Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shalovely

Commision For Rent Agt Fee?

Hi there peeps.

Nearly 2 yrs back, i browsed thru the classified for hdb home rentals. Went, liked and decided that the pricing was resonable enuf. I did not have any agt with me. But the landlords agt insist that i gave her her comm..(i took up a 1 yr contract). 1st year passed..2nd year, i hve not found my dream home yet, so i wanted to continue with the leasing. Signed up for another year..but i was told by the landlord's agt to pay her comm. again.

Is this the normal practice??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi there peeps.

Nearly 2 yrs back, i browsed thru the classified for hdb home rentals. Went, liked and decided that the pricing was resonable enuf. I did not have any agt with me. But the landlords agt insist that i gave her her comm..(i took up a 1 yr contract). 1st year passed..2nd year, i hve not found my dream home yet, so i wanted to continue with the leasing. Signed up for another year..but i was told by the landlord's agt to pay her comm. again.

Is this the normal practice??

You may want to deal with the landlord in private so that the landlord can save without paying comm to the agent.

You may want to deal with the landlord in private so that the landlord can save without paying comm to the agent.

Thanks for your reply.... but it seems that my landloard is a very black n white person.. he insist on dealing with his agt.

Thanks for your reply.... but it seems that my landloard is a very black n white person.. he insist on dealing with his agt.

I have in the past extended my office lease with the same landlord through the same agent. As it was a renewal, there were no agent fee but a token sum to the agent wouldnt hurt.

I have in the past extended my office lease with the same landlord through the same agent. As it was a renewal, there were no agent fee but a token sum to the agent wouldnt hurt.

It really depends on the landlord and agent. Sometimes the agent is related to the owner, so the latter will help her/him to get the commission. For most cases, the agent will ask for commission.

perhaps u can neg with the agent to reduce e fee, since its the 2nd yr

talk to your landlord.

when my tenant continue their 2nd yr lease, my agent promised to waive off my part of the comm ( maybe I have refer friends to him)

then I inturn help my tenant to pay 50% of their comm, so as to reduce their load