Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

the wrought iron coz we are corridor unit, need better security. my friend's house got broken into, alum grille, so better play safe.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm also 1st time renovating. :P

Wanted to ask for opinion b4 i signed the contract but the forum was down.

Can help c if i was over-quoted too? thks in advance.

Warranty = 3yrs, 4A type HDB

PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: (foc)

Design consultation, Furniture Layout Plan & Material Proposal ( foc )

3D Perspective drawing, project consultation & management ( foc )

On site Supervision by quality personnel ( foc )

DEMOLITION WORKS: ($880) .

Hacking of existing floor tiles & wall tiles for kitchen

Hacking of existing floor tiles & wall tiles for toilets

Hacking of existing concrete bases, sink, stove at kitchen

Hacking of existing toilet bowls & basins

Hacking of existing doors & frames for toilets (include Masterbedroom door frame foc)

To dismantle & dispose existing kitchen cabinet

To dismantle & dispose existing cornices **** & dining halls

MASONRY WORKS: ($6700).

Supply & construct ceramic/ homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen ( <$3 psf ) ($780)

Waterproofing to be carried out for kitchen ($200)

Supply & lay full height wall tiles for kitchen (<$3 psf) exclude cabinet area ($1,880)

Supply & construct 50mm height kitchen cabinet base with skirting finish ($200)

Supply & construct non-slip floor tiles for both toilets ($580)

Waterproofing to be carried out for both toilets ($180)

Supply & construct 2 tone full height wall tiles for both toilets ( <$3 psf ) ($1,880)

Supply & install stainless steel rubbish chute (new flush design) ($180)

Supply & construct concrete top for both toilet entrance top ($280)

Master Toilet: Supply & construct 1 concrete slab for shampoo etc ($80)

Common Toilet: Supply & construct 1 concrete slab for shampoo etc ($80)

Masterbedroom : To shift, hack & reposition entrance with new door frame

(include replace floor tiles) ($380)

PLUMBING WORKS: ($1030) .

Supply & Replace whole house piping to stainless steel

Supply & Replace new stainless steel piping for washing machine

Supply & Replace conceal drain pipe for washing machine

Supply & Replace new stainless steel piping for sink

Supply & Replace conceal drain pipe for sink

Supply & Replace new stainless steel piping for all basins

Supply & Replace conceal drain pipe for all basins

Supply labour to install new sink and sink tap-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------($650)

Supply labour to install all basins and taps

Supply labour to install all toilets bowls

Supply labour to install instant electric water heater

Supply labour to install all toilet accessories---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------($380)

CEILING WORKS: ($860) .

Supply & construct false ceiling **** hall

Supply & construct false ceiling at dining hall

Supply & construct false ceiling at passage way to bedrooms-------------------------------------------------------------------------($780)

Supply & seal up door top ventilation as proposed (store, living, masterbedroom)-------------------------------------------------($80)

DOORS, GLASS AND WINDOWS: ($4710) .

Supply & install 4 nos. veneer doors c/w lock sets for store & 3 bedrooms ($1,120)

Supply & install alum. Grilles for kitchen & 2 bedrooms ($580)

Supply & install wrought iron grilles for living, dining & corridor bedroom ($1,080)

Supply & install wrought iron main gate c/w lock set & painting ($460)

Supply & install solid main door c/w lock set & vanishing (fire-rated) ($880)

Both toilets: Supply & install 2 sets of alum/ acrylic bi-fold door (top hung) ($590) *

might change to pd door-$299 each

CARPENTRY WORKS: ($10,711) .

