Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Metalsubzero

Looking Forward To Our First Home...

Oh, so u have cove lights with ceiling fan in the living room 2? Should be fine ah? But seriously, I dunno when I'd be using the cove lights and when I'd be using the downlights.. And cove lights very xiong! For my living/dining and MBR, add together a total of 20 T5 lighting points.. -___-

Check how they charge you on the T5 lighting points. A series of T5 interconnected should be considered as 1 lighting point only.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
must take photos when the lights are up...i think will be very romantic....

Sure will.. :) I'm not sure how it'll turn out.. Joseph told me effect will be ok.. So I just went ahead with whatever was decided earlier..

were the elect guys at my place? they called me twice yesterday too!

Issit? I dunno leh.. Might be.. Hahaha, since now Joseph has taken over ur side.. Btw, Joseph told me 80% of his workers are direct under him and not Ah soon's workers.. When I asked him about the problems with electricians some of you guys are facing, he told me those workers are under Ah Soon, but are his own workers, and he gave me assurances on their work, so now I'm more relieved, hopefully there'll be no problem with the electrical wirings.. (They've been told to leave end of this week though.. Seems like a lot of the workers under Jason were told to leave too..)

Check how they charge you on the T5 lighting points. A series of T5 interconnected should be considered as 1 lighting point only.

Wah! Lidat I only have a few points liao la.. He told me one T5 is one point leh.. Hmm.. I confirm again.. Anyone else can also confirm on this? How were you guys charged for the T5 lights? As a single point or as one T5 one point?

If dat's the case, I can put more downlights liao! :D

Wah! Lidat I only have a few points liao la.. He told me one T5 is one point leh.. Hmm.. I confirm again.. Anyone else can also confirm on this? How were you guys charged for the T5 lights? As a single point or as one T5 one point?

If dat's the case, I can put more downlights liao! :D

Give you an example.

LP *---------T5--------T5--------T5

Like that is 2 lighting points only. Connecting a 1st T5 to the lighting point may require electrician. Connecting T5 to T5 is very easy!

Issit? I dunno leh.. Might be.. Hahaha, since now Joseph has taken over ur side.. Btw, Joseph told me 80% of his workers are direct under him and not Ah soon's workers.. When I asked him about the problems with electricians some of you guys are facing, he told me those workers are under Ah Soon, but are his own workers, and he gave me assurances on their work, so now I'm more relieved, hopefully there'll be no problem with the electrical wirings.. (They've been told to leave end of this week though.. Seems like a lot of the workers under Jason were told to leave too..)

Yes you are right, the electrician with Jason will not be working for Uncle from saturday onwards. Understand that uncle has got 3 teams of electrician but these teams are outsourced, just like carpentry. So if their work no good, uncle will just change them.

Give you an example.

Like that is 2 lighting points only. Connecting a 1st T5 to the lighting point may require electrician. Connecting T5 to T5 is very easy!

Thanks thanks.. I will call Jason and ask again.. :D I need a 2nd opinion, especially those whose reno are under Joseph or Ah Soon.. Thanks everyone!

Yes you are right, the electrician with Jason will not be working for Uncle from saturday onwards. Understand that uncle has got 3 teams of electrician but these teams are outsourced, just like carpentry. So if their work no good, uncle will just change them.

Yeah.. Joseph told me that too.. Well, he told me can't blame everything on Ah Tan also.. Well, apparently, someone else seems to be the cause of all this.. I shan't say who though.. :/

I thought it is just some small squabble and he will be back. Didn't know there is more to it. Did you managed to talk to Jason?

Nope.. In fact, I have never met Jason before.. For my carpentry, Joseph went straight to Ah Wei.. And all my dealings were with Joseph only, I don't even deal with uncle anymore.. Good thing is that Joseph is one helluva Project Manager.. In fact, he told me he's with Ah Soon for 13 yrs already.. Since 1996.. But he's been a HDB contractor in other areas like Sembawang and still is the contractor for Sengkang area now..

Edited by Metalsubzero

Hahaha, thanks pet.. :)

U know yesterday when I was talkin to Joseph, I told him there were good feedback on him here.. And I told him very soon people will look for you to handle their reno liao.. He keep shaking his head.. Hahaha.. Den he show the "die" sign with his index finger.. Hahaha.. He says in a month's time once he finished doing up all those he has on hand now den he will consider taking up more projects.. He has over 10 projects in his hands now.. guy77 and familyof4 are one of the few that are handled by him now.. :) Wifey told him she has a friend who just got her keys too, den he say, can wait best, hahaha.. 1 month later.. Hahaha..

Oh ya, Aubrey! I asked Joseph yesterday why he's called boh geh... Hahaha, he says he indeed has a missing tooth.. I asked him, one only mah, lidat also called Boh Geh ah.. Den he laughed.. Hahaha.. He said infact everyone knows him as Boh Geh, even HDB most of them knows him as that.. Only Sengkang office knows him as Joseph.. Hahaha..

Indeed.. He says he's very scared uncle will throw more things at him.. Hahahaha.. I said bo pian mah.. Who ask u do everything sui sui for him.. I asked him about whether Uncle has seen my unit before.. (Actually in my blog in a few pages before I signed officially, I wrote that Uncle has promised he will look into my rectifications and will still be here now and then to view progress, but till date I've yet to see him) He told me, Uncle already left my reno completely to him.. Even costs nego with him direct.. Luckily he's a good PM, if not I'd be fuming about it already.. He says projects that uncle left with him, uncle won't have to worry, and he doesn't give uncle headaches like some of his workers, or other PMs does.. Hahaha..

Indeed.. He says he's very scared uncle will throw more things at him.. Hahahaha.. I said bo pian mah.. Who ask u do everything sui sui for him.. I asked him about whether Uncle has seen my unit before.. (Actually in my blog in a few pages before I signed officially, I wrote that Uncle has promised he will look into my rectifications and will still be here now and then to view progress, but till date I've yet to see him) He told me, Uncle already left my reno completely to him.. Even costs nego with him direct.. Luckily he's a good PM, if not I'd be fuming about it already.. He says projects that uncle left with him, uncle won't have to worry, and he doesn't give uncle headaches like some of his workers, or other PMs does.. Hahaha..

I do believe he took over the projects completely from uncle. That means that you do not have to contact uncle anymore unless it is something major. Yesterday some of the things not done, I told him that I could call uncle to verify and he told me no need, he can handle. I believe more people will insist to have him as the pm since he is more responsible and also not a PILOT.

i also like the way joseph handles the projects. he really remembers things and listen to your requests/complains and takes it to heart, making sure thigs are rectified accordingly.

this is good as it reliefs uncle off the heavy load so that he can concentrate better on other things :)

I think becuz he's a HDB contractor, hence he is much more contactable and responsible.. But den again, alot of ppl chose Uncle even though he's a "pilot", those that Uncle managed also quite ok mah.. The only problem he has is with keeping time and organising his appointments rite?

But Joseph still told me costs for additional stuffs, do liao den say.. I'm very scared now, I scared later end of the reno, bill me alot mroe extra.. I told him I wanted to know before works commence, but he told me uncle too busy, no time to quote us back.. -___-" i'm gonna haggle alot once VO comes.. Hahaha..