Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
badminton

Is My Carpentry Quote Expensive ?

Hi, Folks and experts out there

I am new to this forum but would like to seek advice whether my quote is too expensive.

1. Design and construct ABS laminate finishing kitchen cabinet c/w handles and 1 set of drawers - 4ft top and bottom. ($1,040.00). Does that translate to $130 psf ?? ($1040/8ft= $130)

2. Supply and install 4ft postform table top ($200.00). I intend to put a cooker hob on top, which means most of the area top are occupied by the cooker hob. The reminding area covered by postform top and it cost of $200. Is that expensive ?

Regards

Wee Keong

:dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If u're doing jus tis kitchen cabinet alone, its quite common tad price is abit higher than usual lor...

Its something like ratio...

Project sum~10k w/ profit 10% = earn 1k

Project sum~1k w/ profit 10% = earn $100

U think the contractor will jus purely earn $100 whereby he needs to draw perspectives, bring catalogues for u to select laminates, spend time for these, their transport cost for meeting u at least a few times leh etc... $100 can't cover everything de...

Some more the postform top comes in 8/10ft, u using 4ft only, they also need to buy the whole piece lor, the other 6ft is wasted...

$1240 is cheap aldy... maybe jus ask for 1.2k to deal...

i personally feel that the quote is not expensive.

Usually for small amt of items, the sub con will charge by labour

eg: recasing for 2 points they charge you 280.

this included the worker labour and petrol fee to fix for you

like what pierre said ask for 1200 and settle

Hihi.. doing just the cabinets only?

Then like de_Pierre and Art Ching say ba... it's like that.

the less you do the more it will be per item. cos they need to earn ba.

If do whole house, the kitchen cabinets will be much cheaper cos they cover the cost from other areas..

hi..

mayb i share my carpenter to u... pm me if you are interested.. he mayb cheaper.. :notti:

Trees,

Please give me his contacts too....Thank you!

Trees,

Please give me his contacts too....Thank you!

Sometime cheaper doesn't mean good workmanship and good quality of materials used...the best to compare is the price and the same material used by different quotation. As workmanship mostly is to go and see the passed works done before, everyone can said their carpenters' workmanship is good. No offend to anyone, just giving my own view of option only cos my HBD done by this contractor's so call cheap and good workmanship really lousy, the cornie drop down suddenly after 5yrs.

The price is quite reasonable for doing the small kitchen only. Btw, now standard must do ABS trimming.

Sometime cheaper doesn't mean good workmanship and good quality of materials used...the best to compare is the price and the same material used by different quotation. As workmanship mostly is to go and see the passed works done before, everyone can said their carpenters' workmanship is good. No offend to anyone, just giving my own view of option only cos my HBD done by this contractor's so call cheap and good workmanship really lousy, the cornie drop down suddenly after 5yrs.

The price is quite reasonable for doing the small kitchen only. Btw, now standard must do ABS trimming.

"2. Supply and install 4ft postform table top ($200.00). I intend to put a cooker hob on top, which means most of the area top are occupied by the cooker hob"

sorry hijack thread. jaskel, do i have to include this no. 2 clause in so e contractor know i'm putting a hob & hood there? do i give him e measurement after i find e hob 1st r afterwards? thanks. :D

I am new to this forum but would like to seek advice whether my quote is too expensive.

1. Design and construct ABS laminate finishing kitchen cabinet c/w handles and 1 set of drawers - 4ft top and bottom. ($1,040.00). Does that translate to $130 psf ?? ($1040/8ft= $130)

2. Supply and install 4ft postform table top ($200.00). I intend to put a cooker hob on top, which means most of the area top are occupied by the cooker hob. The reminding area covered by postform top and it cost of $200. Is that expensive ?

Regards

Wee Keong

Yup if doing only kitchen cabinet, its only reasonable that the contractor charge slightly higher.

Looks reasonable.

If u are interested, I can recommend mine to you.

View the progress of my renovation here , www.kohnlee.blogspot.com

1238sqm, re-sale condo, renovation total cost is near to $18000

Yup if doing only kitchen cabinet, its only reasonable that the contractor charge slightly higher.

Looks reasonable.

If u are interested, I can recommend mine to you.

View the progress of my renovation here , www.kohnlee.blogspot.com

1238sqm, re-sale condo, renovation total cost is near to $18000

I can't see the full scope, but $18K seems cheap

Hi, I just bought a resale and will be doing minor renovations too. I am searching the carpenter minor wood works. Do you mine to share the carpenter contacts to me.

P/s your info is useful to me. thanks for posting and sharing in the forum.

Hi, I just bought a resale and will be doing minor renovations too. I am searching the carpenter minor wood works. Do you mine to share the carpenter contacts to me.

P/s your info is useful to me. thanks for posting and sharing in the forum.

maybe you want to try contact Mr kok 97680883 for a quote :P

Regards

Wee Keong

Its a reasonable price if just doing kitchen cabinet only. I have a contractor that quote $80 per ft if total renovation cost above $10k. Normal price is $120 per ft with internal pvc carcass, abs trimming, anti slam hinge.