Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wywy219

A Home For Us... Finally

We are doing an overhaul. The current "design" is no design lo... like houses 10+ years ago.

Want to hack and change all tiles. But considering laminate for BRs. Anyone wants to share experience on laminates? I am a bit petpeeves over dirty floor. What i heard is laminate cannot mop, can only use magic clean to wipe. If the floor get sticky i will go crazy!

My current unit has got both tiles and laminates , and i also has got 2 dogs.

I find tiles get sticky and dirty faster than laminates. Laminates cannot mop?? I still mop ley, but not with those dripping wet mop

Also to save cost hor, i decided to overlay all bedrms and hall with laminates than hacking and retiled.

anyway i prefer the feel of laminate than tiles :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We have fixed our ID. The uncle quite nice and many things are negotiable...... Now finalising designs and looking around for furniture and electricals.....

Very excited now. Second appointment next Monday!

thanks, wakzool. Where did you get your Ariston hob and hood + oven? the prices look good.

I got it during Mayer's warehouse sale, yeah it's a good deal for me. How's your reno progress?

Edited by wakzool

We just got our keys this Monday! Kind of excited but we know this is where all the worries and troubles come before we can move officially.

Last weekend when to choose tiles at Soon Bee Huat but they don't have stock for the tiles that we want. Then went to another shop recommended by ID on Monday. But they don't even have it on display. We are difficult...haha...because we want white tiles for living area but actually there is no while colour homogeneous tile in the market. We can only choose the "whitest" off-white.We will end up using tiles from both shop for different area of the house.

ID have helped us to apply for permit for hacking and hopefully everything goes smoothly and hacking can start next Monday!

Btw, i realised they are a lot of forumers from Tampines. No?

Wywy, congrats on the start of the reno process, Tampines is a nice convenient estate, almost everything is available in the central malls, good choice.

Wywy, congrats on the start of the reno process, Tampines is a nice convenient estate, almost everything is available in the central malls, good choice.

Yes! The excitement started this week! Hacking work for floor tiles have started, we have selected our tiles, and ID have sent us the designs after our feedback from the 1st round, which we are quite happy with. Just need to do some minor changes and also colours of wall.

Hopefully can post some photos this weekend. till then.

Hi wywy219,

Congrtaz on your good start of your renov journey and continue till HO......

btw Tampines is really a nice estate...my "new" house also in tampines. Hope to see

the photo soon..

Yes! The excitement started this week! Hacking work for floor tiles have started, we have selected our tiles, and ID have sent us the designs after our feedback from the 1st round, which we are quite happy with. Just need to do some minor changes and also colours of wall.

Hopefully can post some photos this weekend. till then.

Hi Wywy,

All the best for your reno. I am also shifting to Tampines next year, still a long way to go :( . By the way, what is "pre-fab HDB"? I intend to hack quite a bit so I hope my flat is hackable.

Hi Wywy,

All the best for your reno. I am also shifting to Tampines next year, still a long way to go :( . By the way, what is "pre-fab HDB"? I intend to hack quite a bit so I hope my flat is hackable.

Pre-fabricated flat means the house is made from pre-made "blocks". In hokkien they call it "dau chu". they just put all the square squares together and cement together to become a house. not sure this explanation is clear. haha.. It's a bit like lego....

You can directly call up HDB to ask if the block is pre-fab, or if you see your floor plan there is a lot of thick black lines means it's pre-fab. Check out my floor plan then you can see.

Hope this helps.

Edited by wywy219

Pre-fabricated flat means the house is made from pre-made "blocks". In hokkien they call it "dau chu". they just put all the square squares together and cement together to become a house. not sure this explanation is clear. haha.. It's a bit like lego....

You can directly call up HDB to ask if the block is pre-fab, or if you see your floor plan there is a lot of thick black lines means it's pre-fab. Check out my floor plan then you can see.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. My floorplan doesn't have the thick black lines. Heng :D

Week 1 of reno have passed. Tmr morning we'll be meeting up with Jackson (boss of the ID firm we engaged) to sign the invoice officially. Come to think of it, maybe he sort of knows my hubby, he never take the first 10% and never wait for us to sign the invoice but already started with the job. In the quotation it was stated must pay 10%+40% by 1st day of work de.... hehe....So far he's still scoring points. Let's hope the project management and workmanship will be as promising!

3Ds from the ID:

Living room

219tampliv.jpg

We don't like the green colour though..... Green + purple looks like........

Living room view from kitchen

219tampliv2.jpg

kitchen

219tampkit2.jpg

Dining + kitchen view from living room

219tampkit.jpg