Kitchen: Supply & install solid laminated kitchen cabinet (top & bottom = 30fts)

Including stainless steel dishrack, 2 glass panels c/w laminated frame, ABS trims,

designer handles & cutlery tray ($2,940)

Supply & install anti-slam hinges (blum?) for all doors & 4 blum tracks for drawers ($480)

Kitchen: Supply labour to install cooker hood & hob & oven ($50)

Kitchen: Supply & install solid surface top c/w backsplash for kitchen cabinet – LG but limited color ($1, 176)*3648mm

Masterbedroom: Supply & install full height laminated wardrobe c/w sliding doors 10fts width ($2,050)

Store: Supply & install full height laminated feature wall to conceal store room ($660)

Living Hall: Supply & install low settee below window 7fts ($690)

Living Hall: Supply & install full height laminated display cabinet c/w glass door 13fts ($2,665)

ELECTRICAL: ($1,755) .

7 single power points = $315 ($45each) *

7 double power points = $385 ($55 each) *

10 lighting points = $300 ($30 each) *

Install 10 lights = $80 *

1 aircon point = $95 *

1 heater point = $95 *

1 SCV point = $95

2 Tel points = $110 * can reduce to 1?

1 distribution board = $280

(Include removing all existing wires)

GENERAL ($2340) .

Painting of whole house walls & ceilings with ICI pentalite or Nippon 5000 (5 colors + 1 white for ceiling)

Painting of all pipings, bedroom doors & frames, gate & main door ($1,080)

Supply & lay corrugated board to protect all flooring (include disposal) (foc)

Debris removal services to be carried out ($580)

Haulage of sand to be carried out ($680)

Whole house acid washing & cleaning (foc)

$1k discount

wow your qoutation abit the general leh...any idea whats is the cost range for your laminate that your can choose up to?

all the materials like the tiles, laminates, solid top surface, where are they from? china, india, europe brands?

cos different country different prices, if not state in the quote then when u sign the contract, they can anyhow let u choose the materials, either way they can chop u like a carrot leh.

haulage & removal of Debris total is $1260 to me i think is abit exp. for me i got bargain it to 1K.

your masonary work...u got to look at the pricing carefully..kitchen is bigger then total of 2 xtoilet but why the cost is so close to each other?

i mean to redo 2x toilet cost over 3K? unless u request diamonds to encrust onto it hahaha..

but buddy u got to really scrutinze the quote thoroughly...btw 4room flat reno. budget should be ard 20k to 25k excluding furnitures, household appliances & lightings. but of cos if u can squeeze all within the 25k range...U r the winner liao.

do remember current economic is still heading down south man...got to watch what u spend now.

hope my advice helps. :)

wow your qoutation abit the general leh...any idea whats is the cost range for your laminate that your can choose up to?

all the materials like the tiles, laminates, solid top surface, where are they from? china, india, europe brands?

cos different country different prices, if not state in the quote then when u sign the contract, they can anyhow let u choose the materials, either way they can chop u like a carrot leh.

haulage & removal of Debris total is $1260 to me i think is abit exp. for me i got bargain it to 1K.

your masonary work...u got to look at the pricing carefully..kitchen is bigger then total of 2 xtoilet but why the cost is so close to each other?

i mean to redo 2x toilet cost over 3K? unless u request diamonds to encrust onto it hahaha..

but buddy u got to really scrutinze the quote thoroughly...btw 4room flat reno. budget should be ard 20k to 25k excluding furnitures, household appliances & lightings. but of cos if u can squeeze all within the 25k range...U r the winner liao.

do remember current economic is still heading down south man...got to watch what u spend now.

hope my advice helps. :)

wow shogen great advice. i need to apply it nw to my own quote!! :) i got them back and man its a lot of info to go thru.. headache now. :bangwall:

I looked for so many ID, all quoted me $30 something K, so ended up with this...haiz...many ID didn't even reply after i asked for quote...They don't seem to want my business at all...haha...maybe they don't feel the recession at all.

Didn't really bargain coz I hope this guy will do a good job for me. Scare i bargain too much, he'll cut corners here and there.

But a bit disappointed coz like solid top, only can choose from LG (4 or 5 color, all white or cream), so in the end, no choice but change another brand.

Then laminate, was told not able to choose from certain range, like the leather type, only can use for small area, then cannot choose metalic laminate.

