Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Joel Ng

Running Speaker Cable Across The Floor

u see , i am setting up my 5.1 channel which 2 of the speaker will be beside my sofa, running the ugly cable across the floor.

how do you conceal the wire especially they are running across the floor? thinking of putting the tape or trunking will make it even worse, had think of putting small carpet but worried they might look funny since i do not have any on the hse

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is i possible to run them along the walls or aoss the ceiling?

Have ypu done your reno already. else can get ur ID to do he concealment for u

For my 5.1 system, I got my ID to do the concealment, under the light pelmet

Is i possible to run them along the walls or aoss the ceiling?

Have ypu done your reno already. else can get ur ID to do he concealment for u

For my 5.1 system, I got my ID to do the concealment, under the light pelmet

actually i did not engage ID as we did our own planning and design, therefore couldn't get anyone to help on this , and i had forget about this during the installation of fault ceiling, running across wall or ceiling are not possible as well.

Do you have a power plug near the place where you want to install your rear speakers?

you may want to consider using wireless speakers.

IMHO, running wires along the floor should be avoided. They are unsightly, not to mention dangerous.

Since you mentioned you have false ceiling, do you want to consider doing some DIY? you can make small cuts along false ceiling, then slot your wires under them. After that use some putty of seal back the cuts, followed by painting.

You may want to check out flatwire (http://www.flatwireready.com/) as well. But I'm not sure if the shops in singapore carries them

Edited by hawthorne

Do you have a power plug near the place where you want to install your rear speakers?

you may want to consider using wireless speakers.

IMHO, running wires along the floor should be avoided. They are unsightly, not to mention dangerous.

Since you mentioned you have false ceiling, do you want to consider doing some DIY? you can make small cuts along false ceiling, then slot your wires under them. After that use some putty of seal back the cuts, followed by painting.

You may want to check out flatwire (http://www.flatwireready.com/) as well. But I'm not sure if the shops in singapore carries them

I do have power plug near the speaker but my speaker are not wireless, i can DIY and cut the ceiling but to run the wire from the set top to the ceiling i still need way to conseal the wire if not look horrible.

flatwireready are really good maybe can try to order for them to ship her :rolleyes:

I do have power plug near the speaker but my speaker are not wireless, i can DIY and cut the ceiling but to run the wire from the set top to the ceiling i still need way to conseal the wire if not look horrible.

flatwireready are really good maybe can try to order for them to ship her :rolleyes:

Saw the flatwire thing, it is really good, but not cheap either...and i am not reallya DIY person, so I guess I will go for wireless then.

Anyone knows how much for wireless? What brand carries it?

Thank you

For those who are still renovating their home ask yr contractor to do a "drain" or small groove line cut across the living hall. After that cover by laminate wood trimming and you can hide all yr cabling and wiring there.

For those who are still renovating their home ask yr contractor to do a "drain" or small groove line cut across the living hall. After that cover by laminate wood trimming and you can hide all yr cabling and wiring there.

Sorry but do you mean cutting into the wall?

Saw the flatwire thing, it is really good, but not cheap either...and i am not reallya DIY person, so I guess I will go for wireless then.

Anyone knows how much for wireless? What brand carries it?

Thank you

Found this website http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/21/how-to-...-rf-headphones/

mod your own wireless speakers, so u dun have to worry whether the brand supports wireless speakers ornot.