Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gk1981

Our Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All,

The following was stated in my quote:

Supply and lay 300mm X 450mm ceramic wall tiles for kitchen ( Material for wall tiles

$2.6psf )

Supply and lay 300mm X 450mm ceramic wall tiles for 2nos of toilet ( Material for wall

tiles $2.6psf )

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen

tiles ( Material for floor tiles $3psf )

Masonry Works

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm on slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for 2 toilet floor

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm on slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for S.balony

floor tiles ( Material for floor tiles $3psf )

Supply & construct concrete L-shape kitchen cabinet base with side tiling work

But, the tiles we have chosen for wall tiles are all $2.20psf and for floor tiles $2.6psf.

Is it possible to ask the ID to reduce the cost for the above-mentioned items, since we have chosen tiles at lower costs??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by gk1981

Hi All,

The following was stated in my quote:

Supply and lay 300mm X 450mm ceramic wall tiles for kitchen ( Material for wall tiles

$2.6psf )

Supply and lay 300mm X 450mm ceramic wall tiles for 2nos of toilet ( Material for wall

tiles $2.6psf )

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen

Masonry Works

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm on slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for 2 toilet floor

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm on slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for S.balony

floor tiles ( Material for floor tiles $3psf )

Supply & construct concrete L-shape kitchen cabinet base with side tiling work

But, the tiles we have chosen for wall tiles are all $2.20psf and for floor tiles $2.6psf.

Is it possible to ask the ID to reduce the cost for the above-mentioned items, since we have chosen tiles at lower costs??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It all depends on which tile shop your ID is bringing you, but then most tiles come from China now and i know that most IDs are getting a commission, but u can press your ID for a better pricing...

Selected Tiles:

Comments Welcome!! We are planning to have mostly white tiles and less dark tiles. Those white tiles have similar patterns as on the dark ones, but not visible bcos of camera flash.

BTW, I asked my ID to reduce prices based on tiles. He said he cannot :( But hoping to get some small things done FOC :rolleyes:

1. Kitchen:

kitchen.jpg

2. MBR Toilet

MBRToilet.jpg

3. Common Toilet

CommonToilet.jpg

oh wow, the condition of rooms and kitchen tiles is really very well-maintained. may i ask how much u bought the hse? COV?

Oops sorry for missing this post.

Actually in the pics the tiles do look nice. But when you observe closer there are quite a lot of cracked tiles. That is why we decided to redo the kitchen and 2 toilets completely.

PM you the valuation ;)

Hi All,

I am planning to erect a concrete support for kitchen sink. Anybody can guide me on the rough cost (3ft length)??

Also, how much will a granite sink cost?? Where can I buy them?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

GK

Thanks to the info provided by jaskel and IceBlue, I was able to negotiate with my ID for reducing the price of constructing the concrete kitchen sink. He has agreed to do some additional small works FOC for us :) He also will be getting us toilet accessories at warehouse price :)

Hacking works started on Monday and completed yesterday, even though we haven't delivered the bank cheque to my ID. Our loan has been approved, but we haven't received the cheques yet. He has been quite accommodating so far.

By yesterday evening, all the tiles have arrived. Today, tiling works are about to begin :)