I can choose from Lamitak or lamchuan or any others, but he is using lamitak, so i've to go get sample if i want other brands...is this the difference between ID and contractor kind of ID?

have u signed with them? if not i can pass u some contacts of mine. tho my budget is smaller than yours they still entertain me so perhaps u might have better luck with them? :)

I looked for so many ID, all quoted me $30 something K, so ended up with this...haiz...many ID didn't even reply after i asked for quote...They don't seem to want my business at all...haha...maybe they don't feel the recession at all.

Didn't really bargain coz I hope this guy will do a good job for me. Scare i bargain too much, he'll cut corners here and there.

But a bit disappointed coz like solid top, only can choose from LG (4 or 5 color, all white or cream), so in the end, no choice but change another brand.

Then laminate, was told not able to choose from certain range, like the leather type, only can use for small area, then cannot choose metalic laminate.

I can choose from Lamitak or lamchuan or any others, but he is using lamitak, so i've to go get sample if i want other brands...is this the difference between ID and contractor kind of ID?

HI st002, is ya flat a 5rm? cos if it is so then ard 30k is more or less there ler. but if u r a 4rm type, think its best to set it at 20k...tell all the ID firm tat u r looking at tat ya budget is 18k so when they send u the quotes then it will be ard 22k to 27k (IDs always go beyond ya budget wan!!!) by doing tat when comes to bargaining..more or less u can bring it down to near 21k to 24k.

more or less within ya budget.

what u think? :D

As for the laminates, see what mention jus yesterday on the previous post...if they dun state the price range or material from where....they anyhow chop u like nobody business wan...the only diff between the IDs N contractors IDs is that contractors Ids reno ya unit wif no design theme.

from the way i look...this ID is limiting u from choosing the materials from tons of brands to only 1 type...erm i think its not fair lor...U are the one thats going to stay in the unit for the next 5 or 10 yrs leh...wanna regret for that long?

better go scout for other ID firm bah...dun bother abt the number of times u have went to search for Ids, most impt is find the one u feel comfortable..for me i search for like 7 to 8 mths b4 i settle for this current ID firm.

Edited by Shogen79

I'm also 1st time renovating. :P

Wanted to ask for opinion b4 i signed the contract but the forum was down.

Can help c if i was over-quoted too? thks in advance.

Warranty = 3yrs, 4A type HDB

PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: (foc)

Design consultation, Furniture Layout Plan & Material Proposal ( foc )

3D Perspective drawing, project consultation & management ( foc )

On site Supervision by quality personnel ( foc )

DEMOLITION WORKS: ($880) .

Hacking of existing floor tiles & wall tiles for kitchen

Hacking of existing floor tiles & wall tiles for toilets

Hacking of existing concrete bases, sink, stove at kitchen

Hacking of existing toilet bowls & basins

Hacking of existing doors & frames for toilets (include Masterbedroom door frame foc)

To dismantle & dispose existing kitchen cabinet

To dismantle & dispose existing cornices **** & dining halls

MASONRY WORKS: ($6700).

Supply & construct ceramic/ homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen ( <$3 psf ) ($780)

Waterproofing to be carried out for kitchen ($200)

Supply & lay full height wall tiles for kitchen (<$3 psf) exclude cabinet area ($1,880)

Supply & construct 50mm height kitchen cabinet base with skirting finish ($200)

Supply & construct non-slip floor tiles for both toilets ($580)

Waterproofing to be carried out for both toilets ($180)

Supply & construct 2 tone full height wall tiles for both toilets ( <$3 psf ) ($1,880)

Supply & install stainless steel rubbish chute (new flush design) ($180)

Supply & construct concrete top for both toilet entrance top ($280)

Master Toilet: Supply & construct 1 concrete slab for shampoo etc ($80)

Common Toilet: Supply & construct 1 concrete slab for shampoo etc ($80)

Masterbedroom : To shift, hack & reposition entrance with new door frame

(include replace floor tiles) ($380)

PLUMBING WORKS: ($1030) .

