Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alamak

Finally... Our Home

hi gantan88 and ossify, thanks for the feedback and advise.

we have decided not to have a hanging dining light. now have to plan the lights so that it is enough to illuminate the living and dining area without increasing our budget. :~

here's 2 more layout..

1) L-box with more lights

layout-light-1.jpg

2) half false ceiling with cove light

layout-light-2.jpg

The round thing at the kitchen entrance is a floor lamp.

any comments? thanks,.

i think the 2nd option will save you a lot more money and provide the same amount of illumination.

but i think you should add 1 more cove light on the right side, above the dining table so that you won't need a standing light at the corner.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i think the 2nd option will save you a lot more money and provide the same amount of illumination.

but i think you should add 1 more cove light on the right side, above the dining table so that you won't need a standing light at the corner.

thanks.

hmm.. that's a good suggestion. but as the ceiling btw the end of the false ceiling and new kitchen wall is lower(as it's the original kitchen ceiling), not sure whether can be done. will need to check with my contractor.

thanks.

hmm.. that's a good suggestion. but as the ceiling btw the end of the false ceiling and new kitchen wall is lower(as it's the original kitchen ceiling), not sure whether can be done. will need to check with my contractor.

if the kitchen wall is lower, then you can shorten the width of the false ceiling on the right side by 10cm or so :)

if the kitchen wall is lower, then you can shorten the width of the false ceiling on the right side by 10cm or so :)

oh, why didn't i think of that. thanks alot. :)

now only thing is find out what's the price difference for the new approach. :D

so what happened? :)

many things happened. :D

Contractor submitted permit, 3 weeks later and still pending. 2 days ago, contractor found out he made a mistake and left out the application for hacking a new door opening, made new application. emailed hdb technical officer to expedite our application. 2 days later which is today, permit approved. :) but with a glitch, hdb requested to do a sanitary inspection of the unit below mine, not too sure what's the problem. so not allowed to hack flooring 1m radius from sewage pipes and drainage till the inspection is done next week.

tiles selected, kitchen cabinet layout confirmed, laminates chosen. bought a lot of electronic appliances and furniture.

ex-owner finally moved out after nearly 1 1/2 months after completion. agent going to pass me the keys later. will be popping by later to check and lock up the unit.

reno going to start next monday!! my time has come. :D

living room false ceiling/l-box still undecided. haha.....

Edited by alamak

need some advise,

what's a reasonable price for replacing main door frame and solid main door(non fire-rated)? realised the main door frame and main door in worse condition than i imagined.

thanks alot.

hacking starts today.

morning met up with the hdb subcon to do the sanitary inspection. in the end he had to hack a hole from our kitchen thru to our neighbour's kitchen ceiling which they will patch up within the next few days. that was supposed to be the old drainage hole. feel so bad about it. luckily neighbour was very nice and understanding.

hacking starts today.

morning met up with the hdb subcon to do the sanitary inspection. in the end he had to hack a hole from our kitchen thru to our neighbour's kitchen ceiling which they will patch up within the next few days. that was supposed to be the old drainage hole. feel so bad about it. luckily neighbour was very nice and understanding.

thought you got your own contractor? why need to meet with hdb subcon?

is this a resale flat? or direct from hdb?

thought you got your own contractor? why need to meet with hdb subcon?

is this a resale flat? or direct from hdb?

mine is a resale flat.

i think cos hdb changed the drainage location when they did the MUP 10 years ago. hdb contacted my contractor and said will get their subcon to do a inspection to check if the drainage location is indeed changed before. if yes, they will need to hack the old opening and patch it up once my hacking is done. if the inspection is not carried out and resolved, i cannot hack around the drainage area.

luckily only 1 hole needs to be hacked. if more than that i dunno how to explain to my neighbour. :D