Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cbong23

House Facing

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
newbie here and have a basic question ...how do u define the facing of the house? My house main door is facing south is this 座北朝南???

Ok, first of all 座北 meaning where i you hse located? example... you live in Yishun, meaning you are positioning at north (座北)...

朝南 meaning the main door of your hse, when you are standing in the house looking outwards to South.

Hope it helps...

Ok, first of all 座北 meaning where i you hse located? example... you live in Yishun, meaning you are positioning at north (座北)...

朝南 meaning the main door of your hse, when you are standing in the house looking outwards to South.

Hope it helps...

Hi I am living in the east and my house main door facing east.

How to explain this.

Hope it helps...

I agree on the 座北 theory but 朝南 i thought it suppose to mean the direction your house is facing and not your door.

For example. HDB flat, the front of the HDB flat is facing south but your main door might be facing east. So should be face south rather than east.

am i rite to say that.

the facing of the house determines if it is 座北朝南 or 座南朝北.

if the facing of your house is your front door, and the front door is at 南, then rightfully your house seating is 北.

Please do not mix up the facing of your house with the facing of your door as alot of pple who first started practising fengshui would get this all mixed up. Facing of the door is the reading taken at the door, whereas facing of the house is the place where there is most movement of qi or human traffic, or the place where the sun shines brightest in the house 最阳的地方。

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

Edited by felixwong

if the facing of your house is your front door, and the front door is at 南, then rightfully your house seating is 北.

Please do not mix up the facing of your house with the facing of your door as alot of pple who first started practising fengshui would get this all mixed up. Facing of the door is the reading taken at the door, whereas facing of the house is the place where there is most movement of qi or human traffic, or the place where the sun shines brightest in the house 最阳的地方。

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

I am confused! The unit has its main door facing south and most part of the house seated in the north. So its 座北朝南???

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

So take a HDB flat as a case. The facing of your house is determine by the facing of that block of flat. So if my flat is facing Northeast. But my door facing 北

Ultimately my house is still 朝東北. Am I right to say that.

Hi Alan,

I would say yes and no to your reply...

It all depends again on your unit arrangement in the block. If your unit is with a common corridor where all the units face 1 direction, then most likely the facing of the unit would be the same as the block of flats.

BUT, if your unit is a point block, then there might be a chance where the facing of the unit is not going to be the same as the block... It really all depends on the surroundings I would say...

In this case, I would take 2 readings, 1 for the unit, and 1 for the block then I'll decide by acid test which one is a more accurate reading for the house... discretely or opening is up to individual fengshui masters...

Hope this helps, and pls feel free to correct me if im wrong...

Thank you.

Felix Wong

So take a HDB flat as a case. The facing of your house is determine by the facing of that block of flat. So if my flat is facing Northeast. But my door facing 北

Ultimately my house is still 朝東北. Am I right to say that.

Edited by felixwong

Hi cbong23,

If you could show me the floorplan, then maybe I can help you differentiate the north south east and west of the house... Theoretically speaking, the center of the house is the location house shld be divided from...

if you are interested, you can PM me and i can provide you with assistance...

Thank you.

Felix Wong

I am confused! The unit has its main door facing south and most part of the house seated in the north. So its 座北朝南???

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

Hi Felix,

Interesting to come by this sharings of yours : )

Newbie here.. been trying to read up and understand how to apply to my to be new house ; )

Really have to say thanks for the kind heart to share : )

Some more queries in need of your advise here..

1) In this case, does that mean that potentially it'll have to be the windows or doors area where sun must have the chance to shine in.. and this light must be morning sunshine cannot be sunset shine?

2) What happen that knowing that the living area will be the most human traffic.. but the the sunshine actually shine on the least human traffic area.. then which one has to be taken as "座" and which side should take as "朝"?

3) Also am still very confuse how to take the "座" and "朝"?

Many of us, or at least myself have the misconception that it has to be the main door.

eg

Scenario 1: ok, Let's say it is the main door when the morning sunshine.. it does shine on the main door, and happens that straight next to main door is the living area, where there is the most human traffic.

So does that mean that it is position of main door or living room I have to take reference?

