Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

Renovation Permit

Need advise ~~

I was wondering if it's possible to apply the reno permit myself.

The reno companies whom I've approached charge between $300 - $900 :jawdrop:

But when I checked at the HDB site , there is no indication of any cost for application of reno permit.

Is it possible if I just tell the contractor or ID firm to fill in the details of the reno works and I simply submit to HDB myself and wait for approval ?

Anyone done this before ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi As these application must be submitted using the HDB Apex system (sounds like these). Someehow only those contractors applied and approved by HDB (HDB approved Contractors) have access to the system. All HDB replies and approval are send from this system and somehow these documents and details are archived in it...

I believe you may have no choice but to seek a contractor's help... sob sob.....

Haiyah...

No wonder !! Coz I went to so many contractors and ID firms and the quotes are all different !

$200 - $300 not so bad, but $900 !! :jawdrop:

These renovators havn't been reading or watching the news ar ? Got Economic recession still wanna charge so high ! :bangwall:

I have never heard of contractors charging for applying renovation permit with HDB; usually this is factored into the price of their renovation works.

That's what I thought too , $100-$200 is fine. But some charge up to $900... :jawdrop:

It really doesn't make any sense !!

Need advise ~~

I was wondering if it's possible to apply the reno permit myself.

The reno companies whom I've approached charge between $300 - $900 :jawdrop:

But when I checked at the HDB site , there is no indication of any cost for application of reno permit.

Is it possible if I just tell the contractor or ID firm to fill in the details of the reno works and I simply submit to HDB myself and wait for approval ?

Anyone done this before ?

Hi Clockwork,

We cannot apply any HDB renovation permit, at HDB counters or through internet, the APEX System.

Only Licenced Renovation Contractors can do so and it is Free-of-Charge, yes there isn't a fee from HDB. However, all Licenced Contractors have to pay an annual HDB Licence Fee of a few hundred dollars, think is less than $500/year.

Hi Clockwork,

We cannot apply any HDB renovation permit, at HDB counters or through internet, the APEX System.

Only Licenced Renovation Contractors can do so and it is Free-of-Charge, yes there isn't a fee from HDB. However, all Licenced Contractors have to pay an annual HDB Licence Fee of a few hundred dollars, think is less than $500/year.

Ohhh..Now I know. Thks for the info PapaYeo. :)

But to charge till $900 is seriously alot. :jawdrop:

$200 - $300 I still don't mind.

Frankly speaking, I think you should still mind if your ID or contractor wish to charge you $200 for applying the reno permit.

Applying the permit from HDB is FOC, how can the ID/contractor charge house owner for a fee? Not reasonable, isn't it? Even if there is an annual licence fee of $500 to remain so-called "licenced". This amount grants the contractor to be authorised to carry out reno work in HDB flats. It is a T&C set by HDB. Why should house owners like us force to aborb their licence fee? This cost should not be passed down to customer.

I am sure your ID/contractor would definitely make profit from doing your reno work, even with a $0 permit fee.

My renovation has started since b4 CNY and yet completed.

I also realized that there is no permit applied after the initial one expired in jul 08.

Any advice?

I also realized that there is no permit applied after the initial one expired in jul 08.

Any advice?

Permit for hacking of wall, replacement of floor & wall tiles, reposition of door frames, etc...., all same permit.

Any advice?

Permit for hacking of wall, replacement of floor & wall tiles, reposition of door frames, etc...., all same permit.

Hi,

I have also been quoted $400+ for a permit to hack down a wall. Is this the same renovation permit being mentioned?

Hihi

think i am really confused. From my understanding, when hacking walls, there is a need to apply for a permit. My understanding from many of my frds is that there is a need to engage an engineer to do survey. therefore jus the permit and survey will cost a couple of hundreds. Can I confirm on this?

My new place I will be hacking some walls. really need to know in order not to be cut throat...

Thanks

jem

actually better just call up hdb and ask since they r the one that set the rule. What i read from renotalk is, any hacking is done need to apply permit. But the permit is FOC. Unless need to engage a external engineer for PE(no sure what is PE) then there will be cost. But not all hacking require PE.

Hihi

think i am really confused. From my understanding, when hacking walls, there is a need to apply for a permit. My understanding from many of my frds is that there is a need to engage an engineer to do survey. therefore jus the permit and survey will cost a couple of hundreds. Can I confirm on this?

My new place I will be hacking some walls. really need to know in order not to be cut throat...

Thanks

jem

When hacking walls have to apply permit. But hdb sometimes will reject and ask you to get an engineer. Thats when the few hundreds come in.

Also although applying for hdb permit if free. But i know some ID firms don't have they're own. So they have to pay a fee to the company that has one. Like rental lor. but 900 it is too much!

are we able to see the status of the reno permit which our contractor/ID has submitted on our behalf? logged into the hdb website, but there was no indication of any reno permit pending/approved; and we were told it has been submitted.

anyone able to advise?