Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
g@levo

Curtains

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As advised by some ID i spoke to, roller blinds are more suitable for rooms where the windows cannot be open or seldom open. Else like what some fellow forumners say, when it is windy it will be flapping and keep hitting the window panes. Thats y most offices have roller blinds.

As for roman blinds, nice looking but can be quite troublesome to take down for washing and put it back after washing.

Anyway, are all the contacts stated in the previous postings still available cos they are like almost 2 years back.

As advised by some ID i spoke to, roller blinds are more suitable for rooms where the windows cannot be open or seldom open. Else like what some fellow forumners say, when it is windy it will be flapping and keep hitting the window panes. Thats y most offices have roller blinds.

As for roman blinds, nice looking but can be quite troublesome to take down for washing and put it back after washing.

Anyway, are all the contacts stated in the previous postings still available cos they are like almost 2 years back.

thanks. :dancingqueen: this is also advice to me when i ask for roller blinds.

so far I have not seen any roman blinds pictures in this forum. Anyone who have it, care to share the pictures? Thanks.

Is it ok to put roller blind in the living room n one of the bedrooms while the rest of the bedrooms do curtains?

I don't see why not. For the roller blind in the living room, if it happens to be the window/balcony door near the TV, you might want to consider the perforated type of material; where it cuts down the glare so you watch telly but still have some light. (perforated curtains: if it's bright outside, you can see what's outside but people outside can't see what's inside) Black out curtains will make the whole living room very dark.

If the window/balcony door is wide, you will need 2 or 3 pieces of roller blinds. Then there will be a gap in-between these blinds. You must be ok with these gaps.

As for bedroom windows .... same thing. Light can penetrate into the room between the gaps of the roller blinds if your window opening is wide.