Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mumulovenest

Mumu Love Nest

i think can.. i also intend to run it along the side of the main beam

currently my mum's place aircon is running that way.

A question: Can it run along the side of the main beam instead of under the main beam?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
A question: Can it run along the side of the main beam instead of under the main beam?

Morning ocheeeng~ thanks for replying.. :)

eh.. i think possible to run along e side of e main beam leh.. but im not too sure y it wasnt done so..

guess no choice liao.. have to live with the box up le..

take it as a consolation that it is only noticeable when coming out from master room n common room 2.. :)

Depending on the effects you want :)

Need to overlap if you don't want to see shadow.

Or you can use 2 x 4FT, 2 x 3FT too

For your 2nd question, depends if they pull extra wires from the mains.

If yes, 1 additional point. If not, just the casing.

Note your power requirement for these points lor.

If using for oven, hob, hood, fridge, washing machine and dryer , best to pull seperate wires for each point as they draw high current.

hmm.. i cant really visualise how e shadow effect will looks like leh.. will it look nice too? :P

came across this problem when buying lights..

my ID told us to buy 3 x 4ft light but e light sales person say need 4 x 4ft to avoid shadow effect.. haha..

seems like e electrical part needs a wide knowledge and it is creating a major headache for us!~~

wa u still up?

not so sure abt the 2fan coil u talking abt cos we also havent really go searching for the one we like.

hmmm seeing urs like that, i also worry le.

no worries la.. now that u got my house as example, im sure your house will look better than mine! :D

dun let my bad/not so good experience affect u too much..

u still got time to think n discuss with your contractor on how to tackle e problems.. :D

Morning ocheeeng~ thanks for replying.. :)

eh.. i think possible to run along e side of e main beam leh.. but im not too sure y it wasnt done so..

guess no choice liao.. have to live with the box up le..

take it as a consolation that it is only noticeable when coming out from master room n common room 2.. :)

hmm.. i cant really visualise how e shadow effect will looks like leh.. will it look nice too? :P

came across this problem when buying lights..

my ID told us to buy 3 x 4ft light but e light sales person say need 4 x 4ft to avoid shadow effect.. haha..

seems like e electrical part needs a wide knowledge and it is creating a major headache for us!~~

Tell the electrician what kind of home applicances (fridge, microwave oven, hob, hood, oven, washing machine, dryer etc) u intend to use and where u intend to put them.

The electrician should know the rough power requirement and run the lines accordingly bah.

Also a line of T5s connected together is considered 1 lighting point only hor, don't kena chop carrot head :P

Edited by ocheeeng

The energy consumption didn't have much different, starmex more expensive ($1K plus different), but lesser noise (MHI condenser and unit itself was louder). As for maintenance, MHI got this auto self clean function. Both have inverter system. My view was for fequently used rooms, use inverter, for seldom used, use non-inverter.

Hi Jaskel,

i compare the price of starmex n heavy at GC n that time e price different was abt $500.. so i jus get the cheaper one.. hehe..

i didnt get to hear e condenser running yet.. but so far e unit was quiet.. :D

how is your MHI working? good? any problem? n most importantly, did it cause a high jump in your elec bill??

n yeah, am considering decals to put at e aircon sealed up unit..

am also thinking of puttung string curtain there.. to cover e whole aircon ledge window.. but scare will get dusty very fast.. still thinking... ... ..

Edited by mumulovenest

as to your question of whether to cut the corner of the box up, my personal opinion is i rather not. cos if you cut it, it'll have more contour and probably attract more attention to it.

Actually in Fengshui, white and grey is interchangeable if I am not wrong. Yellow and brown also interchangeable as both represents earth colour. Maybe can check with your FSM on the alternative colours.

Like my MBR, FSM says best colour is yellow but if I dun like yellow I can replace with brown.

ya lo, come to think of it, i also think its better not to touch it.. jus let it be ba.. thanks for replying! :D

oh issit? e fengshui color can 'replace' one ar? i didnt know abt it.. got to check with fsm again..

i really want to paint e common room 2 into a darker room! dark grey to be precise.. :D btw, that will b our game room.. hehe..

Tell the electrician what kind of home applicances (fridge, microwave oven, hob, hood, oven, washing machine, dryer etc) u intend to use and where u intend to put them.

The electrician should know the rough power requirement and run the lines accordingly bah.

