Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks logcake for the advice. I'll take your advice and start to make other plans. Nevertheless I want to see to it that justice is done.

Yup, Ah Soon lives in Woodlands (or so he claimed). He mentioned that a HDB main contractor (of which he is a subcon) folded after a job in Sengkang. The main con is unable to pay him and therefore he is unable to pay his workers. He is awaiting HDB to release funds to the subcons. I'm checking with HDB regarding the validity of this story.

I'll share with everyone whatever nuggets of info that I have. I recall he has a Aust grad son or something. One option is to ask his son for refund.

Edited by JuzChris
Quote Removal

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi all, i'm yet another victim. can't get ah soon at all these days. i called hdb last fri to find out more about the alleged contractor in sengkang and is now awaiting reply. i recall ah soon mention that he has a graduate interior designer son. perhaps we can look for him?

appreciate any advice. this is giving me sleepless nights sigh.

EH!! I don't mind also. I need one to scrap the little popped up paint from the cracks then patch the cracks up... hahahah :P but you all use first. Mine not urgent. I'll try to psycho my bro to do it. :P

This bangala is on SLOW mode... he do things relax relax... but one thing for sure, he is very well trained in cleaning up house... when going to HO, he clean the whole house for you, spic and span...

thumbs up...

Konajovin, mind to PM me the bangala contact? I need to clean my house also. Thanks

EH!! I don't mind also. I need one to scrap the little popped up paint from the cracks then patch the cracks up... hahahah :P but you all use first. Mine not urgent. I'll try to psycho my bro to do it. :P

This bangala is on SLOW mode... he do things relax relax... but one thing for sure, he is very well trained in cleaning up house... when going to HO, he clean the whole house for you, spic and span...

thumbs up...

yo, what kind of guidance do u need? where is the furthest u have gone to..? :)

Wah.. now organise M'sia road trip liao??

did u ask the carpenter on your laminates problem...??

yes doing it in the non peak season is the right choice... dont go for contractor liao, go direct to tiler!!

but who knows come next year july maybe ah soon problem all settle n he can do ur recess liao!

MMm have to change the whole piece of laminate lor. But I don't have the guy's number. Anyway it's not a big problem and although it's obvious to us *cos we live there* but no guests have noticed it yet because it's in the kitchen and the whole place is white... not very easy to notice the bubbles. :)

I do hope Uncle can have his problems solved. He doesn't have a bad heart... but he doesn't know how to deal with all this and let the whole thing blow out of proportion. What many of us think as common sense to manage business... may not be so "common sensical" to everyone. haiz. He ah.

Anyway you're right about going for a tiler!! :) I think I'll get the HDB contractor (listed on town council site) to do my door and windows, then get a tiler contact from here.. then we'll probably paint the whole place ourselves. Need carpenter also. mmm Such a small area need so many people to do!! :P

daily loh... 1 day ranging $60-$80 and work from 8.30am till 6pm...

Sigh. Ya I see your blogs I also *heartache*. Even during my process, my parents and I had some tiffs.. so I can imagine how it is for you all... haiz.

My job isn't urgent since it's just the recess and we bought it to put stuff. Also I've managed to talk my dad into letting people during the off-peak months like Ching Ming or 7th month. Meanwhile we'll just fight out the designs and stuff. But I'll have to go to Hafary to get my floor tiles some time this week. I'm afraid the tiles I used will be OOS... urgh.

Wall has cracks because the wall was built. :) So those cracks are superficial cracks around the new border. ;) Carpentry was done by Mr Low.

did u ask the carpenter on your laminates problem...??

yes doing it in the non peak season is the right choice... dont go for contractor liao, go direct to tiler!!

but who knows come next year july maybe ah soon problem all settle n he can do ur recess liao!

i am saddened to hear what you all have been through. I hope those affected will strike 4D or toto so that you can engage other contractor to finish the work.

