Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
twirl00

Anyone Can Advise On "an" Guanyin?

hihi, i intend to "an" a Guanyin in my home...the following are my queries:

1) Choose a Guanyin statue. Some friends tell me choose "shun yan" at 1st sight, but the problem is there are reali so many in a shop (I only go to the shop beside shi ma lu guanyin temple before), and I am reali quite confused wat is impt to hav a nice and complete statue. Especially the eyes. Should I choose those with eyes looking down or looking far??? Which is good? :unsure:

2) The Date to "An". After buying the statue,we bring home and place on the altar table with wrapping on the statue. Then after that, we choose another good date for KAI KUANG? Please also advise the KAI KUANG procedures? Bring to temple or ??

3) I intend to customise my altar table, so is it a MUST to get rosewood? or can just same wood like our wardrobe? C from some other forum that there should not be any drawers under the statue cos cnt too many movements? Is it true?

Anyone who has experience in these, please advise.. thks so much!! :help:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

1) Choose a Guanyin statue. Some friends tell me choose "shun yan" at 1st sight, but the problem is there are reali so many in a shop (I only go to the shop beside shi ma lu guanyin temple before), and I am reali quite confused wat is impt to hav a nice and complete statue. Especially the eyes. Should I choose those with eyes looking down or looking far??? Which is good?

Ans} Choose one that you like.

2) The Date to "An". After buying the statue,we bring home and place on the altar table with wrapping on the statue. Then after that, we choose another good date for KAI KUANG? Please also advise the KAI KUANG procedures? Bring to temple or ??

Ans } You must kuang kai first before placing it on the altarYou have to find someone credible to do the kuang kai, then choose a auspicious date to place it at the altar.

3) I intend to customise my altar table, so is it a MUST to get rosewood? or can just same wood like our wardrobe? C from some other forum that there should not be any drawers under the statue cos cnt too many movements? Is it true?

Ans } Any wood will do, make sure you use a fengshui ruler to do the measurement, the dimension must fall between the red line, ask the shop for more details when you buyDrawer can be installed on the left & right, do you have a diagram of your altar ?

Edited by badger

hihi, i intend to "an" a Guanyin in my home...the following are my queries:

1) Choose a Guanyin statue. Some friends tell me choose "shun yan" at 1st sight, but the problem is there are reali so many in a shop (I only go to the shop beside shi ma lu guanyin temple before), and I am reali quite confused wat is impt to hav a nice and complete statue. Especially the eyes. Should I choose those with eyes looking down or looking far??? Which is good? :unsure:

Anyone who has experience in these, please advise.. thks so much!! :help:

Hi there,

1) Try to get a "Guan Yin" in a sitting position.

2) You can ask a temple to help you to chant

You can try 海印学佛会 no.5 Lorong 29 Geylang Sagaramudra Buddhist Institute

3) As long the "Guan Yin" is taller than you when placed on the table. That is you have to look up when you offer your prayer.

Regards.

Thks for the advices, Badger & Yunshi...

Wana ask u, KAI KUANG = KAI YAN? So can I buy the statue, bring to temple KAI YAN (tink they will wrap in red paper for statue), then put on my altar table..wait till auspicious day to open the red paper to KAI KUAN?

Eyes of Guanyin look far or down got any meaning? Cos i noticed some look far, some look down...

I have not yet meet up with my carpenter, tis thurs. U guys gt any altar table design to share? I duno if glossy or matt laminates is suitable for altar table.. my carpenter said he will bring laminates for me choose..by the way, as I only put Guanyin in my home, so wat is the standard height of Guanyin statue?

Yunshi, wana ask u regarding the point 3 "As long the "Guan Yin" is taller than you when placed on the table", means onli Guan Yin head must taller than me, or the entire Guan Yin seat must taller than me? My hubby is much taller, so muz match him? then i will hav difficulty to pray... :P

Hi,

Wana ask u, KAI KUANG = KAI YAN? So can I buy the statue, bring to temple KAI YAN (tink they will wrap in red paper for statue), then put on my altar table..wait till auspicious day to open the red paper to KAI KUAN?

Ans } Kai Kuang include everything not just the eye.

After Kai Kuang, bring Guan Yin back to your house on the auspicious day and put it on your altar

Eyes of Guanyin look far or down got any meaning? Cos i noticed some look far, some look down...

Ans } Does not matter, choose the one you like

I have not yet meet up with my carpenter, tis thurs. U guys gt any altar table design to share? I duno if glossy or matt laminates is suitable for altar table.. my carpenter said he will bring laminates for me choose..by the way, as I only put Guanyin in my home, so wat is the standard height of Guanyin statue?

Ans } I still designing my altar, so cannot show you, gloss or laminate up to you.

As I said earlier, your wish, no restriction.

regarding the point 3 "As long the "Guan Yin" is taller than you when placed on the table", means onli Guan Yin head must taller than me, or the entire Guan Yin seat must taller than me? My hubby is much taller, so muz match him? then i will hav difficulty to pray...

Ans } In any case, you will sit down and pray right, so Guan Yin head will be taller than you unless your altar height is lower.