Also a line of T5s connected together is considered 1 lighting point only hor, don't kena chop carrot head :P

for my kitchen i already allocated 6 socket for my fridge, oven, rice cooker, microwave liao..

but come to think of it, i dunno whether my hob (no hood) need to use electrical point me leh..

if need then i think i lack of 1!! using tecno glass hob..

btw, would it be the ID who communicate with the electrician or will it be the owner?

house doing painting now.. so i guess in e next 2 days e lightings can install liao..

my ID serving e country now n will only b back next next week.. *suai suai*

n e bad news is, we cant reach my ID now!! he say can msg him n will reply but these 2 days didnt get back to us leh..

now we dunno whether have he convey msg to e electricians to start work anot.. dunno when do we need to send the lights down.. hai...

hehe.. thanks for e reminder! if not i think i will also blur blur kanna chop.. i dun want to be a carrot!!

another qns.. wat if i put 4 x T5 light n i want it to on it such that 1 switch 2 x T5 will light up, will that be considered as 1 point or 2 point liao?

also, normally use T5 or those fluorescent light for cove light har?

sorry so many qns! cause i really dunno how it works...

another qns.. wat if i put 4 x T5 light n i want it to on it such that 1 switch 2 x T5 will light up, will that be considered as 1 point or 2 point liao?

also, normally use T5 or those fluorescent light for cove light har?

sorry so many qns! cause i really dunno how it works...

Some ceiling lights have a few tubes. My bedroom ceiling light has 3 tubes. I asked the light shop to install a IC board in it.

On - 2 tubes, On/Off/On - 3 tubes, On/Off/On/Off/On - 1 tube.

Not sure if there is similar IC board for T5 lights.

Normally use T5 for cove lights. T5 got colors to choose one hor...choose the color that you like.

Fluorescent light generates heat and consumes more electric.

Edited by ocheeeng

Some ceiling lights have a few tubes. My bedroom ceiling light has 3 tubes. I asked the light shop to install a IC board in it.

On - 2 tubes, On/Off/On - 3 tubes, On/Off/On/Off/On - 1 tube.

Not sure if there is similar IC board for T5 lights.

Normally use T5 for cove lights. T5 got colors to choose one hor...choose the color that you like.

Fluorescent light generates heat and consumes more electric.

kk, i shall ask if can install IC board for my cove light..

thanks ocheeeng! u had been of great help! greatly appreciate.. :D

I have 2 mirrors and 2 shower screen to give away.. anyone need them?

All are left over from previous owner.. Intend to reuse e shower screen but ID say will replace with new ones FOC! hehe..

All are in good condition, except for 1 mirror.. All need a good clean up and can use already..

Mirror - Measurement 60cm x 60cm

*Take note: e mirror as shown below have a chip off at one of e corner..

P1110348.jpg

Shower screen

The 2 shower screen glass door and panel have different measurement..

Will try to update e measurement asap..

P1110286.jpg

P1110289.jpg

Interest pm me ya? thanks!

Its time for more pix! Pictures for e items we had bought so far..

Had more or less bought the stuff we need liao.. Left with big items like fridge, washing machine n bedframe.. n of course many other want items.. haha..

Waiting for GSS! Hopefully the models we want will have promotion n freebies.. wahaha..

We went to lots of shop along Geylang, Jalan Besar, IMM, Balestier before settling for Hoe Kee (IMM) and Heritage (Geylang) for our toilet n kitchen wares.. Will try to include e prices of e items for fellow forumers to get a rough idea on how much to set for their budget.. Hope it helps.. :)

Items bought from Hoe Kee

Common toilet sink with cabinet @ $266

P1110117-1.jpg

Master toilet tap @ $120

P1110114-1.jpg

Tecno Glass Hob (in white!) @ $430

Definitely not the cheapest.. dunno y we bought from them also.. haha.. :P

P1110120-1.jpg

Also bought a Tecno Oven TM018 @ $540 from Hoe Kee..

Went twice to Hoe Kee @ IMM before confirming our order on our 3rd trip down..

Overall rather pleased with their service..

Find the staff knowledgeable (at least from the 2 auntie and uncle that serve us..) and friendly..

no hard sell tactic and they even allow u to take pix of their product openly before buying from them! :good:

Our direct neighbour happens to be a contractor and through her recommendation, we got to know Heritage Bathroom Gallery @ 718 Geylang Road.. There was a promotion going on when we went down and most of the items except electrical appliances (oven, hob) were having 40% discount.. Not too sure whether e promotion still have though..

Kinda lost control in that shop due to the 40% discount.. :P Machiam free like that.. Everything also want! haha.. In the end, we exceed our budget and spend nearly $1800 in that shop.. :deal:

Items bought from Heritage

We got ourselves the following at a package price of $298.. Was the best offer so far as the other shops we been to only have WC and basin package and that already cost around $280 liao.. Moreover, the design in the package is wat we want..! :D

Water efficiency toilet bowl with 2 ticks.. it comes with slow closing cover..

we got the same one for our common toilet too..

*take note* when buying toilet bowl, need to check with your ID/contractor wat size to buy.. they come in 6", 10" etc..

P1110130-1.jpg

Rectangle basin for master toilet

need to check also the maximum size u can buy for the sink to have allowance on your vanity top to put your stuff.. too big or small will look weird.. :P

P1110131-1.jpg

Sink tap for common toilet

P1110133-1.jpg

Edited by mumulovenest

like that tap....but not sure if my budget will allow....:P

Think maybe Geylang is also a good place to visit....:)

yes yes definitely.. do give geylang a visit for lights and toilet/kitchen wares.. lots of shops..

do go there early.. cause some shops close quite early.. :)