Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
just4this

Is Stove Facing The Windows A Issue?

Hi Homemaster,

Sorry to have caused you stress while reading my posting.

Actually putting it on either sides of the solid top would be fine. BUT from the many houses that I have Fengshui-ed so far, most of the new HDB flats have the short portion of the solid top destinated as the water area of the kitchen. So placing the sink on the short portion would make the sink and the washer side by side.

No need to put it on the short portion... just my discovery made on the new HDBs flats designed in Singapore.

Thank you.

Felix Wong.

felix.wong@deArtofLiving.com

No worries.

Looking forward to see your website and to know more abt you and your services.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi HomeMaster,

I actually just started going online. Previously I only used a gmail account to receive my clients floorplans.

My website would be up soon. BUT you can always email or PM me if you would like to enquire about my services.

No obligations or whatsoever.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

No worries.

Looking forward to see your website and to know more abt you and your services.

Hi HomeMaster,

I actually just started going online. Previously I only used a gmail account to receive my clients floorplans.

My website would be up soon. BUT you can always email or PM me if you would like to enquire about my services.

No obligations or whatsoever.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

u want do your website. it under construction.....

Hihi, need help from experts here..

My question is :

1) Can i put the stove as shown in the picture?

2) I would like to hack the wall and put a folding door as shown.. advises?

3) how about washing machine? Ok to put there?

Basically, the issue is the location of the kitchen being in the NW of the house, and the location of the window which would be opposite the proposed stove location. Would a slight adjustment so that the two are not aligned make a difference from the FS perspective?

Many thanks!!

kitchenlocationplans.jpg

Hi TimTams,

If your compass direction is correct, then putting the stove in the NW sector would not be ideal for you. NW is the location of Heaven's Gate.

My advise to you would be to avoid putting the stove in the NW sector of your house. If you MUST place the Stove there, then I would advise you to change it to an induction cooker.

It would be best if you get the correct facing and seating of your house before you place the stove because the most important thing about the kitchen would be the positioning of the stove.

Another question would be why do you need so many doors in the kitchen?

The location of the Washing Machine is fine.

Hihi, need help from experts here..

My question is :

1) Can i put the stove as shown in the picture?

2) I would like to hack the wall and put a folding door as shown.. advises?

3) how about washing machine? Ok to put there?

Basically, the issue is the location of the kitchen being in the NW of the house, and the location of the window which would be opposite the proposed stove location. Would a slight adjustment so that the two are not aligned make a difference from the FS perspective?

Many thanks!!

kitchenlocationplans.jpg

Hi TimTams,

If your compass direction is correct, then putting the stove in the NW sector would not be ideal for you. NW is the location of Heaven's Gate.

My advise to you would be to avoid putting the stove in the NW sector of your house. If you MUST place the Stove there, then I would advise you to change it to an induction cooker.

It would be best if you get the correct facing and seating of your house before you place the stove because the most important thing about the kitchen would be the positioning of the stove.

Another question would be why do you need so many doors in the kitchen?

The location of the Washing Machine is fine.

Hi Felix,

Much thanks for your advise!!

I'm appending the compass direction as per what i see when i bring it in the house. So, i suppose it should be correct.. :(

What if i swop the position of the kitchen sink and the proposed stove? Actually i do feel that for practicality's sake, the stove at the existing position of the sink would be better since the wind won't be directly blowing.

As for the other door, it's because I think it's good to hack away that wall so that I can still keep my child in sight when i'm in the kitchen...

Hi TimTams,

I would recommend you to place the stove at the West side of the kitchen which happens to be along the wall that you want to position a new stove, but further away from the sink.

If you where to place the stove at the existing position of the sink, then I would advise you not to knock down the wall for a folding door. The facing of stove should not face the kitchen door.

Hope this helps.

Hi Felix,

Much thanks for your advise!!

I'm appending the compass direction as per what i see when i bring it in the house. So, i suppose it should be correct.. :(

What if i swop the position of the kitchen sink and the proposed stove? Actually i do feel that for practicality's sake, the stove at the existing position of the sink would be better since the wind won't be directly blowing.

As for the other door, it's because I think it's good to hack away that wall so that I can still keep my child in sight when i'm in the kitchen...