Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
praisey

Mini Schnauzers' Loft

Dear all,

Finally, i am able to embark on this journey of renovation after an exhaustive search and meetings with ID and contractors. Here are the list of companies i have met: Tau, Ho Bee, Creative Design, Red Dot, Lourve, ArtTrend, Space Vision, *, Chew Design, Boon Siew. Momo. A couple of them through emails only, and service and turn around time was disappointing. Some were forward thinking and impressive! It was not easy deciding the final one, and i guess our project was not interesting and too small to some of them.

The quotes range from 18-58k, which was rather appalling. We didn't have a huge budget to start with anyways, was glad that the company we chosen is comfortable with the budget.

Here is the floor plan to start with:

FloorPlan.jpg

And the brief to all was consistent:

- raw and industrial

- cement screed

- condition for 2 human and 3 dogs

- loft style

Pictures of the co-owners:

129.jpg

116.jpg

xmas1.jpg

I have lived in this space for the quarter of a century, and it would be very amazing to go through a complete makeover to the concept that we have in mind. In the next few post, i will post the current place conditions. I would like to share a couple of drawings.

Living Room

LivingRoom1.jpg

Hoping to hack the store room away, pending on approval from HDB.

Edited by praisey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
welcome! where's the place?

Btw, praisey from TWD? :)

Hi MrsPiglet, am praisey from TWD. Nice to see you here. :sport-smiley-018:

Done my AD long time ago, time to do house now.

Thanks to all for the encouragement! Will try to post more co-owners' pics for all to enjoy, since the reno will kick start next monday. And im not sure to share pics of sand and dust!

Zhang: Whole house cement screed except toilet, wet area.

Even kitchen flooring is cement screed? Glossy or matt surface?

Actually, toilet can go for cement screed too. I remembered a forumer did that.

BTW, you did the drawings yourself or your ID did them?

love the pics of your dogs. your proposed layout of the house is nice. gives me a very artistic feeling, something like an art gallery, very classy look

love the pics of your dogs. your proposed layout of the house is nice. gives me a very artistic feeling, something like an art gallery, very classy look
Thanks! The place looks like art gallery becos of the 3D illustration of the 'art' pieces. Most prolly we will replace with our pics. The concept might be a lil' cold and raw, due to the track lights and cement screed. Tomorrow, we will know if HDB can approve the hacking of the storeroom, otherwise this will affect the whole layout and concept.