Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Contractor Damaged Existing Floor Tiles

Hi, final stage of reno now. But after they cleared away the rubbish and cardboard covering, noticed that some of our living room tiles are damaged (maybe about 8 pieces), despite me kept reminding the contractor to take good care of the existing tiles, coz hard to get the tiles replacement anymore.

What should I do now? Compensation? How much is reasonable? Or ask to redo all floor tiles?

Very upset...coz might have to live with this imperfection... :(

f_floortilem_3ec288d.jpg

Edited by st002

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, final stage of reno now. But after they cleared away the rubbish and cardboard covering, noticed that some of our living room tiles are damaged (maybe about 8 pieces), despite me kept reminding the contractor to take good care of the existing tiles, coz hard to get the tiles replacement anymore.

What should I do now? Compensation? How much is reasonable? Or ask to redo all floor tiles?

Very upset...coz might have to live with this imperfection... :(

f_floortilem_3ec288d.jpg

hey. have you pay him the last payment.. if no, you still got the right to demand. Is there any leftover pieces of the floor tiles. Get him to rectify else you can always tell him you are going to deducted.

Edited by kewin

Not yet, still left 20% with me. But even if ask for compensation, how much is reasonable?

He said the tiler can rectify by applying something to the tiles...tonight i'll go and check again.

if it is crack, not way to repair. Just get him to replace and lessen the problem and need to hack this later when you have already moved in. :D

Not yet, still left 20% with me. But even if ask for compensation, how much is reasonable?

He said the tiler can rectify by applying something to the tiles...tonight i'll go and check again.