Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Kelvin just called me, very straightforward which supposed to be a good thing. However, a bit too straightforward for my liking, sounds like interrogation. :sport-smiley-004:

Kelvin just called me, very straightforward which supposed to be a good thing. However, a bit too straightforward for my liking, sounds like interrogation. :dancingqueen:

I just met Kelvin for the first time today, i'm fine with his straight-forwardness, i don't feel a bit offended. In fact, i kind of appreciate his confidence about his own work that gave me an assurance feeling.

Hi guys,

Learnt a fair bit from your experiences and it seems that this Kelvin guy is frank and trustworthy. Bengish but honest. May I have Kelvin's contacts and email pls? thanks!

:bangwall:

Hi guys,

Learnt a fair bit from your experiences and it seems that this Kelvin guy is frank and trustworthy. Bengish but honest. May I have Kelvin's contacts and email pls? thanks!

And please advise if is it better to just drop by their office and look for any available ID (cos Kelvin is super busy)?

thanks!

Hi,

Its been quite awhile since I last posted. Our flat was designed and completed by Kelvin. Here are some photos of our humble lodge. (Dont mind it's abit messy).

CIMG2098.jpg

CIMG1650.jpg

CIMG2088.jpg

CIMG2090.jpg

CIMG1617.jpg

I just met Kelvin for the first time today, i'm fine with his straight-forwardness, i don't feel a bit offended. In fact, i kind of appreciate his confidence about his own work that gave me an assurance feeling.

Oh, I didn't even get to meet him, just talked to him over the phone. Didn't communicate much and he kinda wrote me off already. Well, I guess we did had a common thought - we didn't want to meet each other.

Oh, I didn't even get to meet him, just talked to him over the phone. Didn't communicate much and he kinda wrote me off already. Well, I guess we did had a common thought - we didn't want to meet each other.

Haiz, seems like I'm not the only one. With just 2 phone calls and no meeting, I've decided to drop him from my consideration. Not comfortable with his "overly" confidence tone and attitude. Trust me, I've seen and spoke to better IDs whom are more humble, so don't despair. :P

Haiz, seems like I'm not the only one. With just 2 phone calls and no meeting, I've decided to drop him from my consideration. Not comfortable with his "overly" confidence tone and attitude. Trust me, I've seen and spoke to better IDs whom are more humble, so don't despair. :deal:

Haha, not despair lah. He is not the only ID, and of course I am not his only potential customer. That is why I dropped him during the 1st call (think he was quite surprised that I sounded more sure than him to end the conversation :notti: ). I have met quite a few others and most seem okay. So have you chosen any of those IDs you met?

Haha, not despair lah. He is not the only ID, and of course I am not his only potential customer. That is why I dropped him during the 1st call (think he was quite surprised that I sounded more sure than him to end the conversation :unsure: ). I have met quite a few others and most seem okay. So have you chosen any of those IDs you met?

Actually, I am currently having Kelvin as my ID. So far we are still very satisfied with his service. Due to our hectic work schedule, we can only meet up with him during late nights and he always find time to meet us no matter how late.

My intention is not to promote Kelvin but I feel we should hear stories from both sides before we make any conclusion.

caDAVEr, perhaps you like to share with us the size of your flat, the extent of renovation needed and your budget given to Kelvin. Forummers can then judge if the requests are reasonable.

Of course we consumers would like to have alot of things done with the minimal amount of money spent. Sometimes, this is not very realistic.....perhaps even have to make do with lower quality materials. I feel that we should give IDs a realistic budget to work on, to show our sincerity and allow the ID to have more freedom to play with bold ideas and concepts.

Actually, I am currently having Kelvin as my ID. So far we are still very satisfied with his service. Due to our hectic work schedule, we can only meet up with him during late nights and he always find time to meet us no matter how late.

My intention is not to promote Kelvin but I feel we should hear stories from both sides before we make any conclusion.

caDAVEr, perhaps you like to share with us the size of your flat, the extent of renovation needed and your budget given to Kelvin. Forummers can then judge if the requests are reasonable.

Of course we consumers would like to have alot of things done with the minimal amount of money spent. Sometimes, this is not very realistic.....perhaps even have to make do with lower quality materials. I feel that we should give IDs a realistic budget to work on, to show our sincerity and allow the ID to have more freedom to play with bold ideas and concepts.

