Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Why Certain Directions Have Stronger Winds?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How you know? You measure?

Wind changes direction all-year round. The climate in Singapore is predominantly affected by the monsoons. Northeast monsoon (wet) from Dec to Mar, and Southwest Monsoon (dry) from Jun to Sep. Therefore if the hotspots start appearing in Sumatra, be prepare for haze during the SW Monsoon period. In between the monsoon period, the winds are light and variable.

How you know? You measure?

Wind changes direction all-year round. The climate in Singapore is predominantly affected by the monsoons. Northeast monsoon (wet) from Dec to Mar, and Southwest Monsoon (dry) from Jun to Sep. Therefore if the hotspots start appearing in Sumatra, be prepare for haze during the SW Monsoon period. In between the monsoon period, the winds are light and variable.

this is what people always say

It doesnt quite matter which direction is stronger... if your block has an obstruction there.. no matter how strong.. also cannot enjoy.. hahah.. :P

To digress a bit here - I found that from past experience, if you want your house to be cooler, what matters more than the breeze is the sun! My old place had good wind, but the morning sun would blast the bedrooms and the afternoon sun would roast the living and dining, so the house was hot all through the year even in Dec - Jan.

To digress a bit here - I found that from past experience, if you want your house to be cooler, what matters more than the breeze is the sun! My old place had good wind, but the morning sun would blast the bedrooms and the afternoon sun would roast the living and dining, so the house was hot all through the year even in Dec - Jan.

My mother always say best floor is the 2nd top floor. Like what you say, I think there is less direct sun light from top also.