Supply & Replace whole house piping to stainless steel

Supply & Replace new stainless steel piping for washing machine

Supply & Replace conceal drain pipe for washing machine

Supply & Replace new stainless steel piping for sink

Supply & Replace conceal drain pipe for sink

Supply & Replace new stainless steel piping for all basins

Supply & Replace conceal drain pipe for all basins

Supply labour to install new sink and sink tap-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------($650)

Supply labour to install all basins and taps

Supply labour to install all toilets bowls

Supply labour to install instant electric water heater

Supply labour to install all toilet accessories---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------($380)

CEILING WORKS: ($860) .

Supply & construct false ceiling **** hall

Supply & construct false ceiling at dining hall

Supply & construct false ceiling at passage way to bedrooms-------------------------------------------------------------------------($780)

Supply & seal up door top ventilation as proposed (store, living, masterbedroom)-------------------------------------------------($80)

DOORS, GLASS AND WINDOWS: ($4710) .

Supply & install 4 nos. veneer doors c/w lock sets for store & 3 bedrooms ($1,120)

Supply & install alum. Grilles for kitchen & 2 bedrooms ($580)

Supply & install wrought iron grilles for living, dining & corridor bedroom ($1,080)

Supply & install wrought iron main gate c/w lock set & painting ($460)

Supply & install solid main door c/w lock set & vanishing (fire-rated) ($880)

Both toilets: Supply & install 2 sets of alum/ acrylic bi-fold door (top hung) ($590) *

might change to pd door-$299 each

CARPENTRY WORKS: ($10,711) .

Kitchen: Supply & install solid laminated kitchen cabinet (top & bottom = 30fts)

Including stainless steel dishrack, 2 glass panels c/w laminated frame, ABS trims,

designer handles & cutlery tray ($2,940)

Supply & install anti-slam hinges (blum?) for all doors & 4 blum tracks for drawers ($480)

Kitchen: Supply labour to install cooker hood & hob & oven ($50)

Kitchen: Supply & install solid surface top c/w backsplash for kitchen cabinet – LG but limited color ($1, 176)*3648mm

Masterbedroom: Supply & install full height laminated wardrobe c/w sliding doors 10fts width ($2,050)

Store: Supply & install full height laminated feature wall to conceal store room ($660)

Living Hall: Supply & install low settee below window 7fts ($690)

Living Hall: Supply & install full height laminated display cabinet c/w glass door 13fts ($2,665)

ELECTRICAL: ($1,755) .

7 single power points = $315 ($45each) *

7 double power points = $385 ($55 each) *

10 lighting points = $300 ($30 each) *

Install 10 lights = $80 *

1 aircon point = $95 *

1 heater point = $95 *

1 SCV point = $95

2 Tel points = $110 * can reduce to 1?

1 distribution board = $280

(Include removing all existing wires)

GENERAL ($2340) .

Painting of whole house walls & ceilings with ICI pentalite or Nippon 5000 (5 colors + 1 white for ceiling)

Painting of all pipings, bedroom doors & frames, gate & main door ($1,080)

Supply & lay corrugated board to protect all flooring (include disposal) (foc)

Debris removal services to be carried out ($580)

Haulage of sand to be carried out ($680)

Whole house acid washing & cleaning (foc)

$1k discount

Hi st002, may be you can save a bit on the followings: -

Plumbing - $800;

Installation of kitchen hood and hob - FOC (my ID give me FOC);

SCV point - only $30 each;

Bi-fold doors - to change to those PVC type cost only $150 each;

Debris removal - FOC (my ID give me FOC).

Then at final, ask them to give you a final discount in overall. I think you should be able to get 18k in total.

have u signed with them? if not i can pass u some contacts of mine. tho my budget is smaller than yours they still entertain me so perhaps u might have better luck with them? :)

U guys are so nice and helpful! :thumbs up:

I've signed up, and today they started hacking already.

