Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johnivy

Good Contractor To Share..

Meeting and selecting and negotiating with contractors is just so tiring. Meet with a lot of IDs and contractors. Helped my bro renovate his house while he's away working overseas and we worked with an ID. Didn't have the best experience as the attitude before and after we award him the job is different and the worst part is things break down 3 months after bro's family moved in. For my own house, finally chose to work with this guy who's only doing tiling, hacking, ceiling work for me, and he's recommended by an independent carpenter. Didn't look and speak as professional as the other 'younger' contractors and IDs I met but his workmanship is really good. Turns out he's very accommodating and definitely more reliable than the other one I worked with. First impression in this case didn't really count.

Hi, any chance of providing me your contractors number... Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Meeting and selecting and negotiating with contractors is just so tiring. Meet with a lot of IDs and contractors. Helped my bro renovate his house while he's away working overseas and we worked with an ID. Didn't have the best experience as the attitude before and after we award him the job is different and the worst part is things break down 3 months after bro's family moved in. For my own house, finally chose to work with this guy who's only doing tiling, hacking, ceiling work for me, and he's recommended by an independent carpenter. Didn't look and speak as professional as the other 'younger' contractors and IDs I met but his workmanship is really good. Turns out he's very accommodating and definitely more reliable than the other one I worked with. First impression in this case didn't really count.

H Pypy,can you pm me the contact details of this person doing hacking, tiling and ceiling work? Thank you

I have the same experience as yours regarding my reno contractor. He was recommended by my plumber when I asked for a direct contractor to do my bedrooms, living room and L-box. The entire reno costs include removal of the old built-in furniture.

The other issue was the bulk clearing of the old built-in which the wardrobes, feature wall, tv console, display cabinate, cupboard, 2 sliding wooden glass doors, 2.3m full height wooden pelmet behind a 1.2m long fish tank (which was immobile, how to move a ton weight of fully planted fish tank?). This was massive work!

I wasn't impressed when I met him. He brought his works profile to show. But his presentation wasn't half as good as others though he could answer all my queries.

I found out many contractors are too busy to follow-up their quotes. But he follow-up with me and I gave him the job since my plumber said he knew him for 20 years and would definately give direct contractor price. The quote including removal of old built-in furniture was good and the workmanship was also good. :yamseng:

I went to several ID firms to ask for quotes to do up my bathroom and kitchen, the process is really tiring. But end up decided to use a tiling contractor instead because the ID firms dun really follow up on my case. The cons is that they wont design for you, but pros is that workmanship is good, cause they did tiling for 30 years.

Hi all,

Please engage Kelvin from Senz at your own risk. (HP: 9875 8882 / Email: senz_cs@yahoo.com.sg / Website: http://www.senz.com.sg/)

I used him earlier this year, initially things were fine...but his carpenter made a mess of everything... the carpenters he used were inexperienced, causing a lot of problems for my renovation. The boss of his carpentry even told me he sacked his guys becos of this...as it also happened to another renovation.

Eventually, I've got a lot of faults with the reno and till now (less than few months), most of my stuffs are starting to fall apart. Though he is the contractor, I seemed to be doing most of his job.

I refused to pay the remaining balance and he filed for Small Claims. I won the case, because I had all the photos and messages as proof. Settled for discounts on the balance. However before even paying him, I realised a lot more faults on my carpentry, and I told him it's either you rectify else I won't be paying a single cent - we can go settle this in front of the judge.

He never reply my message...and then today...I receive a call from the Debt Collector... so he apparently engaged someone, wanting to collect back the money.

If you want to find out more about what happened and his workmanship... DO PM ME.

Hi, i have my house done up by one of the contractor recommd my forumer. Indeed the price is cheaper and end result is so far so good. (cause still renoing midway)

Bery promt action for changes made and easy going attitude. Thus i decided to share with fellow forumer.

Reason is because i plan to partner wif my contractor on his renovation business.

I also beleive in seeing the REAL HOUSE (which is my house) is better than seeing picture.

Tats y i am here to share with u all....

U all can PM me for his num. No harm getting another quote plus seeing a about to finish show flat....cheers....

Regards,

Jason

Hi, kindly on contractor contact and If possible pic of his works. Ya show flat would be good. Thanks

anyone looking for a contractor to do tiling, flooring, reno stuff do try my main con for a second quotation. he just did my place and i thought he is worth recommending. pm me for more details.

cheers

Hi, can pm for the contractor contact? I'm doing up my kitchen and 2 toilets and touchup my master bedroom. All the prices given by ID is a real killer..

cheers;

Idah