Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigloop

Hi-fi Speakers

Hi all,

looking to buy a 5.1 hifi speakers.

to match my amplifer - onkoyo tx876

any brand of hifi speakers to reccommand.

was offered jamo speakers or psb speakers or boston speakers.

any of u guys have them and ur comment on them?

which one ok?

Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

looking to buy a 5.1 hifi speakers.

to match my amplifer - onkoyo tx876

any brand of hifi speakers to reccommand.

was offered jamo speakers or psb speakers or boston speakers.

any of u guys have them and ur comment on them?

which one ok?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Your Onkyo876 amp is a **** good amp.

To do justice to it, spend a bit more to get better speakers like the B&W or The Tannoy Revolution Signature series.

Cheers

my advice would be go with your ears....buy a brand/model that fits your pockets depth and your ears else end of the day you are satisfying others not yourself

my advice would be go with your ears....buy a brand/model that fits your pockets depth and your ears else end of the day you are satisfying others not yourself

coz I m on I budget of below 2k for my speaker that's why I need some reccommandation. So far I know that this three brand is around this range.

I heard b n w is very ex

if you're having a budget for 2k for speakers.. jamo speakers can get 5.0 below 1 grand.. then spend the other 1k++ on SVS sub.

=P

i doubt i can afford a 5.1 system for bose floor standing.

jamo was my original choice (saw them in courts)

but later i went to another hifi shop which reccomand me psb speaker image series (older model from the current syphonine series)

anyone of u have psb speakers and u feel of them?

coz my feel is jamo and psb, in terms of sound quality and punch, quite close

i doubt i can afford a 5.1 system for bose floor standing.

jamo was my original choice (saw them in courts)

but later i went to another hifi shop which reccomand me psb speaker image series (older model from the current syphonine series)

anyone of u have psb speakers and u feel of them?

coz my feel is jamo and psb, in terms of sound quality and punch, quite close

As mentioned, try the Jamo/SVS combo.

You'll have to ship in the Jamo though. But i think i will be well worth it given your budget. A soild woofer do make **** of a difference.

You'll have to ship in the Jamo though. But i think i will be well worth it given your budget. A soild woofer do make **** of a difference.

?? jamo, i think i saw them at courts. :)

bro where can i test SVS sub in sg?

u guys know the price range of B&W? very tempted, heard a lot of good review on it.

where in sg can i get to test them?

actually it should be the other way round, JAMO can be had locally while SVS is an online store based in US-OH. i heard that soon KEC would be the local distributor

u guys know the price range of B&W? very tempted, heard a lot of good review on it.

SVS can only be demo'ed at the home of SVS owners but you got to note that an SVS will not be like your typical subs which go boom boom boom, it has depth without that sort of typical boom so for the untrained ear, it may not be your cup of tea :)

SVS can only be demo'ed at the home of SVS owners but you got to note that an SVS will not be like your typical subs which go boom boom boom, it has depth without that sort of typical boom so for the untrained ear, it may not be your cup of tea :)

any comment on psb speakers?

was highlighted by the sale person that psb have a rubber skirting at the speaker ( not so easy to tear )

and is better then those paper type speaker. (psb is metal)

actually it should be the other way round, JAMO can be had locally while SVS is an online store based in US-OH. i heard that soon KEC would be the local distributor

LOL. deepak. my bad. typo on that. the local distributor story has been going around for ages.. lol.. still not settled..

there's an audiophile forum that you can join.. members are very nice. some even invite you over if you wanna test the sub they using so you can buy. =)

there's an audiophile forum that you can join.. members are very nice. some even invite you over if you wanna test the sub they using so you can buy. =)

i have the cylinder but i doubt this is the range that you are looking at.

btw you may also consider SVS speakers and their sub, that would be a nice compliment