Never mind lah, just hope he'll delivered a good job as what he promised.

Reason why the rush was becoz we were too busy with work and wedding preparation, till last month.

Then my HB is the easy going type, so he can't really be bother with searching for a good ID (or maybe he trusted me too much?)..and his rental contract will end this june, so got to finish the reno by then.

Felt quite helpless earlier when the forum was down :~

Cannot ask for comments then, just sign up loh.

Hi all. Please help to advise if my quotation from an ID is reasonable.

HDB Type: 3A Resale

Includes : Demolition works to hack off existing living and dining floor tiles, kitchen wall and floor tiles, existing sink and stove support, existing kitchen cabinet.

Ceiling Works include lightbox for living room, cornice for 2 bedrooms and false ceiling at bedroom entrances.

Mansonry Works

- 60cm x 60 cm polish homogenous flooring for living room

- parquet flooring for 2 bedrooms

- cabinet base, washing machine base and fridge base

- shower kerb with tiles finish

- 30 cm x 30cm matt homogenous floor tiles for kitchen and both bathrooms

- 30 cm x 20 cm wall tiles for kitchen and both bathrooms

- stainless steel rubbish chute

-waterproofing membrane

Plumbing works:

- stainless steel piping

Painting

- ICI

Supply and install aluminum powder coated sliding window grilles for whole house

Supply and install aluminum sliding windows for whole house.

Supply 2 aluminum toilet bi-fold door

Plastering of walls

9FT featured wall **** room with suspended TV console with compartments

20 ft kitchen cabinet with solid plywood door finish (top up another 3 ft)

Provide and install cooker hood and hob, air con, wc, basin, mixer, 2 instant heaters, 2 toilet closets, sink and

taps.

Supply and install 3 wooden door frames, 3 doors, 1 main door (fire-rated) and wrought iron gate.

Supply sliding glass door to separate kitchen and living room area

Tempered glass shower screen for one bathroom

Granite top 12FT

Free Aircon System 3

9 FT casement wardrobe at master

7 FT casement wardrobe at bedroom

Rewiring (20 lighting points, installation, 2 Telephone pt, 2 scv point, 1 aircon point, 1 hob point, 1 heater point, 1

DB)

Total cost : $37000

Can advise if this is too high?

Hi all, my reno is almost complete (in less than 2 weeks). My total quote is only 10k for a 5 room, a very reasonable price.

1. Hack and remove kitchen cabinet;

2. Construct kitchen cabinet top and bottom total 23 ft come with dish rack and free one s/s backing for the hood;

3. Construct extra kitchen cabinet base appr 3 ft in addition to the existing one;

4. Construct 11 ft solid top for kitchen;

5. Change all living room, kitchen and master bedroom casing for the power point and light switch (total = 20) and insert additional 4 single power point and 2 scv point;

6. Partition board for the master bed room (approx 12ft x 3.5ft high and 10ft x full height) to cover all the air con trunking;

7. Hack and remove all existing toilet sanitary;

8. Overlay 2 toilet floor tiles;

9. Construct 50mm kerb for both toilets;

10. 10mm tempered glass shower screen for both toilets;

11. Built 2ft vanity cabinet for common bathroom;

12. Built 4.5ft solid top for master bathroom;

13. Install all toilet sanitary and accessories (i.e heater, WC, basin, mirror, shelvings etc);

14. Build 3ft full height shoe cabinet with storage;

15. Painting of whole house including piping and doors (5 + 1 color);

16. General and acid wash for the whole house;

17. Clearing of debris and installation of curtain grill and kitchen accessories; and

18. Change all door locks.

As for during the reno, I don have to worry about all stuff as my ID will go to the site everyday and update me the info, and will settle most of the things for me. I only go to my house at night. What I would say is that he is really very helpfull.

