Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marvin

Partition Board Or Hollow Blocks

Hi

If I am doing up a store, and also doing a TV Feature console to seperate between the living and dining areas, is it better to have partition board or construct hollow blocks?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I guess it depends, I had my store constructed of partition board to save cost... and hollow blocks for the wall which partitions a section of the living room into part of my master bedroom(sound proofing).

Cheers.

Hi

If I am doing up a store, and also doing a TV Feature console to seperate between the living and dining areas, is it better to have partition board or construct hollow blocks?

Thanks!

I guess it depends, I had my store constructed of partition board to save cost... and hollow blocks for the wall which partitions a section of the living room into part of my master bedroom(sound proofing).

Cheers.

partition board can be easily dismantle in future. hollow block will need to hack. fi you want to hang TV etc onto hollow board, ensure that they insert wooden support inside.

HTH

Thanks all for the tips. Bot over a unit that has a bedroom converted into an office...no walls only sliding doors. So now cracking my brain whether I should put back a solid wall..which is way too ex..or partition. I heard partition is a norm now..just worried that it's not stable and durable. Now I learnt that there's hollow blocks good for sound proof? The room will be for my kids..so prob this will work better for me? Care to share how sound proof is this hollow blocks?