Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Budget

How Much Needed To Renovate 4's'

Will be getting my place soon. It's a 4'S', 84sqm. Was wondering how much would be needed to renovate the wkole place. It's already a 20+ years unit. All advice appreciated.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hihi,

Hope be able to help cos We got the exact description that you mentioned.

I have go around requsting for quotation to redo whole house.

What they quoted is around 30K - 35K...

Tiling, toilets, wardrobe for MBR only, TV console, window and grille, door frames, designer doors, main door, main gate, plastering, rewiring, painting, PD doors for toilets, kitchen and etc...

Hihi,

Hope be able to help cos We got the exact description that you mentioned.

I have go around requsting for quotation to redo whole house.

What they quoted is around 30K - 35K...

Tiling, toilets, wardrobe for MBR only, TV console, window and grille, door frames, designer doors, main door, main gate, plastering, rewiring, painting, PD doors for toilets, kitchen and etc...

Yup wad i heard is ard that price also...

hmmmmm but sad to say got budget leh, so i am trying to use this tactic of asking my ID to come up for design for the WHOLE HOUSE but den slowly slowly see which one can be excluded to meet my budget...

Will be getting my place soon. It's a 4'S', 84sqm. Was wondering how much would be needed to renovate the wkole place. It's already a 20+ years unit. All advice appreciated.

Renovate whole place is a vast term. Depend on what u required to renovate? Eg.Hack a wall. Setup up partition. Carpentry work. It's all costly stuff can easily reach $40K.

I agree. How much it will cost is how much you manage your wants and needs.

If you think you NEED a false ceiling then you have to pay for that...

if you think the tiles for the toilet cannot be saved then to hack and retile can cost anywhere from 3k-5k...

If you only intend to do the basics, change all the tiles and do kitchen cabinets + electrical and plumbing... I'd say 20-25k should be enough. (cheap price la... IDs will rarely give you this price.)

Should be ard 20k-25k ba

I do up my 4A - 101 sqm for less then 21k but without doing ceiling and wardrobe. But really depend on what you want. Cos mine can be even more cheaper but i chose to upgrade my laminated floor and upgrade some tile and some small small thing. If not initial quote i think ard 18k will do.

Hi Supersimon, I'm currently looking for a ID to renovate my Bishan 4s resale unit. Looking at what you've done and the pricing seems very reasonable. I'm saving my flooring as they are very new and nice. Probably with the kind of money you are spending, I could do slight more for the wardrobes :)

Do you mind PM me his contacts and name? Thanks very much..

Hi Supersimon, I'm currently looking for a ID to renovate my Bishan 4s resale unit. Looking at what you've done and the pricing seems very reasonable. I'm saving my flooring as they are very new and nice. Probably with the kind of money you are spending, I could do slight more for the wardrobes :)

Do you mind PM me his contacts and name? Thanks very much..

Same here mate !

Should be ard 20k-25k ba

I do up my 4A - 101 sqm for less then 21k but without doing ceiling and wardrobe. But really depend on what you want. Cos mine can be even more cheaper but i chose to upgrade my laminated floor and upgrade some tile and some small small thing. If not initial quote i think ard 18k will do.

Thanks for your PM. I met up with Henry after doing a search on yahoo. Contacted him and in the end I'm not very comfortable with him. In the end I got a few quotes for my 4S and they all came up to be 23- 25K without hacking my living and rooms flooring. Is that too expensive? I met up with one ID from King's Concept and he said he will ensure my 25K is well spent and he is willing to throw in more things for me like giving me living room false ceiling, two bedroom wardrobes and he will tell me more when we meet next time.

Please advise am I paying too much??? Thanks..

helo, in the 1st place, what is your maximum amount you will to throw in for this reno?

and ID ensure 25k is well spent? Is it what you wanted and required and within your budget??

Eg. Most Id will tell assure that with 40k, my 5rm resale will turn out to be decent

but the fact is i do not have a budget of 40K to start with.. hence i have no choice but to ask around for more quote base on a list of what is required

and my meagre budget of 27K.

By not share your quotation here.. item by item

then i think the experience forumers will be able to tell you what is expensive and what is not.

cheers :)

Not sure whether this is expensive but I've paid a deposit and decided on my ID. Here is the breakdown of what they will do:

Masonary Works

Supply & lay 300x600 heavy duty ceramic wall tiles up to ceiling height.

Supply & lay 300x300, 300X600 homogeneous floor tile lay 1:3 cement screed for wall & floor

Lay water proofing menbrance.

