Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
deadsoul

Painting Over Laminated Wood.

I have a TV console (given by previous owner) that is made of laminated wood. the surface is rough and has grainy lines.

as i do not like the color, can i buy paint and paint over it?

I intend to change the color to gloss white, but i am concern abt the result?

has any1 tried b4?

please reccomend the type of paint, or what i should look out for b4 commiting myself to DIY and change the color of the TV console.

TKS...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have a TV console (given by previous owner) that is made of laminated wood. the surface is rough and has grainy lines.

as i do not like the color, can i buy paint and paint over it?

I intend to change the color to gloss white, but i am concern abt the result?

has any1 tried b4?

please reccomend the type of paint, or what i should look out for b4 commiting myself to DIY and change the color of the TV console.

TKS...

Hi I have done the same for a cabinet in my living room. It was a pine wood colour and I tried to change it by coloring it with a strong orange matt colour. In the beginning I tried to paint the new colour from inside just to make sure it looks good. You can do the same by painting it from the back so that it is not so obvious if you want to repaint a different colour. Also, DIY shop can give you advice the type of paint to use. It is not so expensive, around $10 for a can and it can be used for a long time. Hope it works for you. Good luck.

Hi I have done the same for a cabinet in my living room. It was a pine wood colour and I tried to change it by coloring it with a strong orange matt colour. In the beginning I tried to paint the new colour from inside just to make sure it looks good. You can do the same by painting it from the back so that it is not so obvious if you want to repaint a different colour. Also, DIY shop can give you advice the type of paint to use. It is not so expensive, around $10 for a can and it can be used for a long time. Hope it works for you. Good luck.

Tks alot! but may i know wat type of paint u used?

and i believed that you were satisfied with your end result?