Edited by FLY

HI st002, is ya flat a 5rm? cos if it is so then ard 30k is more or less there ler. but if u r a 4rm type, think its best to set it at 20k...tell all the ID firm tat u r looking at tat ya budget is 18k so when they send u the quotes then it will be ard 22k to 27k (IDs always go beyond ya budget wan!!!) by doing tat when comes to bargaining..more or less u can bring it down to near 21k to 24k.

more or less within ya budget.

what u think? :D

As for the laminates, see what mention jus yesterday on the previous post...if they dun state the price range or material from where....they anyhow chop u like nobody business wan...the only diff between the IDs N contractors IDs is that contractors Ids reno ya unit wif no design theme.

from the way i look...this ID is limiting u from choosing the materials from tons of brands to only 1 type...erm i think its not fair lor...U are the one thats going to stay in the unit for the next 5 or 10 yrs leh...wanna regret for that long?

better go scout for other ID firm bah...dun bother abt the number of times u have went to search for Ids, most impt is find the one u feel comfortable..for me i search for like 7 to 8 mths b4 i settle for this current ID firm.

Thanks a lot. =)

Mine is a 4 rm...Reason why i didn't just give the plan and budget to ID is coz i roughly have an idea what we want for our house. (Most ID that i talked to didn't even cares what ur daily routine is, they just design based on general demand, or what they like...very disappointing.) And i notice, they usually will leave out electrical cost.

I think okay lah, just stick to LamiTak bah, anyway, i'm going to use high-gloss white laminate, i checked with another forumer, she's using and no problem so far.

haha...my hb saw me so stressed with all these decision making, he promised if things didn't work out well, we can redo the reno in maybe 5-10yrs. =p

Hi all. Please help to advise if my quotation from an ID is reasonable.

HDB Type: 3A Resale

Includes : Demolition works to hack off existing living and dining floor tiles, kitchen wall and floor tiles, existing sink and stove support, existing kitchen cabinet.

Ceiling Works include lightbox for living room, cornice for 2 bedrooms and false ceiling at bedroom entrances.

Mansonry Works

- 60cm x 60 cm polish homogenous flooring for living room

- parquet flooring for 2 bedrooms

- cabinet base, washing machine base and fridge base

- shower kerb with tiles finish

- 30 cm x 30cm matt homogenous floor tiles for kitchen and both bathrooms

- 30 cm x 20 cm wall tiles for kitchen and both bathrooms

- stainless steel rubbish chute

-waterproofing membrane

Plumbing works:

- stainless steel piping

Painting

- ICI

Supply and install aluminum powder coated sliding window grilles for whole house

Supply and install aluminum sliding windows for whole house.

Supply 2 aluminum toilet bi-fold door

Plastering of walls

9FT featured wall **** room with suspended TV console with compartments

20 ft kitchen cabinet with solid plywood door finish (top up another 3 ft)

Provide and install cooker hood and hob, air con, wc, basin, mixer, 2 instant heaters, 2 toilet closets, sink and

taps.

Supply and install 3 wooden door frames, 3 doors, 1 main door (fire-rated) and wrought iron gate.

Supply sliding glass door to separate kitchen and living room area

Tempered glass shower screen for one bathroom

Granite top 12FT

Free Aircon System 3

9 FT casement wardrobe at master

7 FT casement wardrobe at bedroom

Rewiring (20 lighting points, installation, 2 Telephone pt, 2 scv point, 1 aircon point, 1 hob point, 1 heater point, 1

DB)

Total cost : $37000

Can advise if this is too high?

Wow, that is very expensive for a 3A resale flat. I guess you kena chop already. May I know the quotation is from which ID firm? and have you try out other ID firm? I can give you my ID contact (very reasonable price if you see my reply prior to this). I would advise you to buy your own kitchen hood and hobs, basin, wc, air conditioner etc.

lucky you. =)

Is the workmanship good?

PM me the contact? Coz my friend wants to redo her cabinets and toilets. thks.

lucky you. =)

Is the workmanship good?

PM me the contact? Coz my friend wants to redo her cabinets and toilets. thks.

PM you liao. The workmanship is pretty good.