Construct cement base for kitchen cabinet, fridge & washing machine with tile finish. (Supended cabinet base using approved 63mm hollow block)

Plumbing / Sanitary Works

Changing existing piping to stainless steel pipe (cold piping) (isolate valve for whole house)

Supply & install 2 X dual flush sitting bowl & pan collar. (johnson sussie)

Labour to install kitchen sink & taps.

Carpentary Works

To supply, design & fabricate 20ft ABS kitchen cabinet

To supply & install 1 stainless stain dish rack

To supply & install 10ft china granite kitchen work top.

Labor to install hood & hob.

Door Works

Supply & install 3 X aluminium (WPC) bi-fold door c/w acrylic panel (Bes-glass)

Electrical Works

Re-instate kitchen & 2 bathroom wire.

Hacking Works

Hack off existing wall tiles

Hack off existing floor tiles

Dismantle existing kitchen cabinet

Dismantle existing 2 nos of toilet bowl & basin

Miscellaneous Works

Haulague

Chemical wash for kitchen & 2 bathroom

HDB renovation permit fees

Free item

Stainless steel sink & taps

2 X instant heater

2 X Accessories with mirror

Hood & hob (mayer brand)

2 X two way taps

Stainless steel flat type rubbish shute

Washing machine taps

Additional items

1. Labor to demolish wall for new toilet entrance. Inc cement make smooth to damage area

2. Labor to demolish wall between living & kitchen. Inc cement make to damage area

3. Supply & install 10mm tamper glass sliding door between living & kitchen. ( 1 fix panel & 2 sliding panel) inc false beam.

4. Supply & install 10mm tamper glass show screen in master bathroom

5. Supply & install 8ft addtional kitchen cabinet

6. Supply & install 7ft additional china granite worktop

7. Design & fabricate solid ply laminate finishing full height shoe rack cum storage. Est 8ft

8. Design & fabricate solid ply laminate finishing full height feature wall cum TV console Est 8ft. (Double side laminate finish)

9. Design & fabricate solid ply laminate finishing supended vanity cabinet. Est 2.5ft. Inc round basin, long taps, mirror & granite top.

Electrical works

Light point @35 per point

Double power point @55 per point

Single power point @45 per point

SCV point @120 per point

Tel point @45 per point

Install light @10 per light

10. Supply & install false ceiling for bedroom foyer

11. Design & install fabrous for living

12. Supply & install 7 Nos of PLC light & light point for living & dining

13. Suuply & install 2 nos of cove light & light point

14. Supply & install 1 nos of light point for dinning (Dining light provide by owner)

15. To paint whole house with ICI/NIPPON emulsion paint. Inc all piping, sewage, door, main door & gate. (up to 5 colour)

16. Remove Bedroom 3 wardrobe

17. Change Master Bedroom wardrobe door

Extension to Master Bedroom toilet

18. Erect Wall in Master bedroom using gyrsum board

19. Hack portion of flooring in master bedroom

20. Waterproof for portion flooring in Master bedroom

21. Lay portion of floor tiles in master bedroom

22. Bedroom 3 wardrobe @7ft

Total Reno Cost: $28,310.

Do you guys think this is reasonable?

hi donny,

your id's quote looks very reasonable... can you PM me his name and contact details? TIA!

My ID is recommended by a agent friend of mine who sold and bought houses for me last 10 over years. He gave me quite a lot of stuffs and he is very professional in his approach. He wants house that go under his project to look nice and good. So he endeavours to bring the best out of your house. I've PM you his number..I would advise you to call a few more IDs to get quotes. I did a lot before I decided to go with him..I will start my reno blog soon...look out for my space :-)

I agree. How much it will cost is how much you manage your wants and needs.

If you think you NEED a false ceiling then you have to pay for that...

if you think the tiles for the toilet cannot be saved then to hack and retile can cost anywhere from 3k-5k...

If you only intend to do the basics, change all the tiles and do kitchen cabinets + electrical and plumbing... I'd say 20-25k should be enough. (cheap price la... IDs will rarely give you this price.)

nope, ours was done by an ID too. but it was only 20 something k only. it all depends on your luck, whether you are lucky to meet the right ID or not. ours helped us to cut costs too. very honest guy

nope, ours was done by an ID too. but it was only 20 something k only. it all depends on your luck, whether you are lucky to meet the right ID or not. ours helped us to cut costs too. very honest guy

Can share...?