Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Mini Corridor (purchase)

Hi all,

My 4 Room A flat at Hougang got this mini corridor outside our main door. Its like a pathway.

I understand that we can purchase that piece of land outside and install a metal grill door.

How to go about doing it ? Must seek permission from ?

How they determine the price ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

My 4 Room A flat at Hougang got this mini corridor outside our main door. Its like a pathway.

I understand that we can purchase that piece of land outside and install a metal grill door.

How to go about doing it ? Must seek permission from ?

How they determine the price ?

use your SINGPASS, login to MyHDB from HDB website and apply for purchase of recess area. They'll access it and get back to u within a month if the officer handling it is efficient. I bought the miserable recess area (2sqm) for my exec mais in Hougang 3.5yrs ago and paid about 1k+. The area is just a few hundred dollars, the bulk of the cost came from survey and inspection fees. As the electrical board, water metre as SCV box were already along the corridor so I save $ on having to shift them out as now HDB want owners to shift them out. Think the new ruling came into effect sometime in 2007 or 2008. Previously they stated it optional as the agreement from SP services was that it allow owners to do own submission of water/electric readings every month. Not sure if there's any new changes recently.

Is yours a corridor unit? Mind to PM me your blk.

use your SINGPASS, login to MyHDB from HDB website and apply for purchase of recess area. They'll access it and get back to u within a month if the officer handling it is efficient. I bought the miserable recess area (2sqm) for my exec mais in Hougang 3.5yrs ago and paid about 1k+. The area is just a few hundred dollars, the bulk of the cost came from survey and inspection fees. As the electrical board, water metre as SCV box were already along the corridor so I save $ on having to shift them out as now HDB want owners to shift them out. Think the new ruling came into effect sometime in 2007 or 2008. Previously they stated it optional as the agreement from SP services was that it allow owners to do own submission of water/electric readings every month. Not sure if there's any new changes recently.

Is yours a corridor unit? Mind to PM me your blk.

ok i went to the application website already.

So i just click apply but i can still back out without having to pay for anything if the price if not to my parents budget rite ?

ok i went to the application website already.

So i just click apply but i can still back out without having to pay for anything if the price if not to my parents budget rite ?

yup, they would give u a reply and indicate the estimate cost of the purchase then u decide if u want to go ahead with the purchase. Actually its good to buy over as u can do up the area.

btw, cost of the purchase can be paid either via cash or owners' CPF a/c. But do take note of this especially if ur parents are still paying monthly instalment for flat as there would be some slightly changes to the monthly instalment after buying the recess area if u're choosing to pay via CPF. For housing loan currently paid via bank loan then u'll need to factor in the lawyer fees as well.

Note: Cost of shifting all the boxes are not included in the estimated cost from HDB and has to be paid by CASH.

yup, they would give u a reply and indicate the estimate cost of the purchase then u decide if u want to go ahead with the purchase. Actually its good to buy over as u can do up the area.

btw, cost of the purchase can be paid either via cash or owners' CPF a/c. But do take note of this especially if ur parents are still paying monthly instalment for flat as there would be some slightly changes to the monthly instalment after buying the recess area if u're choosing to pay via CPF. For housing loan currently paid via bank loan then u'll need to factor in the lawyer fees as well.

Note: Cost of shifting all the boxes are not included in the estimated cost from HDB and has to be paid by CASH.

oh ok so i apply now.

hope they give reply soon

oh ok so i apply now.

hope they give reply soon

check online after a week to see if they're efficient. My relative got the reply online first on the 3rd week.

Mine took 2 very very long months!!!! lol

I applied online,

they replied in 2 months

As mine was a bank loan, I had to call my lawyers up to ask them to take back the mortgage from the bank to redraft.

While my lawyers are doing that, my contractor had to come to my place with floorplans and indicate on the floorplan where they are going to shift the electrical meter and water meter to. All floorplans and the letter from lawyer must be submitted.

Then they issued a letter to let my contractor go ahead and move the meters (which they did today!) and then the technical officer will come down to take photographs of how it looks like. If ok, then she will submit the photos + letter all for processing... For CPF to release funds to buy the area.

Processing will take about 2 weeks I believe. Then we will sign the new mortgage with HDB and the bank... Then the place is ours. then starts renovation Part 2!

Mine took 2 very very long months!!!! lol

I applied online,

they replied in 2 months

As mine was a bank loan, I had to call my lawyers up to ask them to take back the mortgage from the bank to redraft.

