Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nameless00

Changing Bathroom Tiles

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

1)

Badnews - The following are offences, upon conviction, could lead to a fine up to $5,000 and other penalties:

For flat owner - Engage a non-HDB Registered Renovation Contractor to carry out the works and/or breach HDB's renovation rules/guidelines. link

Goodnews - Topping up of bath/toilet floor - permit is not required. link

2)

Wall tiles - Get some spare wall tiles ready in case of damage.

Basin/Toilet bowl - just dismantle it (I hope they know how to put back :P)

3)

Trust me this will really depends on the worksmanships, by the way you just need to take note of the thickness of your floor according to HDB guideline :)

4)

Contractor normally gets 10-20% off the retail price of tiles from most distributors. :)

There is quite a few big companies in singapore, easy to find one

Price:

If you got cheap labour and buy your own tiles, I think than at most $800 per bath bah. (I assume your toilet not jumbo one)

Ren

My mum is interested to change the 2x bathroom's floor tiles. However we hv a tight budget, therefore I was thinking...

1) I hv a friend who can get 2 china workers to my place to replace the floor tiles (they hv the equipments)

2) I will go and source for tiles and purchase them myself..

However, I was thinkin if the following:

1) They told me to hack the existing tiles off. If hacking is required, wouldnt I need to hv a permit? And most likely they cant apply since they r not from those construction companies.

2) During hacking, the toilet bowl and some of the wall tiles will also be damaged in the process.

3) If I were to get them to overlay the tiles instead, would it last for another..say 10 years? Do they still need to dismantle the toilet bowl?

4) Any recommendation where I can buy the floor tiles? And whats the average cost for 2 bathroom (4 Room HDB)

Thanks for the advice!