Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormcontrol

At Long Last, A Place To Call Our Own

After our "shopping spree" and a quick dinner, sent the wife to her sister's place to sleepover then went off to check out the gas piping over at our house.

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

They followed me and joseph's written instructions very well. but still the piping looks **** ugly. Now i have gas piping encircling nearly the whole of my kitchen ceiling... >_<. Plus that ugly lot of piping that is the water heater. Sigh. Should i ask uncle to box up anot? Wondering if possible for me to buy pvc casing from hardware store and do the boxing up myself anot...

Hi Storm,

i have taken the package from city gas for the dryer and heater set. Would like to ask, is there only one gas pt in the house and its from the kitchen, so the piping have to run from the kitchen to the heater? My heater and dryer would most likely be placed at the service yard, so is it that the piping would run from kitcen to service yard?

I was thinking if its that much piping, i would maybe cancel the order for the heater and dryer since they have not done the installation... sigh

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Super happy today. Wifey and I are bouncing here, and there and everywhere. Just like gummi bears!! =p

Why, cz carpentry is up. And the speed. hoo! All my carpentry is up at my place right now being installed except for 1 x sliding door and 1 x wall-length mirror and 1 x mirror door!

HSS cabinets are up!

DSC00224.jpg

unfortunately only a shot of part of the cabinet. Forget to catch a long shot so that the whole thing can be seen. See if i can rectify that this evening. A close-up of the laminate we chose:

DSC00226.jpg

We both like how it turns out but now wifey is moaning that she has the same laminate pattern as almost every other household in RT right now. Lol. Silly girl.

The skeleton of my kitchen cabinets are also up:

DSC00225.jpg

This one got a little bit of problem. As I forgot to tell joseph that I’m installing an oven, they had to last minute draw out a power line for it. Problem with that the line now is that its lying naked over my wall tiles. And I’m going to do a SS backing!! How? Must remind myself to call Ah di at 830am and tell him not to work on the cabinets affected by this wire until I can settle with joseph.

Other than that, love the laminate that wifey chose for the kitchen cabinets! Pearlescent black. So its glittering in my kitchen right now, though you guys can’t see it that well.

MBR wardrobes are also up. Only 7ft but looks so much more spacious! I think I got less clothes than I have wardrobe space right now =p.

DSC00221.jpg

Stardust white laminate! Think you guys figured out my wife (like a magpie) loves shiny stuff le. =p And yes, that’s our carpenter ah di right there. Stylishly nerdy thick black glasses and bengish red streaks in his hair!! Haha, only noticed all that yesterday =p

My study table lying on the floor waiting to be installed:

DSC00222.jpg

Haiz, as I expected, slightly too small. But what to do, I’m not living in an EM what =p

Hi Storm,

i have taken the package from city gas for the dryer and heater set. Would like to ask, is there only one gas pt in the house and its from the kitchen, so the piping have to run from the kitchen to the heater? My heater and dryer would most likely be placed at the service yard, so is it that the piping would run from kitcen to service yard?

I was thinking if its that much piping, i would maybe cancel the order for the heater and dryer since they have not done the installation... sigh

Thanks.

Err.. i don't know leh. Maybe your house different? Is your place new or resale? But yes, the gas has to be piped from the gas point to the dryer and dryer, but i have no idea if that will end up being very long and messy for you anot unless i see ur house. I think what you can do is to arrange a citygas guy to come down to your place to do a free site survey and discuss with you how the piping will be run first. That's what i did when i needed to check if i can fit the dryer into my small small kitchen.

*ahem* looks ok leh :P glad things are speeding up. So HO in a week?

*heh* noooo. still got rectifications. plus all my doors still not done yet (bifold, and new door for MBR). Plus have to repaint leh... Joseph say once Ah Di is done, he still need 1 additional week to wrap up.

I'm also agonizing over kitchen cabinet handles now. safety handles or recessed handles??? Safety handles are what we originally wanted in our design (copy from kitchen concept advertisment =p) but Ah Di warned that it may fall out in the future. Also, to do the glueing for safety handles he will need to drag the carpentry by 1 more day. Recessed handle look better lah.. but everybody also use recessed handles, i afraid wifey want to be unique (as usual wife throw the decision to me alone >_<")

*heh* noooo. still got rectifications. plus all my doors still not done yet (bifold, and new door for MBR). Plus have to repaint leh... Joseph say once Ah Di is done, he still need 1 additional week to wrap up.

I'm also agonizing over kitchen cabinet handles now. safety handles or recessed handles??? Safety handles are what we originally wanted in our design (copy from kitchen concept advertisment =p) but Ah Di warned that it may fall out in the future. Also, to do the glueing for safety handles he will need to drag the carpentry by 1 more day. Recessed handle look better lah.. but everybody also use recessed handles, i afraid wifey want to be unique (as usual wife throw the decision to me alone >_<")

make do with recess handles :) that's simple and easy...

ok..at least things are progressing well at yr place...guess yours should be the next house we can go kaypo liao...:P

ok..at least things are progressing well at yr place...guess yours should be the next house we can go kaypo liao...:P

can can. but don't too many come at once, else everyone will feel like sardines in a can! hahaha

can can. but don't too many come at once, else everyone will feel like sardines in a can! hahaha

just beware of yr gate..n look out for pple climbing yr window.*wink at Ivy*

make do with recess handles :) that's simple and easy...

yah, i'm leaning there already. wifey wants to move in last week le, so she'll probably also veto anything that's gonna drag the reno by even 1 hour =p

just beware of yr gate..n look out for pple climbing yr window.*wink at Ivy*

the gate quite solid ah. i not worried unless she come with sledgehammer =p

As for windows, she's welcome to try. all my window face the exterior of the flat. It'll be fun to watch her try to rappel her way in!! hahaha

yah, i'm leaning there already. wifey wants to move in last week le, so she'll probably also veto anything that's gonna drag the reno by even 1 hour =p

actually i find it better. less potential hazards if u guys were to have kids later on.

plus...it will not go out of fashion! my previous house de hor, after 2 years i see liao also sianz...

actually i find it better. less potential hazards if u guys were to have kids later on.

plus...it will not go out of fashion! my previous house de hor, after 2 years i see liao also sianz...

agree with F4...safety for kids is impt....worth to wait abit longer than just have to redo it again in future or live with regret....