Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Potluck

Need Advice. Dealer Asking For More Deposit After 1st Initial Deposit

Hi, want to ask everyone's oppinion. I placed an order for a king size mattress and a super single bed during an exhibition. I placed a deposit of $200 (total item is 1900) which the dealer agreed. She intially wanted a bit more but I wasn't willing becos of many horror stories that the company closed shop after the exhibition. She agreed and asked me to call 2 weeks before delivery. Order placed in end May, now I call her to delivery in August. She told she need to collect a futher deposit of $400 from me which I asked why. She said my stuff are all customed made, king size and colour. I rebutted her that king size is a not customized size and the colour of the frame is chosen from her catalogue. I did not asked for any other special colour that is not there! I told her I'm not comfortable if she insist for the further deposit, I said $600 in total would not be in my favour if anything were to happened. She said because I confirmed my order I need to pay further. I told her I am calling her to arrange delivery in Aug means I'm confirmed to go ahead with the order. I insisted that I'm not paying any single cent more and asked her to return my deposit. She said she wil work out and let me know.

Does she has the right to ask for more deposit? Can i still entitle to my deposit if she back out?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No. She cannot ask for 2nd deposit.

If she need more, she should told you during the time u going to place order. Not after.

Look at ur PO T&C.

worst to worst , look for CASE.

Edited by therat

No. She cannot ask for 2nd deposit.

If she need more, she should told you during the time u going to place order. Not after.

Look at ur PO T&C.

worst to worst , look for CASE.

Thanks, during order she told me by right she told me 50% of the the invoice. But who will pay like almost 1K as a deposit. My thinking was my delivery is like almost 2 to 2.5 months ahead alot of things can happen and 1K is alot to me if anything were to happned. I offered her $200 which she accepted but now she claimed $200 was a gesture during that time, now since order confirmed must pay more. Despite hearing so many horror stories, I still committed myself at exhibition!! Really really silly of me.

Thanks, during order she told me by right she told me 50% of the the invoice. But who will pay like almost 1K as a deposit. My thinking was my delivery is like almost 2 to 2.5 months ahead alot of things can happen and 1K is alot to me if anything were to happned. I offered her $200 which she accepted but now she claimed $200 was a gesture during that time, now since order confirmed must pay more. Despite hearing so many horror stories, I still committed myself at exhibition!! Really really silly of me.

By right.. then why she don't insist.

By left.. she did agree on the $200 deposit. If according her "by right", she should not place your order. Issue invoice.

Then now is what "by center"

since order confirmed must pay more. Ask her what is Invoice.

Issue invoice , not consider confirm order ar?

which company she represent.

Do a log book. Keep her SMS, email.

Edited by therat

No u should not pay her the extra deposit. I went to a furniture shop which i spent 3000+ the furniture shop ask me to pay a deposit n then after which they never ask me for other deposit until the day they deliver. So when i go back to the furniture shop to buy things they dun even ask me for a deposit liao.

it happen to me during my visit to a shop selling sofa.

ask to pay full for the sofa and wait 3 months... :o sofa is ard 2k.

i told them no, not comfortable to pay full, so ended not buying...

Hi, want to ask everyone's oppinion. I placed an order for a king size mattress and a super single bed during an exhibition. I placed a deposit of $200 (total item is 1900) which the dealer agreed. She intially wanted a bit more but I wasn't willing becos of many horror stories that the company closed shop after the exhibition. She agreed and asked me to call 2 weeks before delivery. Order placed in end May, now I call her to delivery in August. She told she need to collect a futher deposit of $400 from me which I asked why. She said my stuff are all customed made, king size and colour. I rebutted her that king size is a not customized size and the colour of the frame is chosen from her catalogue. I did not asked for any other special colour that is not there! I told her I'm not comfortable if she insist for the further deposit, I said $600 in total would not be in my favour if anything were to happened. She said because I confirmed my order I need to pay further. I told her I am calling her to arrange delivery in Aug means I'm confirmed to go ahead with the order. I insisted that I'm not paying any single cent more and asked her to return my deposit. She said she wil work out and let me know.

Does she has the right to ask for more deposit? Can i still entitle to my deposit if she back out?

act the norm is usually 20-30% upon signing...but that said thk she overpromised you and now her accounts side prob require her to top up...

anyw r they big company? if they r, then shd b ok jus to close the deal....else drag too long doesnt benefit anyone...cheers..

Thank you all for your input. I just don't want to sound unreasonable if this is a market practice. I don't think they have a shop..they are just a dealer for an American Brand of mattress.. I think if I'm not wrong some member mentioned about their experience with her before but I could it track back so I just went ahead and committ myself. The brand of the mattress is E*lipse. Anyway after receiving her call, I called up the supplier of the mattress, they said they cannot interfere as they are only the supplier. The matter lies with the dealer. I sms the dealer I said let me know if she unable to proceed with my order. I understand she has a biz to run but I also hope she understands that $600 is not in my favour if anything happen. She replied if I insist she will send on 22 Aug. I told her thank you I trust her professionalism.

I mean why wait until now 2.5 months later then tell me to top up? If she would have told me a week after the show I might obliged but now you're giving me a suspicion that you are having some prob. I couldn't accept her explaination that becos mine stuff are customed made..its' a standard king..the frame is also standard chosen from her catalogue and the head rest too. I didn't order something extraordinary that had to be specially tailored to my specification.

Anyway just cross my fingers that the items will arrived in order.