Then next few questions..

4) So When I am outside facing my main door trying to open my house and go in direction. Say in this case I face the house right in front of me is East and behind me is West. So it means "座" West and "朝" East? or the opposite?

5) When I am inside the house facing the main door trying to go out. In this standing position, my back is facing the balcony, my front is facing the main door inside the house.

The morning sunlight actually shine on my balcony then follow by a bit of light to my living area. As the the balcony, living and main door form a straight line.

So in this case I face the main door inside house right in front of me is West and behind me is East.

So it means "座" West and "朝" East? or the opposite?

Sorry hope it doesn't sound confusing.. haha..

Seeking for your soonest sharing ; )

Hi Alan,

I would say yes and no to your reply...

It all depends again on your unit arrangement in the block. If your unit is with a common corridor where all the units face 1 direction, then most likely the facing of the unit would be the same as the block of flats.

BUT, if your unit is a point block, then there might be a chance where the facing of the unit is not going to be the same as the block... It really all depends on the surroundings I would say...

In this case, I would take 2 readings, 1 for the unit, and 1 for the block then I'll decide by acid test which one is a more accurate reading for the house... discretely or opening is up to individual fengshui masters...

Hope this helps, and pls feel free to correct me if im wrong...

Thank you.

Felix Wong

Hi Felix,

You got a point, there are many HDB flat is in four direction, the lift is in the centre..

Or even if in one block most of the units along corridor facing one direction.. but when reaches the corner units there will be units main door facing the opposite direction.

So in the above cases, which direction to take?

How to do the acid test? Esp it's new house.. most layman like myself also don't know how to do test and not do say how to know which one is more accurate reading for the house..

Really look forward for more advises ; )

Still learning.. doremon..

Hi Doremon,

The facing and seating of a house or a building usually greatly depends on what you have in the area and what other landforms are around.

It might not be necessarily true that window which the sun shines in from is the facing of the house. It could also be the corridor that you have outside your door that might be your facing. It all has to depend on what you are looking at.

I would say, if you are looking at doing an acid test on a new flat, then you have take note of the monthly flying stars when you first move in. Take note of the possible things that might happen, and take precautions. If the things really happen and you are able to predict it months ahead, then the seating and facing of the house SHOULD BE CORRECT.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Hi Felix,

You got a point, there are many HDB flat is in four direction, the lift is in the centre..

Or even if in one block most of the units along corridor facing one direction.. but when reaches the corner units there will be units main door facing the opposite direction.

How to do the acid test? Esp it's new house.. most layman like myself also don't know how to do test and not do say how to know which one is more accurate reading for the house..

Hi Felix,

Hi

There is no such thing as acid test on facing for an experience master. A good master will from his knowledge nail the facing immediately. By the time, wait and see in a few months may cause 'life and death' in worst scenario!!

If you bump into a fsm who talks about 2 charts, god bless you!!

I ever got 2 charts from this fsm C. Lee and I just wait and see things happening......

There is no such thing as acid test on facing for an experience master. A good master will from his knowledge nail the facing immediately. By the time, wait and see in a few months may cause 'life and death' in worst scenario!!

Give the poor man a break.

Felix is just trying to help a fellow forummer who is trying to determine the facing/sitting of his own apartment. After reading his post, this DIY test of determining the house facing sounds scientific enough. What's wrong with that?

Give the poor man a break.

Felix is just trying to help a fellow forummer who is trying to determine the facing/sitting of his own apartment. After reading his post, this DIY test of determining the house facing sounds scientific enough. What's wrong with that?

Read the previous posts. Why should I give any breaks to a person who deem not a gentlemen. Such character should not even practise FS.

Moreover, I'm very objective here. Great masters straightaway pen down the facing. "To observe" can sometimes take months (worse for a layman to feng shui). After audit, still have to wait to see which chart suit better (engage fsm or pay money for what?!!), "die already also don't know what actually happen"!!!!! (Still waiting to verify which chart...hahaha)

Bk888, go around all the feng shui forums and you'll be amazed at how many experts or practitioners at hand to offer help....anytime 100 times better than felix. On the other hand.....do you dare to try their recommendations?