While my lawyers are doing that, my contractor had to come to my place with floorplans and indicate on the floorplan where they are going to shift the electrical meter and water meter to. All floorplans and the letter from lawyer must be submitted.

Then they issued a letter to let my contractor go ahead and move the meters (which they did today!) and then the technical officer will come down to take photographs of how it looks like. If ok, then she will submit the photos + letter all for processing... For CPF to release funds to buy the area.

Processing will take about 2 weeks I believe. Then we will sign the new mortgage with HDB and the bank... Then the place is ours. then starts renovation Part 2!

oh how big is your area ?

how much you bought it for ?

ALL in ALL plus installing of the metal grill door, can briefly summarise the prices for me :P on your part ?

thx

oh how big is your area ?

how much you bought it for ?

ALL in ALL plus installing of the metal grill door, can briefly summarise the prices for me :P on your part ?

thx

mmm mine wouldn't just be the metal grill door. I'm levelling the recess to be the same height as my house. So level and tile the floor. :) Renovation for the area will be quite a bit. :)

my area is 7sqm (according to HDB)

Cost of area + stamp fees + admin fees (payable by CPF) - $2k

Cost of moving water meter and electrical meter out of the recess (compulsory) - $700-$900

(haven't pay but asked contractor for estimation)

Cost of lawyer's fees (my own cos I borrow from Bank) - $1k (estimate)

Cost of CPF lawyers - $200-$300

Cost of renovation - $3k (estimate)

Renovation includes - levelling and tiling of ground, sliding glass windows, shoe cabinets, full height cabinet, lighting, painting of area

If you took HDB loan then you wouldn't have lawyer's fees... but prolly more HDB admin fees... :P

mmm mine wouldn't just be the metal grill door. I'm levelling the recess to be the same height as my house. So level and tile the floor. :) Renovation for the area will be quite a bit. :)

my area is 7sqm (according to HDB)

Cost of moving water meter and electrical meter out of the recess (compulsory) - $700-$900

(haven't pay but asked contractor for estimation)

Cost of lawyer's fees (my own cos I borrow from Bank) - $1k (estimate)

Cost of CPF lawyers - $200-$300

Cost of renovation - $3k (estimate)

Renovation includes - levelling and tiling of ground, sliding glass windows, shoe cabinets, full height cabinet, lighting, painting of area

If you took HDB loan then you wouldn't have lawyer's fees... but prolly more HDB admin fees... :P

oh...

that quite abit...

so if my parents just pay by cash it would simpily be just

oh...

that quite abit...

it'll also depend on the layout of your recess area and what u intend to do with it. U might be required to install fire-rated door and its pretty costly especially if ur existing main door is not fire-rated. A wall plus the door frame would have to be erected to facilitate the new door entrance so that's an additional cost. Previously HDB allow owners to do up the recess area by fencing off the area with a gate but now they dont allow it. Policies tend to change over time for fire safety reasons.

do u have a pic of yr recess area?

oh...

that quite abit...

no. that's the thing that made us confused at the start....

Did you take a loan for your flat? either HDB or bank?

If you did, they need to redraw the mortgage. It doesn't matter whether or not you pay 100% cash for this recess transaction or what... Even if you don't use CPF at all... cos the land area mortgaged under the loan is now bigger. They cannot just make the correction. They have redo the entire thing... :P And they are charging people for it.

Unless your house is bought without a loan or completely paid for...

no. that's the thing that made us confused at the start....

Did you take a loan for your flat? either HDB or bank?

If you did, they need to redraw the mortgage. It doesn't matter whether or not you pay 100% cash for this recess transaction or what... Even if you don't use CPF at all... cos the land area mortgaged under the loan is now bigger. They cannot just make the correction. They have redo the entire thing... :P And they are charging people for it.

Unless your house is bought without a loan or completely paid for...

Luckily my seller already bought over the recess area otherwise I'll be in the same situation as u; having to pay another sum of $ to the lawyer and doing up the mortgage loan again. The scary thing about the mortgage loan is that it might be adjusted to accommodate the extra area and monthly loan would be slightly higher as well as shorten which is what happened to my previous unit.

A HDB officer came to knock on my door, telling my parents that we can purchase the corridor but shifting the box and re wiring, etc works is gona be very very very expensive.

he recommend not to buy

well nvm lo. Save $ :D

quite efficient i apply 4 days ago, now come liao

Edited by Zio

WHY YOU SO LUCKYYYYYYY 4 days?! mmm Hougang more efficient... *SOB*

mm shifting of box and electrical stuff will come up to about $800 ba. :)