Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fatmian

Fire Rated Doors

About to start renovating my house and as the flat that I bought is in original condition, will have to change everything including the front door. However, today was told that fire rated doors only one type, flush, no design, like the type you see in office buildings, wasn't too convinced so made a search on the net and found this to be false. Not sure if you could share with me the design of your fire rated door to prove my point.

Also, an officer at town council told me that approved fire rated door need to withstand at least 2 hours, not too sure if this is true as well.

Need your help, mates.

Cheerios

:(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
About to start renovating my house and as the flat that I bought is in original condition, will have to change everything including the front door. However, today was told that fire rated doors only one type, flush, no design, like the type you see in office buildings, wasn't too convinced so made a search on the net and found this to be false. Not sure if you could share with me the design of your fire rated door to prove my point.

Also, an officer at town council told me that approved fire rated door need to withstand at least 2 hours, not too sure if this is true as well.

Need your help, mates.

Cheerios

Chek out my T-blog for the main door. It is fire rated. :)

Chek out my T-blog for the main door. It is fire rated. :)

Thanks mate. Your house looks great and you spend so much lesser than I did ..... getting an original conditioned house and renovating it sets me back 32K mate. Argh.

fire-rated door outter appearance will look just like any normal door while inside is solid and reinforced, and certainly is not hollow sound.

why u need to change the maindoor? Just leave it. if the floor height is not match, can saw away part of the door.

fire-rated door outter appearance will look just like any normal door while inside is solid and reinforced, and certainly is not hollow sound.

why u need to change the maindoor? Just leave it. if the floor height is not match, can saw away part of the door.

yalor and fire-rated door not cheap leh

Need your help, mates.

Cheerios

HDB requirement for fire-rated door is min. 30mins. There are few types of material that can be used for fire-rated door. U can check my T-blog also for my fire-rated door. Must remember, all fire-rated door got the PSB test certified metal plate at the side door.

Need your help, mates.

Cheerios

Hi fatmian,

Fire-rated door is not cheap, why do you want to change it. My resale's main door is also in very bad condition (look wise), what we did was to ask the ID to modify it with laminate. It is not done yet so I can't show you how it looks like, but just want to let you know that it can be done and it will be much cheaper than changing a new door.

Sorry mates, been busy the past few days.

FYI, the reason for the fire rated door is most unfortunate, my purchased unit is within a certain distance requirement from the soon to be built lift landing. According to the requirements by HDB, it has to be a fire rated door. Not much of a choice actually.

Oh well ..... managed to get my ID to contact his door supplier about this issue and that has been resolved, otherwise I will be stuck with a flushed door and with only 4 units on the same floor, my unit is going to stand out like a sore thumb, so prefer to get a fire rated door that looks like a normal door with some standard design trimmings at least.

Anybody staying in the new Ponggol or Sengkang flats? Was told it will be something like that ...... if you have a pic of your door, please share, so that I can have an idea how it would look like lah.

Thanks everyone.

Cheerios

By the way, I notice Jaskel and Born_again is staying in Hougang, GREAT ! so is my new place ..... at Avenue 6, about five mins or so to the mrt.

Sorry mates, been busy the past few days.

FYI, the reason for the fire rated door is most unfortunate, my purchased unit is within a certain distance requirement from the soon to be built lift landing. According to the requirements by HDB, it has to be a fire rated door. Not much of a choice actually.

Oh well ..... managed to get my ID to contact his door supplier about this issue and that has been resolved, otherwise I will be stuck with a flushed door and with only 4 units on the same floor, my unit is going to stand out like a sore thumb, so prefer to get a fire rated door that looks like a normal door with some standard design trimmings at least.

Anybody staying in the new Ponggol or Sengkang flats? Was told it will be something like that ...... if you have a pic of your door, please share, so that I can have an idea how it would look like lah.

Thanks everyone.

Cheerios

but if HDB requires it to be fire-rated then y they didnt offer to change for u now that they are the ones who wanna built the lift landing? They should at least give u the contacts and entitle u to get some subsidies. Anyway u already going to change it so its ok but u shouldnt have worried about the standing out like a sore thumb cos at least makes your uint special. Cheers!

btw, welcome to Hougang!

By the way, I notice Jaskel and Born_again is staying in Hougang, GREAT ! so is my new place ..... at Avenue 6, about five mins or so to the mrt.

Welcome fatmian to hougang. Used to stay in punggol. Got time drop by for a coffee together. Need any reno help can also look for me. :D