Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fastfirefish

The.gray.house

hi !

i think i m still the champion among you all! my reno started mid-july..

can u imagine?

just wanna say, u guys is much better liao... start work later than me, but things completed around the same as mine... :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi !

i think i m still the champion among you all! my reno started mid-july..

can u imagine?

just wanna say, u guys is much better liao... start work later than me, but things completed around the same as mine... :bangwall:

=(((( oh well

everybody doing reno JIA YOU! end result will be worth it... look forward to seeing your dream homes come into reality... and then the house is yours to enjoy for many yrs to come... Jia you jia you!

Hi FFF,

He always MIA for a while!!! But dun worry, he will turn up soon!!!! Try calling him at 10-11 am, best timing!!!!

The hacking + clearing + haulage process will take at least 2 weeks, sometimes up to 3-4 weeks! Best to keep bugging him!!!

And yes, that is normal for him this period of time.

I am into 6 weeks of reno and I am at the wiring/plastering/L-box stage, can you imagine!?!?!?

And for my side is the fastest currently cos my hacking is done by another contractor (another long story)!!!

Jess side took 2 months + liao and she is only slightly faster than me!!!

Just chase uncle, do it like every day or every other day.

Trev

I'm comforted by knowing actually so many of you guys are experiencing what I'm experiencing. Just that I'm at a more initial stage. 6 weeks just to be at that kind of stage? Incredibly amazing slow!. I mean I kind of accept that he will delay but one thing I detest, he will tell you tmr after tmr. Why can't he just tell me a confirmed date, a really really confirmed date. Calling him everyday is really a challenging, getting him to answer is even more challenging and you will probably hear the same old sorry will do it tomorrow thing. Hope things get better.

I'm comforted by knowing actually so many of you guys are experiencing what I'm experiencing. Just that I'm at a more initial stage. 6 weeks just to be at that kind of stage? Incredibly amazing slow!. I mean I kind of accept that he will delay but one thing I detest, he will tell you tmr after tmr. Why can't he just tell me a confirmed date, a really really confirmed date. Calling him everyday is really a challenging, getting him to answer is even more challenging and you will probably hear the same old sorry will do it tomorrow thing. Hope things get better.

thats the problem when when too much business is no good for business. I have reading about all this "GOOD" contractors, and it makes me really thinking whether to get popular ones (many customers) or not so popular. I have narrowed to one contractor but now, it is really really scary **** when HO is delayed not due to our fault. Why must these contractor be greedy and take more than they can handle? Why arent we, as consumer not protected? when delay happen. It is a sad day when i read the forum and see that some fellow forumers had to bear all these nonsense; promises broken, trust misplaced. why why why... :curse:

thats the problem when when too much business is no good for business. I have reading about all this "GOOD" contractors, and it makes me really thinking whether to get popular ones (many customers) or not so popular. I have narrowed to one contractor but now, it is really really scary **** when HO is delayed not due to our fault. Why must these contractor be greedy and take more than they can handle? Why arent we, as consumer not protected? when delay happen. It is a sad day when i read the forum and see that some fellow forumers had to bear all these nonsense; promises broken, trust misplaced. why why why... :curse:

U sound to be badly hit by some of your very own experiences. All I have to say is that, its RARE to have the best of both worlds. Cheers bro/sis. We can motivate each other to carry on with the reno stress that's coming in at no mercy. :thumbs up:

now reno not yet start right?wait till reno start then know their bahwu!

haha..i shut them with tao sar piah!Untill now they still remember,it works! :P

(Angel teach me one)

Niccccce. Got to stock up on tao sar piah and stuff them with it. haha. Thanks for the tip buddy!

Guest Goobii

Oh my god!!! SUPER original... I bet your whole renovation should be around 40 to 50k ...

anyway from sept till now... still not completed... AH SOON this contractor is too slow in the renovation work. Usually such house can be completed within 1 or 2 month...

Oh my god!!! SUPER original... I bet your whole renovation should be around 40 to 50k ...

anyway from sept till now... still not completed... AH SOON this contractor is too slow in the renovation work. Usually such house can be completed within 1 or 2 month...

lol, actually my renovation is around 20-30k range :D . He is indeed slow, now currently still at the tiling stage, although I have some pics for updates but thought that I'll post it only when the full thing is complete.

lol, actually my renovation is around 20-30k range :D . He is indeed slow, now currently still at the tiling stage, although I have some pics for updates but thought that I'll post it only when the full thing is complete.

ok consider progress is fast! imagine mine started july... so what do u think? :)

jus have to continue to chase chase chase

Last update, check was done yesterday 19th of November and skirting of tiles still untouched. Uncle "promise" that by this saturday everything will be done and things will be cleared away so that I can send in my stuff like hood and hob, toilet accessories etc.

Certainly doesn't look promising since today is the last day that things can be done.

Have asked to deliver the toilet accessories(wash basin, wc, taps etc) tomorrow because I really dunno when to believe. Though the the cement and stuff are still in the house, I believe there is place to house these items first. Please let me know of your views if this is advisable. Thank you guys.

Hi fastfirefish,

By your floor plan, I realise that your layout is exactly the same as mine. For a moment, I thought I have clicked wrongly to my own thread. haha.

Anyway, good luck to your reno! Understand that you are undergoing many problems now...

Really hope to see your revamped house soon! :)