Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spearhawk

Jason Goh From U And B Design And Renovation

Yes....I remembered....and at least 3 articles on mar & april on contractors...

one of them i believe is referring to ah sxxn or jasxx .. cos the article also mention that that particular contractor is very "popular" in renotalk due to his low quote..

"

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I missed this trend on the forum.

I was reading from page 1 on how highly recommended Jason was, including various posts that support how nice and good he was. And as I proceeded on to the subsequently last few pages, i realised it took a while before everybody realised that he cheated a number of people.

I wonder how common is this form of "stealth advertising" is, where there are numerous posts supporting various contractors especially when everybody uses anonymous nicknames.

Anyway, some suggestions -

1. Do a ACRA search to check if his company is still "LIVE". You can also check if he is the boss of the company through this. The search will cost $5.

2. Do a search to check if the contractors are bankrupt or under some debt repayment scheme (else when you do obtain a Court judgement and if he is bankrupt, it is unlikely you will be successful in making a claim against them.

3. If he is employed by a company, the company still has vicariously liability for the employee's actions. You can still claim against the company.

4. Small Claims Tribunal may not be able to hear your claims if your renovation amount contracted is above a certain limit. In that case, you have to engage a lawyer to initial a civil suit in the magistrate or district court. Civil suit involves cost. Even if you obtain judgement against the party, and if he is bankrupt, it may not be worth the time and extra money. Your lawyer would be able to advise you on this.

Good luck !

Yes....I remembered....and at least 3 articles on mar & april on contractors...

Updated list of pple who have PM me/ expressed interest to jointly go to sct/spf or have already gone to spf/sct against U&B:

rainbowguy (has filed with CASE)

someone (has filed with CASE. Pending update from someone)

Jstar_closet (going to file directly with sct as advised by CASE officer)

coffee_o (has filed with CASE)

dsman

cdobear (has filed with sct)

Yup small claims is for amount up to $10k as I was advised. U&B is under sole prioprietorship was advise by the CASE officer will be able to file against this company.

Edited by Jstar_closet

Updated list of pple who have PM me/ expressed interest to jointly go to sct/spf or have already gone to spf/sct against U&B:

someone (has filed with CASE. Pending update from someone)

dsman

Yup small claims is for amount up to $10k as I was advised. U&B is under sole prioprietorship was advise by the CASE officer will be able to file against this company.

Nice. I will most probably discussed with coffee_o more as we are staying quite near to each other...

The information kit is available from the SCT website.

You can fax the form in but have to post the cheque to them. You will then receive a call from SCT if there are missing items. Subsequently, they will post you the hearing date and time.

Note that if your renovation contract value is above $10K ($20k if both parties agree), SCT cannot hear your case.

Anyone knows the procedures (document needed and etc.) to file a claim in SCT? Please share?

jus go to SCT there n pay $50 to file a claim. jus bring watever documents to support. u need to go to ACRA to get their company info too, i think is abt $15 for it.

Compulsory for filing with SCT

1) Bizprofile of U&A from ACRA or DP info $5

2) SCT form

3) Supporting documents

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/page.aspx?pageid=3946

For the SPF report i guess each of us can use the same "chronology of events" document to be prepared as suggested by SCT in the DIY kit. It will be good to file as a group but with individual evidence.

Edited by Jstar_closet

Still waiting for other forumners who are victims to reply. At least 10 or more. Seem possible base on the earlier postings. If you know anybody who are victims pls do ask them to come forth for a joint police report. Thanks much!

Cantonment Police station seems to have the most depts wonder is it fine with the rest to file a report there??? Preference for weekday evening/weekend like Sat?

At this moment no company go by the registered U&B design & reno thus going to give ACRA a call tomorrow to find out more cos they need to register with them in order to function as a biz & cdobear has also managed to win with sct. [Had purchased the bizprofile from acra)

Updated list of pple who have PM me/ expressed interest to jointly go to spf against U&B:

someone (has filed with CASE)

dsman (has filed with CASE)

dsman: yes CASE really can't help much. Have you explored with CASE how to handle your case since it involves >$10k? SPF will investigate if it involves 10 or more victims otherwise it's only filing a report. Pls do prepare your report layout per suggestion from Victim100 in earlier posting.

I don't think Florence is bankrupt yet??? as when i last spam her call in May she asked her maid to answer my call.

Edited by Jstar_closet

Still waiting for other forumners who are victims to reply. At least 10 or more. Seem possible base on the earlier postings. If you know anybody who are victims pls do ask them to come forth for a joint police report. Thanks much!

Cantonment Police station seems to have the most depts wonder is it fine with the rest to file a report there??? Preference for weekday evening/weekend like Sat?

At this moment no company go by the registered U&B design & reno thus going to give ACRA a call tomorrow to find out more cos they need to register with them in order to function as a biz & cdobear has also managed to win with sct.

someone (has filed with CASE)

dsman (has filed with CASE)

dsman: yes CASE really can't help much. Have you explored with CASE how to handle your case since it involves >$10k? SPF will investigate if it involves 10 or more victims otherwise it's only filing a report. Pls do prepare your report layout per suggestion from Victim100 in earlier posting.

Is it useful if you file to CASE? I always thought it is useless.

If file with CASE, the hope is that the association will act on the group's behalf.

In the majority of the cases of above $10k, have to see a lawyer and file with the magistrates' court. Then got to balance out the legal fees/time and whether there is any possibility of enforcing the court order. If company or person is bankrupt then will usually end up at the end of the queue amongst all the creditors.

Case is a mediator. They are not the authorities. At least when you file with case and U&B does not response to you, it will give you a better opportunity if you go for Small Claims. Especially when there are so many affected families. Well, at least Kopi and myself is filing with SCT soon...

Case is a mediator. They are not the authorities. At least when you file with case and U&B does not response to you, it will give you a better opportunity if you go for Small Claims. Especially when there are so many affected families. Well, at least Kopi and myself is filing with SCT soon...

Any successful claim so far??

cdobear at this moment seem to be the only one who has filed with sct, won, not sure if he had followed up on claim.

I believe there are still some victims who have not log into renotalk base on earlier comments posted on this thread but to what i understand from angelpixel they are busy with reno.

Angelpixel: Have you filed any claim against U&B?

cdobear at this moment seem to be the only one who has filed with sct, won, not sure if he had followed up on claim.

I believe there are still some victims who have not log into renotalk base on earlier comments posted on this thread but to what i understand from angelpixel they are busy with reno.

Angelpixel: Have you filed any claim against U&B?

Personally, I feel filing with case is a waste of time. What can they do to protect consumer rights? I haven't see much. In Singapore, companies are big shots and consumers are carrot head. That is why we keep seeing tourist kana chop left right center.

I suggest combine effort and go SCT. Faster