i doubt you won't get your mattress in time.

only place to go is small claim.

cheap thing is not good, good thing is not cheap :dunno:

I hope you remember the right mattress model. Ackerman and Smith delivered a very different model to what I had selected. I did not want a plush layer and they delivered a Milner Plush. I called to say it was wrong and the salesperson insisted that was the model.

The fatal mistake? Letting her just write Beautyrest Classic on receipt when there are many different types of classic out there. With no choice, just have to accept. Now living with back pain every day after just one month of sleeping on the **** quality mattress. Emailed Simmons, they just ignored me.

Also read that their crap warranty is invalid if you dont buy from approved distributor, have you checked their website? Not that it matters since it seems from the net that they hardly ever honour the warranty.

I hope you remember the right mattress model. Ackerman and Smith delivered a very different model to what I had selected. I did not want a plush layer and they delivered a Milner Plush. I called to say it was wrong and the salesperson insisted that was the model.

The fatal mistake? Letting her just write Beautyrest Classic on receipt when there are many different types of classic out there. With no choice, just have to accept. Now living with back pain every day after just one month of sleeping on the **** quality mattress. Emailed Simmons, they just ignored me.

Also read that their crap warranty is invalid if you dont buy from approved distributor, have you checked their website? Not that it matters since it seems from the net that they hardly ever honour the warranty.

Ackerman & Smith is their authorised dealer. I ordered my mattress through them and it was delivered directly by Simmons. Sorry to hear they didn't honour their order for your case.

The company delivered a wrong bedframe :curse: and when I highlighted to them, they said it's out of stock and would need to customise the bedframe therefore.... will deliver 18 Dec 08. My hubby insisted that they put this in writing and they did, which also indicated the mattress delivery on 24 Dec 08..

I hope this will be the end of the saga...

ryan13680 thanks for the reminder... the model is indicated on the invoice but who knows what tricks they have up their sleeves! Will also check their website for the warranty... Thanks!

Oh dear, bad experience i doubt you won't get your mattress in time.

only place to go is small claim.

cheap thing is not good, good thing is not cheap :dunno:

Do not mean to be KPO. Cant help it but to add on my experience. I had bad experience with another com. that keep delaying my good and it just wound up overnite. This fashion home/living story/Life story seems to exhibit all the traits and behaves like the previous com that had closed down. Suggest you guy must get your deposit back fast. God bless.

Just to share with those who bought their mattresses from Living Story / Home Fashion but yet to receive theirs. I am pleased to inform that I've received mine (Nelson River) after I hounded them for answers. I called them at 24 Dec (after several weeks of delay) and they finall sent me one yesterday! Just a sign of relief that my episode with them is finally over. Please note that they have actually ordered from another supplier as the delivery order stats another company.. and bill to Fashion Home! So please chase them for your mattresses!!

I spoke to the Simmons Customer Service Manager and was told that they do not provide warranty to parallel import mattresses.

Just bought mine from the Simmons Gallery, the BackCare 4 King at $3700.

Apparently now till 31 December is the best buy as they want to hit their sales target for their financial year.

which simmons gallery? i am also looking for a backcare 4 for my spare room. Thanks.

:dunno:

I spoke to the Simmons Customer Service Manager and was told that they do not provide warranty to parallel import mattresses.

Just bought mine from the Simmons Gallery, the BackCare 4 King at $3700.

Apparently now till 31 December is the best buy as they want to hit their sales target for their financial year.

Hi Wuga98,

I bought from the gallery at IMM 3rd floor.

You can look for WenJian and tell him Nancy recomended.

If you make the purchase before 28-Dec and have it delivered before 31-Dec, you're entitled to the $10k lucky draw.

Good luck.

Thanks, is this offer till CNY? of just for this year.

Hi Wuga98,

I bought from the gallery at IMM 3rd floor.

You can look for WenJian and tell him Nancy recomended.

If you make the purchase before 28-Dec and have it delivered before 31-Dec, you're entitled to the $10k lucky draw.

Good luck.

You can call WenJian at 65670021 to discuss. Perhaps if you close the deal by putting a deposit and have a later delivery date you could still get the offer. Its really a good deal as the backcare4 retail at around $5700. Savings about $2k.