Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Easiest dish to cook is soup hehe...

can stir fry broccoli with garlic and chicken...quite easy also ;)

Yes yes then fry chicken wings that one easy also hahahaha :D

For me, the nearest supermarket to my new home is NTUC at Jurong Point, so NTUC is first and no choice lor. lol. But I like shopping at NTUC Extra in Jurong Point. Use maybank credit card to pay can earn 5% cash rebate and at same time, still can earn linkpoints with ntuc card. Hee.

wah, let me see how to clarify in words, what u have stated is one type of loan with amortization. Amortization in short mean the interest which u pay is reducing every month. in your case, is every yr.

Let me show some examples:

Loan Amt: $10000

Tenure: 5 yrs

Interest : 1%

For Flat Rate type of loan,

Prinicipal: $10000

Simple Interest for 5 yrs: $500

No. of months to service: 60

Payment for each month = ($10000 + $500) / 60

Assuming half way (2 and a half yrs) of servicing liao, u decide to redeem the loan,

u will pay = $5000 (remaining principal) + redemption penalty if any. - u don't get any interest rebate

the other type is loan with amortizing factor,

Let say for Jan month u pay $200. This $200 will consist of both principal and interest. For Feb, u also pay $200. But more money will goes into paying back the principal than servicing the interest. eg. Jan: $175 (Prinicipal) + $25 (Interest), Feb: $180 (Principal) + $20 (Interest)

So when u early redeem the loan, u get some interest rebates because change in loan tenure and calculation.

Hope this is clear enough. I tried my best liao. lol.

very very very clear :)

HDB is amortizing loan right :) Cos I think I can log in and view the interest decrease every month :)

Hi everyone here, urgent and important question here: How is the second HDB appointment decided? Is it an agreed date between buyers and sellers during first appointment or HDB has a formula to calculate it? My first appointment is on coming Monday and my ID just told me that if I can get the keys two weeks before CNY then he can possibly handover the house to us before our wedding in mid March. We are really excited about this because initially he estimatd the handover to be late April or early May but now he is going to try his best to complete the project fast for us :dancingqueen: .

Hi everyone here, urgent and important question here: How is the second HDB appointment decided? Is it an agreed date between buyers and sellers during first appointment or HDB has a formula to calculate it? My first appointment is on coming Monday and my ID just told me that if I can get the keys two weeks before CNY then he can possibly handover the house to us before our wedding in mid March. We are really excited about this because initially he estimatd the handover to be late April or early May but now he is going to try his best to complete the project fast for us :dancingqueen: .

Normally is 8 weeks after 1st appt. Another alternative... can ask the seller if he can move out after 1st appt and then he/she allows you to start renovation prior second appt... if okie... then good for you...

Bank Loan std is 8 weeks whereas HDB loan std is 6 weeks but of cos if you and your seller is agreeable to expedite the process, you can always ask the HDB officer :)

Normally is 8 weeks after 1st appt. Another alternative... can ask the seller if he can move out after 1st appt and then he/she allows you to start renovation prior second appt... if okie... then good for you...

Thanks. no wonder the agent (she is the sellers' agent though I also have to pay her commission :angry: ) told us that the 2nd appointment will be around end Feb. During my last visit to the house the owners told me they have found a place and may be able to move out by late Jan. I hope this will come true :).

This coffee shop is a good place to get information and advice. Maybe I should close my own blog and shift all the posts here since there are many more visitors here :P .

Thanks. no wonder the agent (she is the sellers' agent though I also have to pay her commission :angry: ) told us that the 2nd appointment will be around end Feb. During my last visit to the house the owners told me they have found a place and may be able to move out by late Jan. I hope this will come true :).

This coffee shop is a good place to get information and advice. Maybe I should close my own blog and shift all the posts here since there are many more visitors here :P .

Hahaha guys just like to pop by coffee shop for a chat thats all :P

2nd appointment is usually between 6-8 weeks if HDB base on their 'formula'. But nowadays, HDB would ask seller and buyer on the spot if they have a preferred date for the 2nd appointment. We extended our case with our seller to about nearly 10 weeks as we had to go thru our 2nd appointment with our buyers, wait for funds to be back into our CPF and for the bank to expedite the sales. The HDB officer wasnt happy and kept asking the seller to charge us a fee even after sellers informed that its ok. The HDB officer asked nearly 5 times and even asked the sellers to discuss outside her office if they wanted more time to discuss. We were so mad with the HDB officer cos seller already said NO NO NO. Cant imagine if the seller said Yes cos last min before we exercise the option, seller had already UP the COV by another 2k. Guess the sellers pity us!

Edited by born_again

2nd appointment is usually between 6-8 weeks if HDB base on their 'formula'. But nowadays, HDB would ask seller and buyer on the spot if they have a preferred date for the 2nd appointment. We extended our case with our seller to about nearly 10 weeks as we had to go thru our 2nd appointment with our buyers, wait for funds to be back into our CPF and for the bank to expedite the sales. The HDB officer wasnt happy and kept asking the seller to charge us a fee even after sellers informed that its ok. The HDB officer asked nearly 5 times and even asked the sellers to discuss outside her office if they wanted more time to discuss. We were so mad with the HDB officer cos seller already said NO NO NO. Cant imagine if the seller said Yes cos last min before we exercise the option, seller had already UP the COV by another 2k. Guess the sellers pity us!

Wah, this HDB officer is too busybody I think. My sellers are very nice people so I am hopping that they will agree on an earlier date for second appointment. Thanks for the info :).