Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JandG

Home For 3. You, The Dog And Me

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

J&G i really can understand how pissed you were. Am not trying to add fuel to fire but bangalas have no common sense. They simply follow instructions and do even if it's wrong. The supervisor gonna play a part and i think you should not ask them to waive the $80! just tell them it's not even enough to cover your salary for the day!

this is called a level peg. the tiler will use this to gauge the screed level so that he will not 'overscreed' the floor.

hi JandG

for levelling of the floor, for screeding purpose?

gorilla

Edited by thephantom

J&G i really can understand how pissed you were. Am not trying to add fuel to fire but bangalas have no common sense. They simply follow instructions and do even if it's wrong. The supervisor gonna play a part and i think you should not ask them to waive the $80! just tell them it's not even enough to cover your salary for the day!

ya lor elane ! how come i didnt think of that......

this is called a level peg. the tiler will used this to gauge the screed level so that he will not 'overscreed' the floor.

whoa phantom! :good: wish i could give u a gold star ! you are absolutely correct. its to mark the screed level for my wood flooring !!

Edited by JandG

Chpt 6 : Wood within the wood

the prettiest part for the home for me, is probably the solid wood flooring. it really gives the luxe feel due to its thick heavy texture that i absolutely adore. these are thick strips of solid white oak timber. not parquet strips. wood actually looks and feels better and better when seasoned. :)

my ID didnt coordinate this as the contractor is a friend. unfortunately, they no longer do local sales. only direct imports to USA and Europe now. This is their corporate site below

CONTACTUS.png

the headache part here was arranging the screeding. if u recall, town council is the one arranging the screeding. we made an appt with them the very day we took keys. and they stood us up for 3 times! this was a major part of the delay in my home as no flooring means no carpentry, no painting, no ceiling works. by the 3rd time hubby was so mad that the town council lady came personally to our doorstep to apologise. 1st time what screeder forgot, 2nd time screeder sick, 3rd time dunno what. gahmen sweet gahmen :bangwall:

this is how the wood (water resist plywood base used to build ships hulls + solid timber) sits on the screed markers

DSCF0266.jpg

portion of flooring, showing depth of wood

SANY0786.jpg Edited by JandG

completed wood flooring...love the sheen :P

SANY0771.jpg

master bedroom with tiny dresser

SANY0748.jpg

another view

SANY0751.jpg

we also did the bay windows of all three rooms

SANY0686.jpg

SANY0689.jpg

the wooden floor is very nicely done! i also love woody stuff! most of our furniture is also in wood :)

did the flooring and bay windows cost an arm and a leg?

the wooden floor is very nicely done! i also love woody stuff! most of our furniture is also in wood :)

did the flooring and bay windows cost an arm and a leg?

:) Thanks for your appreciation Beany ! glad u are like us and love nature in your home. and no...it isnt very expensive at all. slightly more than parquet and cheaper than marble !

Chpt 7a : Kitchen Appliances

One of the first things we got for our home was the stuff frm Ariston we got sometime Mar 09. I love to bake, so a gd oven would be absolutely essential to the home.

Ariston FQ 1012 C.1 ICE Oven

oven.jpg

Steam oven SO 100 IX

steam.jpg

Cast Iron Hob PZ750RGH

hob.jpg

all have the sheer metallic look for the industrial theme we intended for the kitchen Edited by JandG

Chpt 7b: Lightings

Let there be light! Here are some of our purchases...

Crystal halogen downlight X2 for foyer and passageway to bedrooms

DSCF0196.jpg

everyone has one of these - for our service yard

DSCF0192.jpg

dining light...our fave !! and the very First light we got for the home

looks normal

DSCF0190.jpg

Surprise! when u turn it on

DSCF0191.jpg

hey!!!this mosiac very nice lei!!!u do so much must be very costly right?Last time i am pending to do either this one or the green one on my common bathroom but in the end give up le.Looks so nice the effect!!!Envy!!! :thumbs up:

Thanks Rondy...yeah we tried not to look at the bill when this one came in... :( mosaic has never been cheap...thats why we did 2 panels only...hee

our concealed rainshower head

DSCF0260.jpg

Wah chio :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

My wife wanted to do this initially but told her cannot cos it will be very expensive to lay mosaic for the whole wall leh

But after seeing yours, i'm tempted too. Sure hope my wife doesnt see your blog :P