Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HDBurger

Getting My Keys Soon

I am excited to get my keys soon to my apt unit this coming 2Jun'09.

So I;d like to start the blog of what's going to be done in the next couple of weeks before moving in in 3rd week of Jun.

You guys may be wondering what's the hurry man... well becos chinese lunar calendar is double lunar calendar May so cannot move in during that period. kinda pantang! But if delay to move in by another lunar calendar month, will be in late Jul. I'm still holding my HDB and intend to rent out so in a way using rental $ to pay another loan for this house, hehe... but tough time now to get good tenants. anyway, looking fwd to that day.

So far what have been done:

1) Furniture like dining table, TV console and sofa bought. TV, Fridge can wait during PC show in Jun. Every other things can port over from my current flat. so many things are available, lucky and no need to start over again.

2) no major renovation is required as the previous owner well-kept the place ( but dono on that day collect key and go in and see what will happen).

3) only polish marble flooring, revarnish parquet to all rooms, doors, install window grilles, painting of ceiling/storeroom, carpentry work for my kid study room, add storeroom racks, maybe some minor electrical works and that's it.

4) engaged house removal.

Anyway, have started engaging some free-lance renovation contractors to do the various job and i'll be the project coordinator. I's wondering if this is wise enough. I've already bought all necessary insurance to cover just in case. Anyway i do hope that everything will turn out well and will share more when i get the keys.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys;

Sorry for not updating diligently on the progress and thanks for all the wishes and eager to look at the pictures. Tomorrow is my day to get the keys so I've not have any chance to take any pictures. Well I did went in yesterday to inspect the conditions, sometime when the day you view and the day you going to take over the conditions are always not what you going to see.

So i'd expect that anyway. Seems like some additional works need to be added like repair of electrical power points, rediversion of TV points, patching of holes on the walls. I wont comment much until I see my interior designer and get his advice. looks like 3 weeks for the minor reno works is a challenge.

Well it's a 3room apt at ForestHills Condo. Nice place and environment. Very like the quiet community with extra 'security' hehe (from army camp)...

Will post some pictures on 3 Jun after i go in that day in the morning. Will have more coordination work later.

Can anyone advice roughly how many Litres of ceiling paint (matex white) is required for this 5-rm HDB like? I's told roughly about 20ltrs, also thinking of covering the planter box with timber wood. I saw some place selling those DIY type like timber tiles shape, if special made will be ex... but buying off the shelves will not be the right size. if not will leave it and in future plant something insect friendly plants.

Ok, will continue again...

Finally got my keys today. all in orders and include the original developers bag with sets of keys line up in order, access cards, transponder, resident's handbk etc. wow, it's like a business bag though looks old but this is first time i see this (not the usual HDB style, hand u bunch of keys and with just envelopes and that's it). maybe those high end condo, the developer will give a nice briefcase, heheh...

Ok, will do the official opening tmr and my mum will do some funny things when go in, hehe (traditional way of opening new house)... will update what going on later...

Can't believe it. Been so busy with the new house until today and have moved in since 21 Jun until now then got the time to post my blog.

Anyway. These are my renovation sequence after taking over the keys till the day i moved in.

1) engaged painter - done by a free lance (reasonable price, paint own provide, only labour cost), only paint ceiling & storerm. Walls are existing wallpaper coverings which done by myself for some touchup

2) engaged marble floor polishing (reasonable price, count by per sqft) and parquet floor revarnished ($150/rm) - done by another contractor

3) engaged someone to revarnish the wooden door and frame.

4) electrical works (relocate TV point, 8 new power points, fixed one spotlighting - bought from Lightcrafts near Lavendar - sales) - recommended by #6 below

5) install 2 solid surface to 2 of my bay window (one **** rm and another at masterbed rm)

6) install 2 study table (1 at my gal rm 5ft and another in masterbed rm 7ft) - done by a contractor recommend by one of the forumer here - lobangking (price is very reasonable, responsible, fast and efficient).

7) install curtains **** hall, roller blind in 2 bdrms (TengYong).

8) Aircon Servicing (Breeze Airconditioning - recommended by my brother in law)

9) Window grilles (Ho Ho Engineering) - the foreman is excellent and dedicated, i like his service/responsible and would recommend it. Price is reasonable.

10) Fridge - Panasonic (2 dr new model 464 $930) buy from BanKimChuan in Bedok (this one is good which I have been buying from them many things becos you just go Courts/HarveyNorman/Best Denki and note down the model #, call them (Ms Tan, dont talk to his worker i think her Filipinas maid, tell her i want order something, she will pass your call to Ms Tan and that's it, Free Delivery and COD), TV - Toshiba LCD Full HD Model 42RV500E from Audio House during PC show, Dining Table & TV console - Lorenzo, Leather sofa - Castilla, Shoe rack - Mahongany wood.

11) oh yah one more thing, the mover. From Citimap, i'd say good and fast. Even though the sales quoted me cheaper, I gave them additional more becos they run one more trip for my Piano and book shelf becos they underestimated the items to move. Somemore the moving is tough becos the condo landing is at carpark underground, those delivery men have to push down before taking the lift up. Shionk man! Anyway paid them extra else short change them not nice.

That's it. been trying to post picture but need to read instruction in the top forum to do it later.

Anybody need contacts for the above let me know. would be glad to advice.