Hi Vonzzz, thanks for trying to clear the air. Anyway, I didn't talk to him much and he just kinda wrote me off. Well, he did make me feel that I am really unrealistic for a moment. Also, not letting me finish my sentences, so I might as well not input and give him all the freedom to do whatever he wants (and come up with whatever budget he comes up with). Halo..., who is the potential customer here?

Anyway, just to prevent ppl from mistaking me for a competitor to tarnish his reputation (though it may not help even if I state down), mine is a 5 room. Just hacking a small wall, hacking and replacing living and dining room. Repolish existing bedroom parquet. Kitchen and bathroom normal tiles. Haven't got to the carpentry part (which I don't plan to do much) and he just said my budget of 30K is totally not possible. He said what I asking for needed at least 50K+ and I should check with the other recommended IDs in this forum (which will cost about the same).

Well, I did my research, Spacedge and Jay Ang (which I took alot of reference from their works) will cost me about the same as well.

Just my 2 cents worth. :P

Hi Vonzzz, thanks for trying to clear the air. Anyway, I didn't talk to him much and he just kinda wrote me off. Well, he did make me feel that I am really unrealistic for a moment. Also, not letting me finish my sentences, so I might as well not input and give him all the freedom to do whatever he wants (and come up with whatever budget he comes up with). Halo..., who is the potential customer here?

Anyway, just to prevent ppl from mistaking me for a competitor to tarnish his reputation (though it may not help even if I state down), mine is a 5 room. Just hacking a small wall, hacking and replacing living and dining room. Repolish existing bedroom parquet. Kitchen and bathroom normal tiles. Haven't got to the carpentry part (which I don't plan to do much) and he just said my budget of 30K is totally not possible. He said what I asking for needed at least 50K+ and I should check with the other recommended IDs in this forum (which will cost about the same).

Well, I did my research, Spacedge and Jay Ang (which I took alot of reference from their works) will cost me about the same as well.

Just my 2 cents worth. :P

I think being small wall does not matter here. It's not priced by weight of cement hacked down, probably by per job done. Just a guess :) Are you doing your 2nd and 3rd bedroom? Doing simple carpentry at both rooms will cost you $7-$8k easily. Carpentry is expensive, you might be surprise at how little carpentry can cost tons of $$! Spend within your budget. A cheaper quote may not mean a better deal, probably end with compromising the material and quality. Just take your time and make sure you make the right choice.

I see people writing about his arrogance or over-confident issue. You're not marrying the ID, are you? Ha ha. Since when one's personality becomes such an important factor? If i were to choose, i rather get someone who is over-confident than someone who are lack of confident. At least that is what i think. I don't really care about whether my ID is arrogance or not, as long as he is good, no delay, service is good, workmanship is good and able to do my house as what i hope it turns out to be, then it is a right choice.

I think being small wall does not matter here. It's not priced by weight of cement hacked down, probably by per job done. Just a guess :) Are you doing your 2nd and 3rd bedroom? Doing simple carpentry at both rooms will cost you $7-$8k easily. Carpentry is expensive, you might be surprise at how little carpentry can cost tons of $$! Spend within your budget. A cheaper quote may not mean a better deal, probably end with compromising the material and quality. Just take your time and make sure you make the right choice.

I see people writing about his arrogance or over-confident issue. You're not marrying the ID, are you? Ha ha. Since when one's personality becomes such an important factor? If i were to choose, i rather get someone who is over-confident than someone who are lack of confident. At least that is what i think. I don't really care about whether my ID is arrogance or not, as long as he is good, no delay, service is good, workmanship is good and able to do my house as what i hope it turns out to be, then it is a right choice.

I agree that nowadays renovation can come to big amounts.... hacking, flooring, false ceiling already comes out to quite a fair bit. Not to mention that nowadays most young couples would like to have carpentry like feature walls, walk in wardrobe etc. Even the kitchen cabinets can cost some money.

Initially me and hubby also wanted to work around a budget of 30k. However, we went around and ask for quotations and realised that if we want to achieve what we want, 30k is not enough. True enough some ids can offer much cheaper price from the many quotations we gotten. However, when they showed us their pictures of houses done by them, designs....we were certain we do not want to engage them. We would rather spend more and be assured that in the end, we achieve what we want.

Kelvin was the only id who brought us to all his sites to view the houses done by him. Some places are not even 50% done and he is confident enough to bring them there. Each house we saw, we have something in mind what we want to do for our place. Thus we are confident that Kelvin can achieve what we want in the end. So we bite the bullet and signed up with him although his price is not the cheapest.

However, different ppl have different taste. Think best is to take more time and source around before making a decision. =)