Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jcwp

Lg Tv

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

im a newbie, anyone knows when's the next coming sale? My budget really tight...

genie,

go check out Harvey Norman....was there last nite and they had really gd sales for LG tv. Ended up we also bought a 50" plasma LG tv from them. It was a steal~!!!

btw, the sales started on 20 Feb alrd!! so better go while the stocks r still there. Any branch of Harvey Norman should have. If you insist on checking out their biggest branch, go to Millenia Walk branch for tat :) gd luck!

mine is a scarlet II 47 in. picture quality is very good. it is very thin compared to other brand. I think the scarlet series is better compared to other LG series. I had it for 6 mo and no problem at all. very convenient in playback of avi files from your USB external drive or flash drive. my only comment is the look that is very "exotic" (shiny deep black and red).

been using the 47 SL90 for the past 3 weeks. picture looks sharp. sound so so, but that's probably it's "enclosed" in a customised enclosure, so the fire-down speakers cannot bounce off a bigger area.

if someone can help me. the CD manual not that helpful. there doesn't seem to have a RCA-type AV out. i intend to connect it to a old school vacuum tube amp. or is there a HDMI out....if there is, i can use a HDMI-RCA converter.

I am looking for a flat panel lcd tv mount that detaches from it's base easily so it can be moved to another base. Ideally it would be a mount that attaches to an arm. The arm would be what detached from the base easily. I want to have an lcd tv which I use inside that is wall mounted and move it to a location outside and attach it to a wall.

Hi, Fren.

No offence hor as the price COurts ppl quote me for the 2 years extended warranty is 20% of the price of the LCD TV so I felt that it is not an attractive pricing. Anyway, it was my personal choice and I am betting on the the price of LCD TVs to drop further and the screen size getting bigger. :P

Hi, genielittle.

Do keep a lookout for the Saturday's Straits Times as they tend to have a lot of ads from Courts, Gain City and Harvey Norman for LCD TVs. Alternatively, you can go jalan jalan and visit these stores before Saturday.

BTW, any existing LG TV owners can enlighten me if there is an option to enable dual channel. Eg. Watching a Korean show can have Korean and Mandarin voice come out from the TV. My old Toshiba TV has this feature and can be easily set but I searched thru the entire manual for the LG TV but still can't find leh... :( Feel very peh-chek ! :angry:

anyone else here using the SL90 42"? any known problems that u encountered???

mr using the SL90 47" for the past months. Picture wise, it's definitely better than my 6 yr old Pioneer plasma 42". Sound wise, still can improve.

Feature wise...still haven't explore fully, but can insert thumb drive and watch divx (and other formats) directly.

Finally after calling the 3rd time then the lady from the customer service centre from LG gave me the most anticipated answer that I wanted for the dual languages for my LF42R TV. just go to the Quick Menu and go to the audio option and select the nicam stereo dual II option. It works for me now. So glad!

Finally after calling the 3rd time then the lady from the customer service centre from LG gave me the most anticipated answer that I wanted for the dual languages for my LF42R TV. just go to the Quick Menu and go to the audio option and select the nicam stereo dual II option. It works for me now. So glad!

I got the LG47SL90 as well... bought at December and it a sitting duck till now in the box! haha

bought 47" 47LH50 for $1899 from Mega Discount Store in IT Show in March, delivery still KIV until my place is ready. From the demo, the picture quality seems to be good as it was 1 of the major deciding factor which convinced my wife to go for it as she was more in favour of Samsung.

Edited by Preddy

Is it true that the LG television sets aren't as good as before?

I've got neighbours who claimed that despite the fact that their TVs r made in Korea, they aren't exactly made to last becox they said that the colour starts to fade or bleed after sometime.

Is that true?