After reading all, I empathise with you all. I cannot offer money but i can offer my hope and prayer, so that all of you will get through this dark moments of your life, and may the future be wonderful and full of good times.

thank u for ur blessing n may god bless u too!

paying the bangala no problem lah.. he dun mind extra and steady income from owners... i got the number u want?

i want!!!!!!!!!! pay him by job or daily rated? me blur

If Mr. Seashell or anyone is heading to Malaysia again, please bring me along. I need some guidance in driving there. Thanks.

yo, what kind of guidance do u need? where is the furthest u have gone to..? :)

I know this is rather out of topic, but rather than focus on all the negativity and pessimism, I have decided to post on what I have learnt and gained from this AH Soon saga :D

1. I have designed my whole house by MYSELF and the concepts are mostly mine.

2. I have learnt to look for many things and the many rulings that a house needs to adhere to.

3. Most invaluable i think, is that I now know roughly how much the services and materials cost, and thus the amount of profit that Ah Soon and other IDs make :D Perhaps even how much the subcons make!

4. I have learnt to be more patient (NOT necessarily for my students) when dealing with people.

5. I have learnt to put myself in others' shoes more often now.

6. I have learnt that while there are many people who are nice, caring and offer sincere advice and help, there are perhaps slightly less or the same number of people who are mean and are happily goading the victims. To mean people: you will get just desserts and bad karma!!!

7. I have learnt how to deal with money and learnt when to make payment.

8. I have made some friends, though there have been some unpleasant experiences, but mostly, it was positive. My most memorable moment was having durian in JB with Mr. Seashell :D

9. I have seen many loopholes in the HDB rulings, how the govt play superb taichi and how the rules all favours the banks!

10. I have also learnt where to get the cheapest deals and best products for my house!

11. Last but not least i ENJOYED the whole renovation process. I know i sound insane (and probably the only one who has thoroughly enjoyed it) but I really do (you can ask my cousin seriously!!!)! I have enjoyed the entire shopping for the same theme but must be functional and reasonably priced household items, equipments, building materials etc.... I have also ENJOYED how I had to start reading many design magazines, websites and visit many interior companies to get ideas for my house.

This is the second house I have renovated, but seriously, it is the MOST enjoyable to date. There was drama, lessons learnt, frens made, money lost, lotsa knowledge gained.

These I would NEVER have gained from simply just employing an ID. I am thankful in a way that I have employed a contractor, cos in the future, I will never engage another ID or contractor. I will simply do ala carte and DIY from now on.

Trev :D

yo handsome.. did i hear u? *functional*? haha

mus agree the entire process got its sweets and sours...

ONE THING FOR SURE, LESSON WELL LEARNT. a very expensive one... i sometimes think this will make me very mean next time...but better than always get cheated... as there's always a saying, being generous to others could mean cruelty to ourselves... this really applys to our situation now...

i mus say ur ideas for your house is fantastic n interesting n really very bling... **** i can't imagine doing all these searching n desigining all by myself... especially getting a quote from ID... got to overcome their blackface n etc... u r FANTASTIC!

mr seashell says he is very glad u enjoyed it!! cus no one appreciates his durian trip more than u DO... haha...

yes, ala carte... we are ala carting our reno now already.. haha...

guess now u r the ONLY positive person with positive mindset after going tru ah soon saga...

indeed a young, intelligent and capable man !! :)

PS: will never forget those times where we can sit down for hours talking on how to deal with ah soon.. our crazy ideas... go knock on his door... haha... something i never think i have to do in my life... so dramatic...

Edited by seashell

These I would NEVER have gained from simply just employing an ID. I am thankful in a way that I have employed a contractor, cos in the future, I will never engage another ID or contractor. I will simply do ala carte and DIY from now on.

Trev :D

dun enjoy too much till become ID hor!! :P

Type of cement used and amount of bonding agent used to mix also is another important fixture.

Overlaying tiles require bonding agent. If whole unit it total hack , tat will depend % of cement and % of sand. I may be wrong.

It depends. If sand more than cements it will also result in hollow tiles or only cement on the perimeter(side) of the tiles also can result hollow tiles too.

Type of cement used and amount of bonding agent used to mix also is another important fixture.